z

Young Writers Society

New Year's Resolutions 2016!

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:27 pm
rainforest says...

What are some of your 2016 New Year's Resolutions?
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:29 pm
View Likes
Leekeer says...

Hello My new years resolution is to be noticed and have an awesome book that people love and cherish
I had this when I was an angst filled teenager who kind of liked storytelling. I still the feel the same except for the angst

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:46 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

None. I don't really feel like New Year's Resolutions really work on me at all, because I get easily distracted and I don't really start the things that I finish. The fresh start effect somehow lasts maybe two days at most. <,<

I definitively have the goal to get past this stupid writing block and write every single day of next year, and to write it for myself, (even if it's just a paragraph.) Just generally to really be consistent with my writing, so that this time next year, I will look back and be glad at what I had accomplished.-writing-wise
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:25 pm
Willard says...

@Pretzelstick
Don't blame New Years Resolutions, blame your lack of motivation.

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:20 am
rainforest says...

I do have some New Year's Resolutions.

Stay off of drinking soda - I did it this year and it was my New Years Resolution this year and I was great without it.

Get into better shape and run more - Considering that I'm in track and cross country, and track is coming around in Spring, I would love to be one of the fastest people. And then when cross country rolls around in the Fall, my goal is to get on Varsity.

Stay on Honor Roll - I was in Honor Roll for first quarter, and I believe second quarter too. It would be nice to be on Honor Roll on third and fourth quarter.
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:28 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

-creating and maintaining a writing schedule-
I suck when it comes to writing constantly. I could write really well and fast for a week and then not write at all for another.

-finishing my novel-
got to get it done!

-finding a new best friend-
moved to a new school a year ago and I didn't make any effort to make friends.

-letting go off the past-
oh boy...

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:08 am
Sevro says...

Lately, I have been having lots of ideas for poems. If you know me at all, you know that I usually am uncomfortable with poetry, and have only written one non-mandatory poem in my whole life. In 2016, I hope to pounce on those balls of yarn, and unwind them until I can see their true colors.

Also, I should make more YWS friends.
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

All we can do is our best, and hope that it was enough.
— CandyWizard