z

Young Writers Society

Looking for a Lyricist

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:22 am
nadair says...

Hi Guys!

So I'm looking for a lyricist (unpaid, or course) to help me out with a musical that I"m going to be writing over the next couple of months. I do intend on it being full length and to have numerous songs, which we will write. I have quite a few concepts in mind but I would like to go over them with you first so that you feel as invested as me!

As lyricist, you would be just as much of an author of the musical as me (the librettist) and would receive equal credit on the script. We would communicate through email and text messages and it would of course be a labor of love. IF by chance it were to ever get noticed or win a contest or something, I would OF COURSE split the royalties/winnings 50/50 with you.

Feel free to message me if this excites you!
"Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words."
Robert Frost

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:37 pm
Carlito says...

Hey!

I love to write lyrics and I miiight be interested but I have a few questions. What is the musical about? What genre of songs are we talking? (like is this a rock musical, more of an opera style, jazzy, etc.). Would this lyricist also need to write the music to accompany the lyrics? What do you intend to do with the musical once it's complete? (like are you going to try to preform it somewhere, publish it, etc.).

That's all for now :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

I would be a terrible novel protagonist.
— mellifera