Secret Santa 2016 Sign-Ups

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:38 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Username: Mea

Name/Alias: Mea, Books

Interests: Classical music, quantum physics and general astronomy, logic games, and history. I play the piano and viola too.

Color Preferences: Purple, blue, yellow.

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Probably the people tab. (I think I said that last year too. >.<)

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I love any orchestral music, particularly piano or strings. Favorite group is The Piano Guys. I also love Christmas music. As for shows, my favorites are Star Trek, Doctor Who, Merlin, and Sherlock.

Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter will always be the top of my list, but I also love Ender's Game, Lord of the Rings, everything by Brandon Sanderson, A Wrinkle in Time, and many more. In general, I love sci-fi and fantasy.

Preferred Type of Gift: Anything you think you can do best. :D

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'm not a fan of shipping, but other than that fandom-related things (and anything else, really) is awesome.

Other: Thank you!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:20 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

Username: ElizabethLovelace

Name/Alias: Liz, Lizzy, Lizz, Elizabeth, Book, Queen, any variation on my old username is fine
(Beth is the only nickname I don't do)

Interests: Horseback riding for like the past 10 years
Books about anything except romance
So many television shows and books
Dogs
I occasionally play the clarinet, sing, and write songs

Color Preferences: I prefer blue, black, purple, darker colors in general. Pink and bright colors are fine, just not my favorite.

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: I used to review a lot but now I mainly just lurk in the Lounge and occasionally type weird stories into my blog.

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: My music tastes are pretty much rock from the 50s to the 80s. Sometimes I jump into punk and pop but I definitely go nowhere near rap and hip hop. If I had to choose a favorite out of all of those, I'd say Elton John. Shows: There is legit a link in the signature folks but for the most part Sherlock, Supernatural, Doctor Who and the many different generations of Star Trek. Any Monty Python clip I can find on youtube or any one of my parent's vhs tapes they haven't gotten moldy.

Favorite Books/Fandoms:
I have a blog post listing all of the fandoms I'm in somewhat but I'll keep it to the main few. I am unfortunately a member of the SuperWhoLock realm but I haven't been to the darkness of tumblr for a long, long time. I sort of do DC and Marvel comics. Star Wars of course. And Harry Potter, can't forget that. The Hobbit/LotR has to be among my favorite series, in fact The Hobbit has to be my favorite book ever.

Preferred Type of Gift: Gif sets, short stories, whatever really. I'm happy to just be receiving a gift and being able to give one to another person.

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'm really fine with all types of ships within stories because there are always the fans that think Harry should have definitely been with Draco. Ships like that are what make a fandom a fandom.
I would rather not get poetry mostly because I'm bad at understanding/dislike poetry.

Other: Not religious at all, not bothered by all the Sherlock and Supernatural ships. Extremely sarcastic and I write jokes sometimes, so don't be afraid of the humor element of gift giving. Yeah that's it.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:43 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

Username: Lava
Name/Alias: Lava
Interests: SCIENCE! Travel. Cute teapots. Birthdays. Cake. Food. ALL THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
Color Preferences: ALL OF THEM!
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Staring at the number of unread messages
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Mrrp. Currently watching The Fall and enjoying it.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: I love Name of the Wind!
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc. Surprise me!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Coal!
Other:
I LOVE YOU YWS
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:58 pm
View Likes
Featherstone says...

Username: Featherstone9086
Name/Alias: Feather
Interests: Birds. Books. Falconry. Raptors. Animals in general. Drawing. Fantasy.
Color Preferences: I prefer earth-tones or neutrals, but I honestly like pretty much anything except neon.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Writing/reviewing or role-playing
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Song artists: Two Steps From Hell; John Dreamer. Shows: Merlin; Firefly
Favorite Books/Fandoms: I love anything by Tamora Pierce, the Beka Cooper series in particular; Fablehaven; the Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins; Falconry Art & Practice by Emma Ford
Preferred Type of Gift: Surprise me!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I honestly can't think of anything off the top of my head.
Other: My life= birds, writing, drawing (terribly)
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

325 Reviews

Reviews: 325
Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:25 am
View Likes
tigeraye says...

