Young Writers Society

Compliment the User Above You!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:38 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Pretty self-explanatory, right? Spread some love and receive some in return! Feel free to go with a general compliment or write up a novel to make the person cry, it doesn't matter! :D

There's just one caveat: be serious and be sincere. Don't be mean. Don't be entirely sarcastic. Don't be passive aggressive. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. Being silly is fine, but don't just be silly -- this is meant to be a thread full of love and light and positive energy. If you wanna solely joke around, please don't do so in this thread. Thanks :)

Well, whatcha waiting for? Someone post so I can compliment you back because it only feels right since I have no one to compliment at this moment. xD
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:41 am
View Likes
DrFeelGood says...

Iggy is an honest reviewer. What she writes is what she really means. Her honesty helps you develop as a writer! At least for me it worked very well :)

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:43 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

Iggy: I have never disliked a single one of the avatars you've chosen, and this new girl is no different. Is the movie good?

DrFeelGood: Congratulations on coming back after a 3 month hiatus. You're an inspiration to all the others who have put their pens down for a bit. :)
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:22 am
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

HANNAH <3

You're the sweetest person everrr and the best moderator and the coolest gal and the most supportive person alive and just...
plzcomebackandstayhereforeverbecauseweloveyou <3
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:40 am
View Likes
Monsters says...

I think it's just the user above? O'well though

@Iggy

Iggster: your poetry has some of the most original and awesome lines I've seen. You are very friendly and charismatic. It's strange that you can do both because most can't. You see the positive in life, an example you show here which is why people gravitate towards you.

@DrFeelGood

mad respect brah. Why? We look up to the same person; Einstein. I could actually see you in the same jung's typology (intP) as Einstein judging from your reviews. I've always aspired to be an intP but I'm always ending up to being too judgmental to fit. You take the time to be a clear writer and your reviews take there time focusing on the most critical parts that need to be fixed. You demonstrate clarity in a similar way to Einstien as well, with a similar writing style. Even when most people write well, it comes off chaotically (like me, right now) but you take the time to search for a higher clarity.

@Hannah

You have helped me keep perspective. Many times have you come by to review my works and helped me realize that they were really just random and lacked focus. Were the purpose lacked clarity ect. I too try to aspire to this because it is the of the best quality critiques. The ones that don't rely on simple and trivial errors but try to shake the work until it doesn't really have a clear purpose. Your reviews shape me as a writer. They have made me better. You lift the curtain and allow us to see our selfs in the flesh. Inspiring.

@TimmyJake

You are very talented at saying what you need to say in a way that allows writers not to get defensive. I'm terrible at this and will most likely be taking notes on your reviews. You do this well because you are kind and find the best out of people and works.

I need a little more of the qualities that all of you have. Good job!

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:56 pm
View Likes
Willard says...

@Monsters I admire you from afar. You are one of the only members that makes me excited when they post a review, mostly on others works. Your reviews are blunt and honest in a great way, you know what you're talking about, and you have a deep understanding of poetry. The fact that you don't sugarcoat things and still keep at it when others respond negatively is wonderful. I'm probably terrible at this, but you're a great member on here.

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:00 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

Oh @Stranger, Stranger Stranger.

We see each other once in a while in the chat room. You’re always polite & say ‘Hi Olive! How are you?” You’re usually in the midst of some bizarre conversation/debate which never fails to make me smile.

You’re a familiar face that I’m always happy to see around.

One of my favourite Stranger quotes that I stumbled across;

I'm not a fan of fantasy so you're probably not going to be a fan of me but I do hope that you stay here and enjoy your time.

Always stay funny. Please.

Olive <3
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:47 pm
View Likes
BornLoser says...

@OliveDreams: umm... *shuffles feet* I like your... umm... olives *blushes* they are... very cute... I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY CUZ I DON'T KNOW YOU *flees from battle* Have a good daaaaaaaaaay....!
"... And we were born to lose" - My Chemical Romance

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:48 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

@BornLoser should change her name to "BornWinner," because that's what she really is! Have an awesome day. :)

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:29 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

@AllisontheWriter... Gosh, you're one of my best friends on here. You're always so nice to everyone, plus you're one of my people. Y'know. Star Wars. You comment on my wall or reply to some post of mine and it never fails to make me laugh. I remember that one time where you apparently had a dream about my and my blue-green sweater and how it was evil. You have no clue how much that made me laugh. XD

I read through your 'Rise of the Legion' posts, and I wonder how you can churn out that much quality writing in that amount of time. You're an amazing person, Allison, and you should never doubt that. <3
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:55 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@Reneia you and I appear to share at least two fandoms (Star Wars and Percy Jackson) which makes you a comrade in my book :D we have a nice subplot going in the Rise of the Legion, and I'm glad we were able to plan so efficiently together! You seem like a great person, and run the PJ club with amazing efficiency, and you're kind to everyone. I hope to get to know you as well as our Rise of the Legion characters do :D

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:34 pm
View Likes
Lavvie says...

@LordZeus: you seem to be extraordinarily dedicated to what you're passionate about, as proven by how committed you are to your fandoms. There's also nothing better than sharing that passion and spreading it around. Good writing always stems from commitment and love and I can see that you have that in there. Also, you have a great imagination!

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:41 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

@Lavvie, we have become really close friends. I admire your Audrey Hepburn-ess and your beautiful nostalgia project, Saturn. (I promise to catch up with the next one soon.) Your reviews are superb, Quibbles is always very informative to read, and I love to read your reviews and of course like all of them if at all possible. Also #lavvielogic is quite amusing from your wall posts, you basically never fail to brighten my day. You have helped me with my history homework, chatted with me countless times, and I know that YWS wouldn't be the same without you, Lovely Lavvie <3
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:57 pm
View Likes
WritingWolf says...

@Pretzelstick

I don't really know you very well, but I see you around YWS all the time. You're one of the warmest, friendliest people I've met on YWS (and if you have like any social life on YWS you'll know that this site is full of friendly people).
Thanks for being so awesome. :)

I feel like this post doesn't sound very sincere, but I really do mean it. I just can't think of any other way of wording it to make it sound more real. (and I call myself a writer lol)
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:55 pm
View Likes
selena1227 says...

@WritingWolf, I don't know you, but you seem like a really nice and really awesome person, and I hope to see you around YWS sometime! :)

"My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together."
— Bishop Desmond Tutu