Young Writers Society

YWS' Presidential Endorsement

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:58 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Many of us, whether American or not, whether old enough to vote or not, have been keeping up with this year's election. It's a pretty heated one, one that has destroyed many families, turned best friends into enemies, and have made unlikely people become allies in order to support their political party. This election is something that started in the Serious Discussion and Debate forum and has since bled onto every part of the site, including other forums, statuses, and even the chat room.

It's also bled into the staff forums. We typically do not get into these kinds of discussions - they bring out the ugly in us all - but something that happened recently made us all rethink our political stances. Pat Buchanan, former senior adviser to past presidents of the United States, has run for election three times in the past and, unfortunately, did not win. While most would get discouraged and quit, Pat did not. He recently announced that, while late into the game, he is running for president.

Will he win? Who knows. What we do know is that YWS, while a site centered for those under 18, does have a large percentage of American citizens over 18. And this is where the purpose of this announcement comes in.

YWS is officially endorsing Pat Buchanan in the 2016 presidential election. Unfortunately, due to financial constrictions on Nate's part, we are unable to donate any money to Pat's campaign. Which is why we encourage each and every one of you to donate to his campaign. If you cannot financially afford it, then please, get involved with your local community. Spread the word. Wave a banner, wear a t-shirt, stick a 'Pat Buchanan for President' sign in your front lawn, attend his primaries and caucuses and rallies and continue to speak up. Even if you aren't American, you can help out. We need all the help we can get to make this man the future President of the United States.

It might be discouraging to see how late to the game this is. You might feel like we have no shot of helping Pat win. But don't think that. There's still a chance. With your help, we can do this.

If you can, please consider donating to Pat Buchanan's presidential campaign. If you can't financially afford it, then please visit his campaign website and see how else you can help out.

And remember, most of all, to vote for Pat Buchanan. Because Pat Buchanan is always the right answer to any question.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:03 am
Rook says...

I'm finally old enough to vote, and for who... fondled rump Ronald Dump wanda frump Tronold Lump Trump or clinton?!? No thanks! I for one fully support Buchanan's bid for presidency. It's about time.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:22 am
Prokaryote says...

Pat Buchanan endorses Trump. He is beside himself with glee at the Trump phenomenon.

I'll take this as Nate finally hopping aboard the Trump Express, AKA Meme Machine 2016.

Break out the kazoos.

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:23 am
Dreamy says...

I think I know what this is. #PatForPresident :wink:
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind