Young Writers Society

The YWS 2015 Yearbook!

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:23 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

Well…just where do I begin? XD

To put it simply, I am amazed at how far I have gone in the space of a year. Wait…a year? Has it really been that long? Well…at the very beginning of 2015 (I joined on January 13th), I didn’t even know the YWS existed, much less what it was or who was in it. However, now that I’m writing this, I can’t help but see that that same year, my very first year on this site and among all these amazing people, is almost over. So yes, it has to have been a year; there’s no doubt about it.

But I suppose I’m straying from the point. What I mean to say is the fact that, honestly, the person that I used to be just a year ago would never be able to recognize me now, and I’ve changed and progressed for the better. After all, during that time, I’ve gone from an overtly optimistic and joyous child, albeit naïve and misguided, with a passion for writing but an inability to construct a story that wasn’t overloaded with details and otherwise boring, to who I am now. I mean, I’d never even really received criticism before, given that nobody either had the heart or the ability to criticize me, and that left me with an overinflated ego and a boundless passion and faith in my ability to write that was, rather inevitably, bound for the scrapyard. And, even since I’ve joined the site, I’ve done a lot of soul-searching, and I’ve made a lot of changes to myself, how I behave, and especially how I write. Those of you who remember me during my early days saw me progress to somebody darker, more cynical, deeper in thought, soul, and mind. My ego was decimated, my faith was crushed, and I distrusted my ability to write. Now, that might sound bad, but it wasn’t, and it certainly isn’t now. I learned, thanks to all the people on this site and their helpful criticism, to start focusing upon my writing more and not let my faith in my current writing abilities get in the way of my trying to craft a good story; to cut out the more annoying aspects of my writing style, and make my writing all the more vivid. I learned to distrust myself, which helped me to make my writing all the better and thoughtful, and that has improved my said writing style, and my stories, immensely. I still maintain my optimism now, and I still have a writing style that is highly descriptive – that, I know, is an innate part of my personality, and will never change – but I feel as though, emotionally and mentally, I am a rounder and fuller human being. My optimism, joy, anger, naivety, and strong emotions have been mixed with cynicism, a deeper understanding of the universe, a greater understanding of myself as a person, and an exuberance that never seems to go away. I am more balanced, neutral, and calmer, not so easily swayed by my emotions, and harder to make angry. And this satisfies me, as it makes me all the more efficient, capable, powerful, and ever more eager to run forward and accomplish my goals and make something out of my life. I must thank all of you for that.

As I said, I have changed, and I have grown. I have taken on and beaten back some of my greatest fears, worries, and demons, and have built myself a wonderful reputation on this site. Somehow, I’m now a moderator, with a million wonderful friends and a passion for writing that has grown ever stronger, and, when I look back at all that fun times that I’ve had with you all, and all the ways that I have grown, I feel proud and joyous. I have grown up so much with respect to the person that I was the previous year, and I hope to change just as much in the future year. Yes, many of you helped me along the way, guiding me during my troubles, making me laugh when I was sad, giving me the confidence, exuberance, and the critiquing skills to craft some of my greatest triumphs – the poems that stories that I still admire now – and I wouldn’t be nearly anything like who I am right now if it wasn’t for the way you helped me set off on my journey of the mind and soul and guide me down the path that has led me to the person I am now. So yes, I thank all of you. All of the people on this wonderful site, from some of the newest members around and all the way to the oldest member, the creator, Nate.

However, I feel as though there are some of you that deserve special recognition:

@Robusto: I think it would be most appropriate for me to list you first. After all, the first Storybook that I ever joined was yours, and it probably was among the greatest factors that led from my transition from how I used to be to how I am now. It was one of the first times I ever cooperated with other people, and the advice that you, and the rest of my fellow SBers, gave me was instrumental to my changing of my writing style and my learning to focus more upon the quality of my writing for the better. I learned from that SB how to better write and detail a story, how to write a decent cast of characters in words, and the joys of interacting with others and coming up with story ideas. Too, it was fun talking to you and the other members of the SB, and the kinds of crazy and fun conversations that our group has had is something I will never forget. Furthermore, your ability to craft such complex plots and characters has inspired me to create stories with a greater depth and background, and your criticism has improved me in boundless ways. Overall, I’ve enjoyed all of the time that I’ve spent on that SB – and it’s three DTs – over the course of this year, and I look forward to having even more of a fun time there in the future. Therefore, I thank you, and all of my fellow SBers in that SB - @15253, @Verser (now @Poopsie, of all names. XD), @Tortwag, @AstralHunter, @Buggiedude2340, and @Charizard821.