Username: Tigeraye
Name/Alias: Tigeraye
Interests: Video games, criminology, psychology, pokemon
Color Preferences: Blue
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: People tab
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Song artists: Switchfoot, City and Colour, Jack Johnson or pretty much any folk rock besides Mumford and Sons Shows: The Nanny, Breaking Bad (strange combination I know)
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Roald Dahl is my favorite author
Preferred Type of Gift: No preference
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: No preference
Other: just put a little effort into it and i'll be happy.
dot

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:55 am
View Likes
DragonWriter22 says...

Username: DragonWriter22
Name/Alias: Sarah
Interests: Reading, Writing, Chemistry, Fantasy, Adventure, Dragons, Owls, Pi (the number), Role Playing,
Color Preferences: I like forest green and royal blue
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: People tab most likely
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Karliene, Lindsey Stirling, Peter Hollens, Doctor Who, Merlin, Any songs from Lord of the Rings, Owl City, Bastille, Everything is Awesome
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Lord of the Rings, Guardians of Ga'hoole, Percy Jackson, Star Wars, Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, Septimus Heap, Ranger's Apprentice, Silmarillion (which sort of fits into Lord of the Rings, but some people label it as a different fandom),
Preferred Type of Gift: Anything you can make, drawing, story, poem, whatever you're best at!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I'm good with pretty much anything!
Other: Thank you in advance!
No. For the last time, I don't write on dragons!

I am the Night Rider! Wait, I mean the Night Writer! Ah, no. Well, I do write at night, but... I am the Knight Writer of the Green Room! There we go. :D

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:13 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Username: Carina
Name/Alias: Carina (lol)
Interests: Nerdy jokes/references, food, space, violin/viola/orchestra in general, writing, art, chocolate!!
Color Preferences: Warm colors that don't 'pop', so think of autumn.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: For the past two years it's gotta be blogs because I'm pretty inactive lol
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I really like indie rock and EDM. Two totally different but also two very different moods! I also love some classical music, especially Tchaikovsky. Favorite song right now: There Will Be Time by Mumford & Sons. I also reeeally love Doctor Who (Tennant is my fav doctor!!).
Preferred Type of Gift: Sometime original and creative!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Something unoriginal and not creative lol
Other: I reallyreallyREALLY love dogs! Specifically corgis, collies, or shiba inus!
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:39 pm
View Likes
KiraThePotatoChip says...

Username:KiraThePotatoChip
Name/Alias:Kira
Interests:I like doing a lot of art, reading, watching shows, music, thinking, and video games. My interests are selectively chosen to create the least productive function possible in a human.
Color Preferences:Darker colors are my favorite, but I can appreciate light colors as well. I really dislike oranges, yellows, and certain shades of green. I do like darker reds and blacks, so maroon, blood red, cherry and so on.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:Either chat or storybooks.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:I really like Thomas Bergerson, Audiomachine, Zack Hemsey, some of Icon for Hire, a lot of cinematic style music, or really anything that isn't in the genre that is classed as pop. I like certain songs like Lion from Hollywood Undead or Outside, but other than that nothing. To get a better feel for what I like just search up epic music, and you'll find about 90% of what I enjoy. As far as shows go, I like Doctor Who, Death Note, Tokyo Ghoul, Fullmetal Alchemist, Criminal Minds, and Agents of Shield.
Favorite Books/Fandoms:I read a lot of manga because I'm a weeb, and I also enjoyed books like Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, Adventurers Wanted, Lord of the Rings, or anything somewhat fantasy. Again, seeing as I'm a weeb, I am a part of certain anime fandoms.
Preferred Type of Gift: Anything Tokyo Ghoul related, I'm currently really invested into the series. If that can't be done just anything related to the above interests would be cool to see. I don't mind what it is, writing, gif set, or art, but I would prefer something original.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Don't send me a meme. I'll force you into a realm you will dislike. Anything I stated above that I disliked will probably not make a good gift.
Other:N/A
Bisexual Disaster, Master Stroke of a human being, may or may not incite a revolution.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:09 pm
OreosAreLife says...

