z

Young Writers Society

Have you been bullied?

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:30 am
View Likes
Siddharth says...

Yes I have been bullied.The reason was I was the silent one never enjoying in the trash boy talks thus I did not fit in. I was teased at and they spread rumours about relationships and so on. Once they stuck a piece of paper on my back reading "Kick me". It does not seem to be a big thing now but then as an eighth grader in my adolescence it used to be quite depressing and demoralising.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:16 am
View Likes
RadiantShadow says...

Yup many times mostly because I couldn't chat on msn (remember that?! i was 9)and didn't have a cell phone so I ended up not having any close friends. They picked on me for being able to do gymnastics instead of being able to sing or dance (i was a shy and one of the smallest) and they constantly told me I was ugly for having curly hair. Looking back it wasn't that bad because I never really bothered and this led me to having imaginary friends and creating huge battle scenarios in my bedroom instead of facing a computer screen.
The Shadows strengthen your path, the Light guides your soul, together they make you eternal.

325 Reviews

Reviews: 325
Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:16 pm
tigeraye says...

more than i should have allowed, honestly
dot

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:39 am
SkyeWalker says...

I never was, and I think I know the reason why. Even though I was always the odd one out or the weird one or the artsy theatre kid, I always gave this air of confidence, I guess.
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:58 am
Holysocks says...

I was homeschooled, so I think I dodged bullying for the most part. However I have had my share of difficult friends. Growing up my best friend was almost mean to me- she was always the fast learner that everyone praised because she knew big words at six, and I learned tricks to keep her from bugging me about things like being bad at math and being knowledgeable about whatever. She was very competitive, basically.

For instance, she'd always nag me about listening to country music- even now I feel like saying "I grew up on country music, it's all I was exposed to" like I need to defend myself.

But it is important to remember that "bullies" don't always have it easy, either. And they might not even know what they're doing is bullying, or harmful to their friends/other kids. I stuck with that friend and we're still friends to this day- and I can tell you this much: if I need her, she has got my back 100%. She's also way easier to be friends with these days. I just wanted to say this because I think it helps a person that's being bullied or was bullied to think kind of speculate what might cause that person to bully, and it might help to empathise. But that's all!
100% autistic

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:04 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Not since I was nine. I had just moved to a new place, and this girl befriended me and then she and her friends basically turned on me. I figured out later that they had a reputation as the meanest girls in the school. I don't have very clear memories of the event.

I'm not in public school anymore, but even when I was I was just so not a part of high school culture that I wasn't a target. Even if I had been, I'm pretty sure I'd just roll my eyes and walk away, and if it got obnoxious I wouldn't hesitate to report it. Honestly, if you just completely disengage from high school drama, it usually works out better for you, especially if you prefer a smaller social circle like I do.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

Reviews: 0
Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:15 am
Bionik says...

Siddharth wrote:Yes I have been bullied.The reason was I was the silent one never enjoying in the trash boy talks thus I did not fit in. I was teased at and they spread rumours about relationships and so on. Once they stuck a piece of paper on my back reading "Kick me". It does not seem to be a big thing now but then as an eighth grader in my adolescence it used to be quite depressing and demoralising.

Ohh, I had rather similiar experience! :( It was the same with teasing, also swearing towards me and with the papers on my back :( No one from my classmates kicked me but they liked to hide my school stuff rather often and that constant teasing was a great stress for me :(
In my teenage years I was just and outsider :? My classmates stopped that active bullying but we didn't make friends between each other anyway :pirate2: They just didn't understand my love for reading, anime, unsual colours on the head like these ones http://hairstylezz.com/best-blue-ombre-hair-designs/7/, alternative music, studying... And I didn't understand them too.
Thanks God, I had several friends in my school :shock:
Cry, cry like a child...(c)

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:00 am
aulyasela3597 says...

I used to get bullied a lot when I was in fifth grader.I got bullied almost everyday. And the kid who bullied me, we are practically friends now though. But it is kind hard to be able to talk to a kid who bullied me on some days. And kids get threatened sometimes.

I care about bullying because it hurts others and seeing someone not wanting to live anymore because of bullying makes you want to help, but you're afraid or don't have the courage. I believe bullying should be stopped. :(

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:55 am
zaminami says...

A lot. Still am. I don't like to talk about it.
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

The last of the human freedoms is to choose one's attitudes.
— Viktor Frankl