Young Writers Society

Your dream in one sentence...

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:04 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

Describe the dream you had last night (or any night) in one sentence. Bonus points for the wackiest descriptions.

I'll share first. Last night Rick was driving a van, and Michonne was in the back watching Maggie and Glenn being devoured by walkers.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

862 Reviews

Reviews: 862
Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:50 am
View Likes
Morrigan says...

While driving a red convertible around the hallways of the mall in my basement, I saved my sister from reading Satanic greeting cards, I wanted to look at Christmas ornaments, and my friend turned into a fire-breathing doberman pinscher.
"So many poems growing outta them they're practically a poet-tree"
Gringoamericano

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:10 am
View Likes
Que says...

I was at a family dinner, refused to change from PJs into a dress, then suddenly we were on a boat tour and flying over cornfields before a train could come and run us over.
Parlez-vous français?

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:11 am
View Likes
Mea says...

I started at a Japanese school (where no one was actually Japanese and everyone spoke English) on their last day of term, no one acknowledged that I existed, I had a really weird gym class, and then I had no idea where to get off of the bus and in the end I realized I was never supposed to be there in the first place.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:19 pm
View Likes
RippleGylf says...

I went to a relatively nearby amusement park, except the center of the park turned into a large corn field, and safety precautions were suddenly not a thing.
"Eternity, I hear you calling, but you will not have me yet."

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:44 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

I was at the wedding reception of two people I went to college with (they actually got married this weekend, and in the dream I used this old inside joke between me and the guy and I was super nice to the girl and wished her the best (even though I don't like her that much).
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:41 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

A rip-off of Animorphs featuring a mad scientist convinced the entire human population is doomed and infertile (I did not make this up, he said so himself), and is apparently really bad at finding escaped subjects, even when he's walking right by the clothing store they're in.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:30 pm
View Likes
Astronomer says...

A school event in which a marathon turned into the maze runner/portal crossover in which we had to run from thieves and monsters in an abandoned Mexican rainforest.

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:04 pm
View Likes
Dracula says...

Dan and Phil as young children come to my birthday sleepover; they are both complete rascals.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:40 pm
View Likes
SacredPen says...

A bat woman kept giving me the most back-crushingly powerful hugs in the world while forcing me to watch kittens fall into a non-operational blender on TV.
"Why do I need money to live? Can't I just, like, photosynthesize or something?"

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:24 am
View Likes
vincentvinniealonso says...

Joey and I climbed through the vast, saliva glazed throat of the young Nazi boy, hoping that the colossal flamingos would not find us in his stomach.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:11 am
View Likes
DragonWriter22 says...

My school was hosting a competition in which you had to get through a super long, dangerous (Small holes would periodically open in the floor and release burning steam) labyrinth and it would take several days, but all you had for food to bring with you were lasagna squares, crackers, and orange juice boxes.
No. For the last time, I don't write on dragons!

I am the Night Rider! Wait, I mean the Night Writer! Ah, no. Well, I do write at night, but... I am the Knight Writer of the Green Room! There we go. :D

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:05 pm
View Likes
rainforest says...

I was at a mall and I saw this kiosk where you could sign up to be on a tumbling team and the person at the kiosk was an older Asian woman, and I was handed a piece of paper and the first question asked if I had had tumbling or gymnastics experience in the past, of course I checked off no and then she started freaking out and yelling "no" that I couldn't do tumbling, but she did let me try on a leotard, the one she was wearing, in fact.
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:19 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

While trapped in a base encircled by poisonous water (that would be the Zoness Sea Base from Starfox Assault, a place I spent a lot of time in), I accompanied a comrade to a virtual world in which lied what was apparently our only hope of shutting down the computer virus that was trapping us, though my fictional friend ended up going alone while instructing me to call the Justice League in hopes that they would save us all if he failed, resulting in an epic battle between said Justice League and Darkseid - a villain who apparently owned the base to begin with - while my comrade completed his infiltration mission and we normal people tried to stay alive and not fall off the numerous bridges that led to the poisonous waters below.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:03 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Set in an 8-story office building, some lady holding the head of a shark (or whatever the hell it was; it could even be a freaking catfish, which it sort of looked like) is apparently talking to her bitter and ignorant boss while the body of the shark somehow regrew and the whole thing started wickedly preparing to strike the neck of the boss - who was so stupid he didn't even notice, but just kept whining in tune to the lady's conversation - leading me to quickly find some spot that was apparently an instantly working elevator (like, a puzzle piece stuck to the ground, and if I gave it a thumbs up, I would appear in the next floor a few seconds later), which led me to the top floor of the building; there, a few people were apparently eagerly watching to see if people would jump off and comitt suicide - with freaking binoculars, might I add - and then one of them says "oh, I'm not worried about that, I'm worried about that," and points to a freaking tiger by a river outside; then some freaky dude with a mask morphs into a monster that I just realized looks like the ones in Fire Emblem: Fates, and his army of monsters decides to attach the freaking building; I jump off 8 stories so I can die before they attack me (I do this a lot); I wake up in my room and frantically turn on my lamp and a few other things, and fling open my closet because I'm afraid there's monsters (my dream logic sucks, I will admit, but it turns out to be right half the time); and it turns out that was a freaking dream too.

Meanwhile, my brother dreams he's injured by something, and he's heading to the sink to wash off the blood from wherever it is that's he hurt, and I push him out of the way to wash my pencil (I do not actually do this, for really obvious reasons). When he told me that, I spent the next couple of minutes silently laughing in my room, so he didn't notice. :P

P.S.: At ten in the night, I went through my first power outage. Ever. My radio died, and so did the lamp. It was completely dark, and I couldn't see a thing. I panicked, went to my brother's room, shoved him until he woke up (although I think he already was?), and opened a window. There wasn't a light outside. I'm still a little bothered by that, although the power came on shortly afterwards, even if my radio reset (and I hate having to turn off an alarm, lower the volume, and find my channels all over again).
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.
— Leslie Knope