z

Young Writers Society

What are your halloween plans? Anyone dressing up?

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:28 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

Discuss your Hallow Eve plans. Even if you don't celebrate it, happy Monday right?

Last year, I had costumes for my two cats. That is his tail waving wildly in distaste.

I may do that again! Other than that, Monday is looking cozy with crazy orange socks and mugs and stacks of books.

You?! What are your plans? :o

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:58 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Omg, I don't think that we'll be able to beat last year's Halloween! Mary, Anthony, and I all had matching costumes!

Halloween 215.jpg
Aren't we the cutest skeletons ever?!

I was hoping that Anthony would be able to fit in the pumpkin costume that I got for Mary when she was the same age, but Anthony is HUGE and he's already outgrown that 3-6 month pumpkin onesie, even though he's not even five months old. :( So! There is a white tiger onesie that fits him currently, I think... and so maybe he can be Tony the Tiger? :D

white tiger.jpg
Since the taking of this picture, he's outgrown the pacifier... they grow up so fast!

But, who knows? He might outgrow that one too... it's also 3-6 months, but it's a little bit more forgiving in size than the pumpkin suit. We shall see!

There's a consignment shop nearby that I was thinking about taking Mary to so she can pick out her costume. Honestly, I sort of want her to pick the frog costume because she has a "frog voice" that she loves talking in and she can jump about and be the cutest little frog ever. But, we'll see!

I have no idea what I will do... probably put on my lab coat and be an evil scientist. With pumpkin guts all over me.

This year, I get to take Mary out for trick-or-treating, so that will be fun! Maybe! She's mostly really shy with people, so it could be very uncomfortable for her, but I think the candy will help her enjoy it. :) We shall see! Plus, I think I'll get her a pumpkin bucket, which she will LOVE, and that will greatly increase her enjoyment! Of course, if she hates trick-or-treating, we'll hunker down at home and hand out candy... our place is hopping on Halloween!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:52 pm
View Likes
Gymnast2801 says...

Well, don't know what to be for Holloween. I'm going trick-or-treating but I don't know what/who to be. Any ideas? Last year I was a black cat.
If the world was blind, how many people would you impress?

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:38 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

I will be dressing up! And probably going trick-or-treating. There isn't a lot of trick-or-treating here, but if I can get onto the American embassy compound, *everyone* that lives there is trick-or-treating. It won't be too hard - I have plenty of friends who live there.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:51 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

I'll be painting some Halloween stuff, but no costumes for me.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:27 pm
View Likes
Lucia says...

I don't usually dress up, but I keep getting told to be a rabbit. (Probably because I'm hopping around on crutches) :D
Noodles, don't noodles...

There is a saying...........
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
~ Oogway

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:45 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

I'm going to be a black cat. (: And probably going trick-or-treating with my brother and sister.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:19 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

If I dress up, it's going to be as Barb from Stranger Things.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:35 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

My plan is Professor McGonagall. I'm still working on sewing the cloak and it's going slowly because my sewing machine is packed away somewhere.
*glares at stacks of boxes*
The dogs are also going as witches(one Ravenclaw, one Hufflepuff) as soon as I finish making their capes.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:37 pm
View Likes
Amabilia says...

I'm just going to wear a panda onesie and hand out candy. The kids can take one piece, or they can sing/dance for me and get a handful.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:55 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Neville the bunny hasn't told me what he wants to be yet. Those cat costumes were <3 <3 <3 and Neville doesn't understand how adorable he would look if he would just wear a costume.

I plan on passing out candy because I love seeing children in their little costumes! (And I love eating the leftover candy). I don't have a costume planned but I might try to pull something together last minute if I get a good idea. I can also always go with my always ready Hermione Granger costume ;)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:11 am
View Likes
OreosAreLife says...

I don't do Halloween anymore unless you count the little kids at school giving me candy the day after? But I plan on sitting in my room and reading a good book.
Don't become the thing you hate

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:47 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

I plan to watch Miss Peregrine's... if it's possible.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:56 pm
View Likes
deleted21 says...

I will finally have finished midterm sooooo, FREE TIME! :'[]
I'll watch a half dozen horror stuff, no doubt there! :P

And, I'll read a book, as usual. =:[]

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:06 pm
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

I'll probably be one of the characters from my book...
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

Writing is my soul made tangible on paper.
— bluewaterlily