z

Young Writers Society

Finished my First Novel

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:20 am
EmmVeePi says...

Well, I have no doubt written millions of words in my life including several poems, countless short stories, some essays and articles and have started a handful of novels(and even gotten quite a ways on a few) but have never before completed a novel... Until today that is. I completed my first novel. It is a mythopoeic/fantasy novel. 41k+ words in length.

I must qualify this by saying that as I go forward with the sequel they may end up being parts 1 and 2 of the same book but for the time being I am planning on two separate works.

So just bragging a little I suppose, it feels very good and I dont know that I have ever had the wealth of artistic energy I am feeling right now.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:16 am
Mea says...

Congratulations! That's a really big accomplishment! When you say "finished," do you mean all your revisions, or are you planning future drafts?

Regardless, congratulations, and good luck with your sequel!
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

44 Reviews

Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:34 am
EmmVeePi says...

Oh no, it is only the very first draft, but it still feels good even if more work is before me than behind me, at least I have the framework.

325 Reviews

Reviews: 325
Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:37 pm
tigeraye says...

Nice work!!!
dot

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:35 am
EternalRain says...

Wow! Great job! :D That's such a great accomplishment!
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

44 Reviews

44 Reviews

Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:44 am
View Likes
EmmVeePi says...

Well if anyone cares I have an update.
I have just a few minutes ago completed part two of The Children of Dread, I dont have a name for part two yet, maybe "The Aura of Winter"?
It is much larger than part one at 128.5k words(or over three times the length of part one).
It took me 50 weeks to complete. I dont know what everyone else's writing pace is but I feel pretty good about that.
Now on to Part 3 I guess...

I like anchovies~ but nobody calls me that.
— alliyah