z

Young Writers Society

Young writers are the need of the hour!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:50 pm
sruswat says...

Happy new year friends!
I am opening a website for young amateur writers. The sections in the website will be-
1. Literature( Stories and poems are included)
2. Sports
3. Politics
4. Society
5. News (to be started
6. Interviews later)
The articles should be of more than 500 words and less than 700 words.
The vision behind this are-
1. Giving young writers platform to write and get exposure. Even when I started writing I was nervous and publishing articles gave a lot of confidence.
2. To earn revenue via traffic to support the education of girl children. In India, still there is gender inequality, so I feel this need to be eradicated.
So, all writers are welcomed to join us.
As the website is not started you can prefer me to contact in this website. Later we will be having a group for it.
Thank you.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:14 am
EmmVeePi says...

So how is it your different than YWS?

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:09 am
TimmyJake says...

I don't know how anything could be any better than YWS, to be honest, but if you supply a link, I'll take a look and see.

Also, a piece of advice? If you make the limit 700 words, it'll put quite the limit on writers who post novel chapters. It'd make it virtually impossible for many of us, as we'd have to post them in several sections... and also, that'd make it harder on the reviewer. Just thought I'd throw that out there~

Good luck! :)
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:22 am
nykolasandrews says...

I'd like to look at it, as well, but I agree with TimmyJake. Another thing, what about poetry? Most poems are not 500 words, and with the 700 words, a lot of short stories are longer than that.
"What might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey." -Lemony Snicket

"But I must admit I miss you quite terribly. The world is too quiet without you nearby." -Lemony Snicket

-Nyk

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:00 am
Dracula says...

From what I've read, this website sounds like a news sort of thing, rather than a writing site. Young writers submit their articles on hot topics, and the public can read them. No reviewing or poetry, or stuff like that.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

325 Reviews

Reviews: 325
Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:43 am
tigeraye says...

I don't think there will ever be enough outlets for being able to share writing, since every outlet has different minds that see the same piece from a different angle.. That said, while original ideas are always wonderful in the way of offering something that another website can't offer...but more importantly, follow your heart and stick to it to the dedication that it will work out in the end...that goes for anything, not just creating a website
dot

The poetry of the earth is never dead.
— John Keats