z

Young Writers Society

Fearless Self Expression (with Rebecca Sugar)

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:56 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

phpBB [media]

Since YWS is a site for creative self-expression, and a site for young writers who likely experience bullying (past, present, or future), I decided to bring Cartoon Network's event to YWS for a low-key encouragement for coping mechanisms for bullying, stress, and general pain.

Week One: Press Yourself!

You're full of everything you feel and take in. Press that down and squeeze it into your creative outlet. Your singing, dancing, writing, music, drawing, painting, photography. Anything at all. Remember, don't show anyone! But push it all out; and it's not a one-time deal, it's not an all-the-time deal. It's an I have taken in something, and here is what it looks like painted as a skyscape.

This thread will be updated each week with the new challenges, and after week four, I may award a badge for those who chose to express themselves fearlessly, depending on how much time I have available!

Subscribe to the thread, be creative, and remember that no matter the stress or problem, there's nothing you can't overcome, Writer.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:54 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Update

For whoever takes part in the Fearless Self-Expression event and explores their coping mechanisms of creativity, upon posting in this thread in week four sharing your experience with the aid of your souped-up coping toolkit, your courage will be rewarded with a badge from the YWS Staff, appropriately named Fearless

-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:05 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

It's time for Week Two: Pure Study!

phpBB [media]

Ping for those who liked:
Spoiler! :

@Kaos, @TheSilverFox, @Rosendorn, @ChildOfNowhere, @Mea, @Wolfical, @Moonwatcher, @Craz, @Megrim, @Birkhoff, @Steggy, @Mage, @Audy, @TriSARAHtops, @Carlito, @Pompadour

Feel free to tell others about this. Coping mechanisms are important. Creative outlets are important. Together, you have a lot of importance. :)
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:47 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Fearless Self Expression: Week Three (Love Collection)

phpBB [media]

Week one, you pushed out all the negativity you took in with your sponge, week two you absorbed pure water by studying your favorite singers, artists, writers, dancers, performers. You learned who they learned from, who inspired them, WHAT inspired them...and now it's time to acknowledge what inspires you.

Week three is Pure Love, when you will not have to produce anything for the entire week for this challenge. You just have to pay attention to the positives in your life. Acknowledge the beautiful people who inspire you. Acknowledge the things that keep you stable, that keep you solvent.

Acknowledge the things you love.

And next week, we'll come back together for our final week together.

Ping for those who liked:
Spoiler! :

@Kaos, @TheSilverFox, @Rosendorn, @ChildOfNowhere, @Mea, @Wolfical, @Moonwatcher, @Craz, @Megrim, @Birkhoff, @Steggy, @Mage, @Audy, @TriSARAHtops, @Carlito, @Pompadour, @Zolen, @Auxiira

Keep loving, and keep being loved.
Lumi
-Shinji Moon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:45 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Final Expression! (Week Four)

phpBB [media]

We've made it! It's week four and our sponges are full of love, the things we love, and why we love them. Rebecca's instructions are simple: write out, dance out, sing out, play out, draw out, paint out, build out anything--EVERYTHING--that's in your sponge full of love. This is your final step in the coping process of Fearless Self Expression.

And -happy sigh- doesn't it feel great?

To finish the YWS course, post in the lit section, art section, lounge or anywhere appropriate something you've created with your love and link it in this thread. In the title of the piece, if it's in the lit section, put beside the title or in the description (FSE) or (Fearless Self Expression), and if someone asks you about it, tell them about this by word of mouth; how it's helped you, IF it's helped you. Days you had fun, days you wish you wouldn't have subbed to the thread! And definitely, definitely, definitely tell them if it's helped you cope with anything.

If I see something tagged with FSE, I and/or other mods with me will do our best to get out and review it and focus on the positivity that you brought out.

Please remember to put a link to it in this thread to receive your badge, and if you feel like it, tell us if this strategy has helped you with coping with stress or hate.

Let us know.

The loyalty ping!
Spoiler! :

@Kaos, @TheSilverFox, @Rosendorn, @ChildOfNowhere, @Mea, @Wolfical, @Moonwatcher, @Craz, @Megrim, @Birkhoff, @Steggy, @Mage, @Audy, @TriSARAHtops, @Carlito, @Pompadour, @Zolen, @Auxiira
-Shinji Moon

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7

You are in the wrong land even if the roosters recognize you.
— Nathalie Handal, "Noir, une lumière"