b]Username:[/b] OreosAreLife
Name/Alias: Oreos, Oreo, Ash, Ashley
Interests:Reading, writing, poetry, Once Upon a Time, Supergirl, Jokes, drawing, Pandas, Zebras, Kittens, Hamsters, Oreos :)
Color Preferences:Black, Red, Green, Blue, White
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Either the chatroom or browsing around.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:Artists: 5 Seconds of Summer, Rachel Platter, Skillet, Get Scared, Breaking Benjamin, Enrique Iglesias, Trevor Moran, My Chemical Romance, Against the Current, Echosmith,
T.V. Show: How I Met your Mother, Family guy, South Park, Anything BUT country really. Once Upon a Time, Super Girl, Bones, American Horror Story, Supernatural,
Favorite Books/Fandoms:Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Giver, Oncer, The Maze Runner Series, Gregor the Overlander series, Private series, It Girl Series, Anything by Shakespeare and Emily Dickinson, Marked Series, Just one day and Just One Year, Come Back.
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.[/b] Surprise me... :)
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: No memes please no Spongebob or Grey's Anatomy. Nothing purple.
Other: I'm happy just to think you thought of me in the gift. I'm sure it will be great!
Last edited by OreosAreLife on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Don't become the thing you hate

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:38 am
View Likes
EverStorm says...

Username: EverWinter
Name/Alias: Ever
Interests: Reading, Writing, Drawing, Hiking.
Color Preferences: Turquoise and Purple (Pretty much any cool colors)
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Storybooks, Green Room.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: 5 Seconds of Summer, BBC's Merlin, BBC's Sherlock, Avatar: The Last Airbender
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Michael Vey, Marvel.
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc. It doesn't really matter to me, just anything would be fine :)
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I dont like warm colors very much, except for a little bit of yellow. Ships aren't really my thing, but I wouldn't throw a fit about one. Except Merthur. I detest that ship. Also, I don't like intense/violent things. No Supernatural or anything like that. Im a very sensitive soul xD Please nothing scary.
Other: It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just something upbeat and happy. Something that will make me smile. Just knowing that someone took time on it would be fantastic.

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:25 am
View Likes
Aley says...

Username: Aley
Name/Alias: Aleycat

Interests: Poetry, art, dragons, pokemon, art, acrylics, Yu Yu Hakusho (Favorite character is Kurama/Youko Kurama), Star Trek [the originalto DS9. My favorite character is Spock], Inuyasha (Favorite character Sesshomaru), Trigun, Gengar and Luxray are totally two of my favorite pokemon.

Color Preferences: silver/grey/blue contrasting colors together, color playing, I love colors! Vivid colors, rich colors, shadowy colors, weird colors, I hate yellow with a passion because of painting reasons though, although on the computer yellow is okay. It's not such a translucent nutter when it's on the computer. I love layers in stuff that make ghostly things.

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: in chat or such.

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: The Hook by those people with the cat on their cover. Um, Jason Mraz, folk music, The Mistress is a good song. Heather Dale is a good singer.

Favorite Books/Fandoms: Oh lords, I already listed most of these. Right now I'm reading the Temeraire series though and those are really fun. I'm on book three!

Preferred Type of Gift: Whatever you want to do, I will love. My fantasy gift would probably be something to do with Kurama or Sesshomaru though, but since a lot of people don't know that fandom, or those fandoms rather, I doubt it will happen XD I would like something gengar shaped? I don't know. It's totally up to what you like to do! I do love puns though...

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Whatever you don't want to give me? I don't know. I mean, I don't really want Picard on whatever it is I get. I didn't really like him as a captain [He was not good at fighting DX]. I liked Kirk because he could actually fight and by the same right I loved Spock because he was just great with all of his quotes and things.

