z

Young Writers Society

What is writing to you?

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:46 pm
WritingWolf says...

Earlier today I was thinking about my hobbies, particularly music and writing. This one question popped into my head and I haven't been able to get it out. What would I do if I didn't play music? I just really don't know. I've been playing the piano since I was seven, so it has pretty much always been a part of my life. I really can't fathom not playing music.

That's how I want to feel about writing. It isn't just yet, but it's what I want one day.

Naturally my wonderings next went to to what is writing to me. I think it qualifies as several things...
- A creative outlet for my thoughts.
- Some me time. (I'm very much so an introvert)
- A way that I can clearly communicate with others.
- Something fun to occupy my free time and to distract me from boring yet important things I should be doing. (lol)
- Something to be passionate about.

There isn't anything wrong with writing being one of those things for me. Its just, I love it. I would really like to get to the point that I can't imagine not doing it.

So, what is writing to you? More importantly, are you happy with it? Do you wish it meant more/less to you?
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:54 pm
Iamawriter says...

Writing for me is a coping method. I have depression so it helps me feel better when I can write. I have thought about self harm many times but I turn to writing and music instead.
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Isaiah 41:10 KJV

This is a message to all you out there. You don't have to be the fastest writer. You don't have to write 2000 words in one sitting. But if you put your mind to it and really love your project, you can and will get further along than you ever thought possible.
— FireEyes