z

Young Writers Society

My project!

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:08 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

Hello people! So...I'm doing a falconry/raptor project for school and will have pictures, videos, articles, links, etc here if anyone's interested in learning about raptors/falconry.

Here goes nothing.

Last edited by ChieTheWriter on Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

75 Reviews

Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:26 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

https://vimeo.com/192140312
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

75 Reviews

Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:05 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Shorter version

https://vimeo.com/192207544

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:21 pm
Dracula says...

*raises hand* I have a question! Could you tell us about falcons in folklore and legends?
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

75 Reviews

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:55 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

There's stories out there, however I'm not too familiar with the lore part. But falcons/eagles/hawks/owls/etc played a big part in Native American superstitions and traditions. A Shoshone legend mentioned one having their wishes granted by wishing on the feather of a red-tailed hawk. Most tribes took the eagle as a symbol of power. I'm not too sure about the falcon part though.

In addition, Mongolia has a thing about falconry. Many people there who live off the land train eagles to hunt things like rabbits, wolves, and foxes. You ever heard the Genghis Khan story about him and his falcon? Mongolian.

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:21 am
Dracula says...

ChieRynn wrote:You ever heard the Genghis Khan story about him and his falcon?

No, but I have now! Just googled it. :D
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.
— J.K. Rowling