z

Young Writers Society

What is writing to you?

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:46 pm
WritingWolf says...

Earlier today I was thinking about my hobbies, particularly music and writing. This one question popped into my head and I haven't been able to get it out. What would I do if I didn't play music? I just really don't know. I've been playing the piano since I was seven, so it has pretty much always been a part of my life. I really can't fathom not playing music.

That's how I want to feel about writing. It isn't just yet, but it's what I want one day.

Naturally my wonderings next went to to what is writing to me. I think it qualifies as several things...
- A creative outlet for my thoughts.
- Some me time. (I'm very much so an introvert)
- A way that I can clearly communicate with others.
- Something fun to occupy my free time and to distract me from boring yet important things I should be doing. (lol)
- Something to be passionate about.

There isn't anything wrong with writing being one of those things for me. Its just, I love it. I would really like to get to the point that I can't imagine not doing it.

So, what is writing to you? More importantly, are you happy with it? Do you wish it meant more/less to you?
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:54 pm
Iamawriter says...

Writing for me is a coping method. I have depression so it helps me feel better when I can write. I have thought about self harm many times but I turn to writing and music instead.
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Isaiah 41:10 KJV

“I'd much rather be someone's shot of whiskey than everyone's cup of tea.”
— Carrie Bradshaw