Other: I'm really excited to GIVE a secret santa gift so what I get will make me happy. I mean, you could spend 5 mins throwing together a poem with my name in it, or an acrostic of my name and I would love it.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:34 am
View Likes
Amnesia says...

Username: Remembrance
Name/Alias:Mem, Memmy, Memsy
Interests: Harry Potter, Bands, music, Supernatural, Dr Who, pretty much anything
Color Preferences:Purple or Blue
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Chat, SB thats where im at mostly
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Right now I have a thing for Brendon Urie, I adore Supernatural, Sherlock, Dr Who, Once Upon A Time
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter, Percy Jackson
Preferred Type of Gift: I like most anything ^.^
What Do You NOT Want to Get?:I can't tolerate half-butted things, take your time because i love homemade things
Other: Like I said I'll be happy to get anything you would like to make me. Im not hard to please and to me its honestly the thought that counts <3
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:06 am
View Likes
Snazzy says...

Username: SnazzyPencil
Name/Alias: Snazzy, Snazz, (and in some reviews, I go by Snazz Pizzazz :P )
Interests: BAND BAND BAND (like, concert band, and ESPECIALLY marching band) DCI (summed up is roughly hardcore marching band). I play mostly piano and clarinet. :)
Color Preferences: I like Autumn colors, like red, orange, yellow, and a variety of browns - especially when those 4 are together!).
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: It would probably be in the clubs and people forums, but I'm trying to get back into reviewing out of the green room (slowly but surely).
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I still very much enjoy ThePianoGuys, but I'm really getting into DCI, specifically the Bluecoats and The Legends. (Also, on youtube, I love watching Studio C -- SCOTT STERLING!! xD) I watch a lot of Chopped, Cuthroat Kitchen, Cupake Wars, etc., despite the fact that I can't cook or bake if my life depended on it. Like, Chopped is my go to show. XD
Favorite Books/Fandoms: All things (for the most part) Shel Silverstein. Still in love with The Maze Runner too!
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.
Writing, or any form of art, really. Whatever you really enjoy doing!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc. Please do not put "I don't want a crappy gift" or anything like that. Be nice or Santa will give you coal.
I don't understand any Sherlock, Doctor What I mean Who (don't hurt me), or anything remotely similar.
Other:
Have fun, and don't stress! I'm just super excited for all this!!! :D
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:10 am
View Likes
Que says...

Username: Falconer

Name/Alias: Falc, Falco, Radio, Thin Slice,

Interests: I love drawing, writing, Iceland (but I've never been there), languages and countries, piano, music, reading

Color Preferences: I like most colors! I most like purple, blue, red, and green.

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Probably the People tab!

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I love Of Monsters and Men, Death Cab for Cutie, Mannheim Steamroller, and Lindsey Stirling. And lots of musicals and their music, like Phantom of the Opera, Les Mis and Wicked.

Favorite Books/Fandoms:
The Six of Crows duology is my favorite! And the Grisha Trilogy. I also love Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. Lots of fantasy books.
Oh! And Star Trek (Original Series) and Star Wars. :)

Preferred Type of Gift: Anything is great! Written things, drawn things, whatever you're into. ^_^

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Something very hot pink. Pink is best in moderation. XD

Other: I'll love whatever it is you make!
Est-ce que vous parlez français?

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:11 am
View Likes
Rook says...

Username: fortis
Name/Alias: n/a
Interests: art, writing, plays, video games, bagels
Color Preferences: I love grey. also purple and sea foam green
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: poetry and chat
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: ugh so many. not really shows, but if you ever see me in chat, hit me up about favorite artists and songs.
I really like alex andreev, leonid afremov, and rob gonsalves as artists.
I like foals, subheim, hammock, video game sound tracks, and a TON of scattered one-off songs.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Uh... I love the name of the wind. Harry Potter is cool.
Preferred Type of Gift: Something you made yourself, that you spent a bit of time on, and that you enjoyed creating.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I don't want things that other people made that I could just google and find.
Other: Do something that makes you happy and I'm sure I'll enjoy it ^_^
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

You have been de-shenaniganed.
— WaffleCat