z

Young Writers Society

YWLJ Sales

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:16 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

If you haven't yet picked up your copy of the Young Writers Literary Journal... why not!?

Click here to buy it on Amazon

Anyways, I recently received the first sales data for the print edition. The data only includes November as it's delayed by a month, and it shows that 30 copies of the Journal were sold then. Another print copy was sold through Lulu in mid-December, and 11 e-books have sold as well. That means a total of at least 42 copies have sold.* But since the December sales data is not yet available (and won't be until February 9), it's likely that more than 42 have sold so far.

I also went back and checked the data for Journal sales in the past. The 2011 edition sold 154 copies, but each copy sold for $0.99 so it's not a good comparison. The 2010 edition sold 16 copies (yes, 16...). The 2008 edition, though, sold a lot better than what I remembered. It looks like a couple copies of it sell every now and then (indeed, one copy was included in the November sales data), and it's sold 93 copies.

Thus at 42, the 2015 YWLJ has already more than surpassed the 2010 edition. It's also selling faster than the 2008 edition, which took 4 months to get there. It's not selling as fast as the 2011 edition, but again that sold for $0.99 per copy.

The December sales report will be available on February 9, and I expect it to include at least a few more copies. Anecdotally, I know at least a few people received a copy as a Christmas present. Plus, the mass e-mail didn't go until December either.

Crossing my fingers that we can get to at least 100 copies, so if you haven't bought one yet, now's the time!

* Data for e-book sales and print copies sold directly through Lulu are updated every day.

What's stopping you?
— David Mamet