z

Young Writers Society

How was your writing in February 2016?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:24 pm
Nate says...

Be it a new recipe for chocolate chip cookies or a masterpiece the sages will still be talking about a thousand years hence, what were your writing accomplishments in February 2016?

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:03 pm
View Likes
steampowered says...

I wrote a short story in a genre I'd never written before (spiritual fiction; usually I only ever write speculative fiction) and started thinking about a new story idea.

I also added four more chapters to a story I'm writing on Wattpad. :D
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:17 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I mostly had fun with reviews, though I found a new writing trick that helps me actually write: I tell myself I'm going to write until 2:30 (it's 1:12 now) and stop when I get to 2:30. I would keep going past the set time but when I've been too enthusiastic in the past it's killed long-term goal makers- if that makes sense. My point is I don't say "I'm going to write for an hour" because somehow that doesn't get me doing it for whatever reason. The "I'm going to write 'til 2:30" almost feels like WordWaring to me and helps somehow. I edited a my first couple chapters this way in February. (sorry for all the ramble)
100% autistic

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:24 pm
View Likes
Storygirl95 says...

I got on the spotlight! All of you lovely people helped me with that, of course.
I found new characters in February, my little family group. I've never written a family before, not one this intact at least, so it was both challenging and fun at the same time. :)
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:05 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

I find it kind of funny that though I mostly write poetry, the first work of mine that made the monthly Literary Spotlight was a short story that didn't even win its tournament duel.

I also had the very interesting experience of cowriting with @ellmist (who is fantastic and an amazing writer but of course we were exactly 12 hours apart which made it challenging).

I feel like every time you ask this question, I'm just going to end up promoting the Writer's Tournament club clubs/2134/wall since it's basically the main reason I write these days. :P
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:12 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

Oh. My. God. Writing was HUGE for me this month. I've written over 12000 words, for storybooks, for Creative Writing, and then this MASSIVE script with @CuriosityCat that's like 8000 words long right now. And it's just dialogue. When we actually add details and stuff like that, it'll be even MORE massive. The thought actually scares me just a bit. Biggest writing project to date! And it's only halfway done! Maybe even a third of the way! I'm really SCARING MYSELF A LOT right now!
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:19 pm
WritingWolf says...

I didn't really do much over February. I wrote a story for The Writer Tournaments, two short poems, I started a short story (need to finish that lol), and I just came up with another idea. I'm not sure if the new one is a short story, a novella, or a novel. At this stage in it's development I could see it at pretty much any length.
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:57 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

*panicked laughter*

Writing? What writing?
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:50 am
View Likes
jumpingsheep says...

I hit 27000 words on a novel project I'm working on! And I'm still pushing through to my goal of 60000! Woohoo!
hello there

if ya mention chickens, i have to show up, that is the law.
— alliyah