z

Young Writers Society

Which author gives you the most inspiration?

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:52 pm
View Likes
godlypopo says...

When you pick up a pen or tap at a key board, which author gives you that motivation to write? Did you pick up your genre from them? :D

My favourite author would either have to be Terri Terri or Michael Grant as their writing styles are really unique and interesting. However, I have never read a horror novel in my life even though it is my main genre.
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:09 pm
View Likes
Snazzy says...

SHEL SILVERSTEIN.

Seriously though, all of my poems are basically inspired by him. He takes random nonsensical thoughts, and turns them into fun, whimsy works of art. (I'm not quite there yet, but I'm trying! :D )
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:35 pm
Ariak says...

Jane Austen
Amanda Hocking
Jojo Moyes

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:37 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

The first author that I remember making me want to be an author was actually Stephenie Meyer. When I was 13 and Twilight had just come out and the fan base wasn't very big yet, Stephenie would respond to personal emails and would answer fan questions on MySpace and it was such a cool experience to have as a mega fan. I remember thinking about how cool it would be to be an author and be able to do that.

Within my genre though, the authors that really made me fall in love with the genre and made we want to add to the genre have been Ann Brashares, John Green, and Gayle Forman. However, every single time I finish a book that completely knocks my socks off and makes me fall into a book hangover, it makes me want to write so I can hopefully give that reaction to someone else someday :) I usually find a handful of books each year that fall into that category for me.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo