z

Young Writers Society

Stop, Collaborate and Listen!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:54 am
View Likes
jumpingsheep says...

I posted something like this about a year ago and once again I am seeking for some music suggestions. I'm possibly deejaying at an alternative radio station this year and I also need some more music for a personal project I am working on.

So...post your music!! I need offbeat, a little strange, a little wacky, or maybe a fun throwback! Songs with themes of revolution are especially needed (for the underground radio project, Lone Voice Radio, which I am still working on!). The only thing I'm not currently looking for is anything that has been played regularly on the radio over the last few years.

Hopefully, I can get some news jams, and you all can discover some new songs!

This is what I've been checking out:

1) The Bagman's Gambit--The Decemberists
2) Take Me Home--Phil Collins
3) Peacebone--Animal Collective
4) I Was a Teenage Anarchist-- Against Me!
5) I'll Fly Away (gospel folk song)
6) Revelation--Zack Hemsey
hello there

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:00 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I suppose I have something that, more or less, fits your criteria. Except maybe the rebellion part. :P
Spoiler! :
*throws song at jumpingsheep*
phpBB [media]
*scurries away*
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:34 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Always happy to oblige with the music suggestions. I'll stick to the revolution-y ones for now. At the moment all I can think of is:
Spoiler! :
And I'm not sure if this song is really about revolution in the way that you want for Lone Voice Radio, from what I remember having read.of it way back when. But eh.
phpBB [media]

OHHH I just thought of this one. Might work a little better. Their song "Outsiders" might also work for you
phpBB [media]

Scratch what I said about not having ideas about rebellion songs, this works perfectly. Their other songs are also very cool, a little different to this one though.
phpBB [media]

When I get a minute I'll return with some fun ones!
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:40 pm
Rook says...

I've posted this list before so I had a nice access to it.
I burned these songs onto a CD. They're my "loud and rambunctious" songs. I have a ton of other songs that are more low-key and/or instrumental. (take for example litterally any song from the band Hammock or the band Subheim. I'm also a fan of Underworld)
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:31 pm
jumpingsheep says...

Wow thank you guys! Keep it up! I've been going through these suggestions and they're great!
hello there

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
— Samuel Butler