z

Young Writers Society

Doctor Who V Sherlock

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:32 am
Leekeer says...

Alright guys
if you would be one doctor out of all 13 of the time lords who would you be !
OK while your seeing this which one is better Sherlock or doctor who
I had this when I was an angst filled teenager who kind of liked storytelling. I still the feel the same except for the angst

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:35 am
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

@Leekeer, for me, the Tenth doctor will always remain one of my favourites. Mostly because I could relate more to him than the others (and it has nothing to do with the fact that I cosplay as him :P )

As for who's better, I'm going to have to go with... Merlin!! (he's also from BBC, well technically his series, but meh...) I just love the Merlin series, so...

1-Merlin
2-Dr. Who
3- Sherlock
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:39 am
Leekeer says...

I kno i loved merlin and i wish they make some kind of comeback to the small screen because sherlock and dr who have both been so successful and merlin is being forgotten when thats not fair!
I had this when I was an angst filled teenager who kind of liked storytelling. I still the feel the same except for the angst

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:46 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Sherlock. Always.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:48 am
View Likes
Mea says...

My favorite will always be 11, so I guess I'll say him. xD

As for whether Doctor Who or Sherlock is better...I don't think you can really say that one is objectively better. They're such different beasts and in completely different genres. Doctor Who is such a large, sprawling show (especially when including the classic series), with a premise of literally all of time and space, and an endlessly revolving door of actors, writers, and producers. You can't really make one overall assessment of its quality, especially in comparison to Sherlock, which feels much tighter and smaller.

However, I will say this - in my mind, Doctor Who has always been a very inspirational show, with basically decent, moral protagonists and a recurring theme that everyone matters. On the contrary, Sherlock is much more gritty and edgy. And although I love both shows, given any two pieces of media, I generally prefer to watch the less edgy one.

Also, I love how big Doctor Who is. The idea that one idea can go on for 50+ years, with all sorts of actors in all sorts of mediums, and have such a huge impact on a culture, is really awesome and inspiring to me. Sherlock is awesome too, but its scope just isn't quite so large.

So yeah, I guess my personal preference is Doctor Who. But I really don't think you can say that one is objectively "better."
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:41 pm
deleted21 says...

I think it's Sherlock. c: To be entirely honest, I really want to be like him! ;-;

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:49 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

Sherlock, definitely.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

"The adventures I enjoy are usually of a literary nature."
— Henry Winchester