z

Young Writers Society

Spooky Ghost Tales

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:01 am
View Likes
Pompadour says...

One week ago, at around three in the morning, I crept downstairs to get a glass of water. I didn't want to wake anyone up, and the door to my parents' room was open, so I didn't turn on the light on the landing. As I went downstairs, I felt something sticky on the underside of my foot. I shrugged it off, before I realised...

That I'd probably spilled some tea while carrying it upstairs and mum would kill me in the morning.

Anyway, I went downstairs, being careful not to trip, poured myself a glass of water and ran back upstairs. I tiptoed into my own room and turned on the light. Then, I screamed.

Because I'd seen my own face in the mirror.

JK, no scary experiences here, move along, folks.
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:10 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I have a lot of spooky experiences, but here's the most memorable!

My mum's old house on a highway has always been creepy. Things being moved, creepy shadows and weird noises, footsteps, etc. But the creepiest thing was how my china doll would move halfway across my room over night. Every night before I went to sleep, I'd put her in the far corner from my door on top of a cupboard. Every morning, she'd be on the floor halfway towards my bed. I hated it. I also had a thing about the door that lead to beneath the house. It would open on its own all the time and I never wanted to go near it to close it. I'm so glad she doesn't live there anymore.

I was staying with my dad at an ex-GF's of his, probably for about three or four months. The first few months were fairly uneventful. But then one night, I was sitting in the lounge room in full view of the front door. I heard it open and close and heard footsteps come into the house and up the stairs, thumping occasionally like someone had bumped into the wall. Then I heard a door upstairs open and close, and then nothing. About ten or fifteen minutes later, my dad and the GF got home. I asked them if they'd come home recently, but nope. And no one else was home the entire time I was hearing this. Creepy, right?

Same place as above, about the end of the third month, I was in bed, sleeping. For some reason, I don't know why, I woke up and looked towards the closed bedroom door. There was someone standing there, all shades of grey and white. I was frozen for about a second before I rolled over and switched a lamp on. When I looked back, they were gone--and I didn't hear any footsteps or creaking floor boards or the door opening. Talk about weird! Never had it happen again.

My mum and I were once wandering around an Old Gaol. We looked into a cell that was always locked and had a history of weirdness going on. Got a blast of cold air in our faces that even lifted our hair! Now, the town it's in is pretty windy, sure, but there was glass over the window in the cell, so I'm not sure if it was the wind or not. Still, pretty odd.

Also, at the same gaol, I spent about three or four hours there on my own while my supervisor was at a meeting. He'd been gone about ten minutes when I heard footsteps making the rounds; in through the (locked) front door, down the front of the building, through the men's cells and then nothing until they got back to the women's cells (which were right outside the room I was in). I never saw anyone else, and it was a pretty constant routine going on. Every 20 minutes or so, like clock work. I put my headphones in eventually, lol.

In a small town about two hours away from where I live now, I was visiting the hotel/real estate place. We were chatting to the lady there about houses and stuff when the front office to the left (facing the building) caught my attention. It felt kinda oppressive, you know? I decided to walk in. First time I did so, I got about three steps in and was hit with a wall of terror that wasn't mine. I was pretty bubbling and stuff before, you know. Happy. So I didn't get the terror at first. Anyway, backed out of there real first and caught dad and the lady looking at me. First thing she says? "That room is haunted." Then she goes on to explain that apparently it was haunted by an old man who died there. She wasn't sure what happened, but did say they had a psychic through before who said he was apparently beaten up? So, I go back in a few times, and I'm unable to get past about three steps again. Eventually, I had to be like "I'm not here to hurt you. I just want to talk." After that, I got all the way over to the window and the oppressive vibes lifted. I was really drained afterwards, too. So, yeah, more weirdness.

Lastly, in my current house, there were two incidents. When we first moved in, i saw a tall, lanky shadow figure. About six months later, I was sitting in the lounge room watching something on my computer so I didn't disturb Boy (who was asleep at the time), and happened to glimpse someone walk towards the lounge room from the back of the house. All I saw was a grey figure who walked right through a chair. Suffice to say, I freaked out and yelled for Boy, waking him up. Told him what happened and he was like "relaaaax, I'm here now." He's <3. But odd stuff keeps happening; things moving, falling off of places where they physically can't fall off, little noises and stuff.

I think you can say my life is entertaining? XD
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Doors are for people with no imagination.
— Skulduggery Pleasant