z

Young Writers Society

Do you think love can change people?

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:31 pm
deleted21 says...

What the title says! ^ Be kind enough to be precise! :3

Can love really change us? Or, that's more like a temporary thing? Can friendship does that, then?

I've been thinking about it for a while, so... thoughts would be appreciated! ^__^
Last edited by deleted21 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:49 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Human is a social creature, adapting to what it considered a priority.

Friends change people.

Loves change people.

These changes do not influence the core all the time, but they can, leaving a person very different after a while.

This is obvious and have been known since well before the founding of psychology.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:46 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Having unconditional love is often the make or break factor for escaping out of an abusive situation.

In case people would rather not read discussion of abuse, it's spoilered.

Spoiler! :
Abuse is, by its nature, conditional love— you only get praise if you behave a certain way, and you get very unfair repercussions for whatever the abuser perceives as a "slight". And the insidious part of abuse is you believe it's 100% deserved. You believe you deserve the repercussions that happen whenever you preform this "slight."

Then somebody loves you unconditionally, somebody doesn't punish you for behaving poorly, somebody supports you no matter what... and you start to see that you're not the hardest human being to get along with on the planet and just maybe your abuser is being unreasonable.

And that one person's love, that one person's support, basically re-teaches you that you're a worthwhile person who doesn't deserve the experiences you're getting with an abuser. Then makes you far less likely to ever fall for an abuser again.

If that doesn't demonstrate the importance of love, I don't know what does.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:29 pm
View Likes
ofmonstersandmen1234 says...

Yes because it has changed me for the better and I know it isn't a bad thing. Love makes people lie a lot but that it can also make people honest. I think love changes us all and once it does there is no going back.
[user][/user]

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:47 am
View Likes
godlypopo says...

Love is an incredibly powerful emotion and thus by default it will change a person due to the impact it has on our body. This can be for better or worse depending on how they feel about love. Sometimes one can become addicted causing them to act on impulse rather than thought. However love can change someone for the better as they try to be the best they can be around thier love. Are these changes perminant? Mostly, no. But there will still be an impact that leaves the person slightly different from before.
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch