Young Writers Society

Ask The Mods

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:02 pm
Rosendorn says...

@Reneia Which one? :P
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:38 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

So, who cleans up Mod HQ? :P
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:41 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

I pride myself with being pretty good with the duster...
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:46 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

Eh, most of the time, it's the new mold, don'tcha know. Initiation to their cleaning duties and all that.

*kicks feet up on @Lightsong's back* :P

But don't worry, it cycles out every once in a while. Can't overwork 'em, you know.
stay off the faerie paths

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:06 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

@Steggy's
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:12 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@AdrianMoon I can't say for sure about the other crews, but as the initiation process, new SB moldies are assigned with all the cleaning tasks! Like scrubbing the deck, cleaning the parrot cages (those are despicable let me tell you), testing the plank to make sure it doesn't break (those dramatic scenes in all the pirate movies would go to waste if the plank broke!) among others!

Once a new SB mod comes in, you get demoted promoted to serving the amazing @Rydia! She loves cookies
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

1272 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:26 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

New mods have to clean up the clutter from the last round of gladiatorial battles in general. Crew-wise, Resources mods have to organize the knives and potions (don't want poisons to get mixed in where they don't belong) and find a place for their new equipment.

And shovel the snow. I am a Canadian there will never not be snow.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:42 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

Not sure if it's changed since I was a Mod, but the GMs and above used to ruthlessly beat the JMs until they were begging for mercy on the cold, hard ground.

It was a such a cute bonding experience <3
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:49 pm
Pretzelstick says...

I have a question: How is voting for something counted in the modsquad polls? Is it according to numbers or to ranks or...???
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:53 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

@Pretzelstick --> Votes are tallied in a very unique system that @Griffinkeeper gave us many years back.

Basically, we set up a massive game of Call of Duty, and the person who shoots the most mods in the head gets his or her way.

We call this The Head Count.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:01 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Boy, am I glad I no longer have potion duty. Someone *cough cough* @Birkhoff is TERRIBLE at labeling.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:05 pm
View Likes
birk says...

@LadySpark, there's TOO MANY labels!

I feel obligated to reveal that we all pretty much bestowed the nickname 'The Happy Camper' to @Lumi during our Call of Duty rounds.
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:05 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

LadySpark wrote:Boy, am I glad I no longer have potion duty. Someone *cough cough* @Birkhoff is TERRIBLE at labeling.

I love how "cough" and "Birkhoff" rhyme. XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:09 pm
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

Lumi wrote:@Pretzelstick --> Votes are tallied in a very unique system that @Griffinkeeper gave us many years back.

Basically, we set up a massive game of Call of Duty, and the person who shoots the most mods in the head gets his or her way.

We call this The Head Count.

Fun fact: Lumi's selection was the bloodiest nomination of all time. The process was still very new and many of the moderators hadn't even figured out how their weapons worked. So when the match started, they just started shooting everything that moved. The result was that @Lumi was approved after the pro-Lumi team won against the anti-Lumi team -347 to -1263.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

1272 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:34 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

(@Pretzelstick - If you want a serious answer, all voting done in the staff forums are by number, with rank basically not taken into account at all)

@Birkhoff at least you don't give the potions tutus like @LadySpark did. The goal of the vials is that they can slip into pockets, not catch on everything and take up more shelf space.

Although, at least she appreciated the dozen shades of pink.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, you eat for a day. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.
— Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)