@Blaspherica (King Tues, Queen Blassie, WaterCheetah, Tuesday, BlasphericaWednesday, CapitalMonday, WaffleQueen, meanie. :P, etc.): You are an amazing person, you know that? I love all the conversations that we used to have, the funny nickname that you gave me (which is especially ironic, as my sunglasses are from a brand called Peppers. XD), and how you never fail to be an energetic, hilarious, and comedic person. It’s been a lot of fun talking to you, even if we don’t do it as much as we used to anymore, and I love your stories. You’re one heck of a writer, a fantastic person, and I hope you have a great time in the future. Keep rolling, Blas. :D

@Stranger (Strange, Will, Dr. Strangelove, etc.): Will, you’ve been a tremendous inspiration to me. I find your sense of humor very amusing, and it’s always fun to talk to you. Your poems are amazing, and they’ve inspired me to write some of my favorite and most excellent poems, as well as step into the realm of poetry and learn to appreciate it (especially after I wrote Dirty Knees, Cloudy Skies for your hilarious prank. XD). Thanks to you, I began to write my first satire poems, learn to compose poems with deep and extended metaphors, and learn to take my time with writing my poems and make sure that each is excellent. You are a fantastic humorist, an amazing person, and somebody I relate to on so many levels, and I look forward to collaborating with you in the future.

@Atsmai (Ats, Nix): Look, I know that you might still have some form of anger at yourself because of what I said to you, but I just want to you know that I don’t hate you. I don’t disrespect you. You are a hilarious, funny, and wonderful person, and it is not as though I despise you or find anything that you do to be horrible. You’ve made me laugh on so many occasions, and I can never forget the amusing conversations we’ve had with each other. Your stories are fascinating and fun to read, and I’ve enjoyed conversing with you about our respective lives. You’re a vibrant and colorful, lovable character, and I hope that you and your girlfriend stay together forever – you’re meant for each other, I can tell. May you have a wonderful time in the future, dear friend of mine. :D

@Steggy: Frankly, if you ask me, if there’s anybody that more deserves to be a mod than I, it’s you. You’re so friendly, eager, optimistic, and the conversations I’ve had with you have been a real pleasure. Your reviews are incredibly beneficial, detailed, and well-composed, and I’ve enjoyed reading your Storybook posts and seeing how active you are in and around the site. Your Dinosaur facts never fail to amaze me, too. Overall, you’ve been a wonderful friend, companion, fellow SBer, and a great story writer, and I, once again, find that you’re probably more qualified than I am to be a moderator. I thank you for not only the way that you’ve helped me and been a great friend, but the way that you have touched and helped the lives of so many people on this site. You are stellar. :D

@Hattable: Goodness, I can’t list my favorite YWSers without talking about you, Hatt. You have one of the wackiest, and most comedic, senses of humor I’ve ever seen. Your stories are fantastic, always creative and thoughtful, and many of them never fail to make me laugh. Sure, you did block me from your wall that one time, and I did kick you out of chat at least four times as a joke, but it’s always fun to talk to you and get your insight on things. The gifs you post are hilarious, I love your MS paint drawings, and you never fail to add a bit of flair and comedy to my People feed. Overall, you’re a fantastic person, and I hope that you have a great time in the future.

…Darn, I honestly wish I could tag and talk about everybody. But I don’t think I’d have enough time. XD

However, I’ll see if I can’t name drop as many people as I can who I’ve been good friends with, respect/admire/would like to steal their talents but can’t, or otherwise those who I think are cool people who I haven’t seen in a long time (and would like to see again) or cool people who I haven’t talked to all that much (and would like to).

@Arkhaion (you’re a great person, do a wonderful job as a moderator, and you’re full of knowledge and advice. You’ve helped me countless times, been an exceptional role model and I wish I could repay the favor), @Nate, @Rydia, @MergSword, @CandyWizard, @willachilles, @AlmondEyes, @Pompadour, @Pamplemousse, @Zolen (you’re an amazing artist, having a talent that I could never hope to achieve, and I always enjoy reading your Q&A about a wide variety of topics), @TheClockworkConjurer, @ShadowVyper, @AdrianMoon, @IronSpark, @donizback, @lostthought, @QueenofHearts, @ChocolateCello, @Rubric, @SpiritedWolfe, @Lumi, @Omni, @Sweater, @Autumns, @AlexSushiDog, @captainearth, @fortis, @Kyllorac, @Reneia, @Holysocks, @Pompadour (formerly Pomp, formerly Pompadour. :P), @LittleMissRebelle, @Halfbloodcheetah (as soon as I get an e-mail account, I will not hesitate to start talking with you again; our collaboration projects have been absolutely and thoroughly enjoyable, you are a fun person to talk to and hang out with, and it’s cool how many common interests we share. :D), @Gringoamericano, @hyperview, @Hiraeth (your new name is so hard to spell, darn it. :P), @Savvy, @Elysium, @Blues, @Authorian, @Sunshine1113, @Falconer, @Cleverfox, @Deanie, @Pretzelstick, @Magestorrow, @Chaser, @LadyEvvy, @Deanie, @Iggy, @Birkhoff…

…Who else to tag?

…Well, I can’t come up with any other names at the present, so suppose I’ll end it, and the yearbook post, here. Once again, thank you, everyone in the YWS. You’ve been an unimaginable help, companion, and otherwise an influential force in my progression from a naive prepubescent teen to a slightly less naive teen, to me this past year, and I look forward to an equally exciting, thrilling, and amazing year in 2016. :D
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:35 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

I should probably also reserve a spot... This one looks fine enough! *sets up camp on this spot*
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:50 pm
Lefty says...

*Dives on spot*
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:56 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

I made a return to YWS this year beyond posting the occasional lyric or status update about a novel project, and boy am I glad I did.

I want to thank @Rydia for organizing The Big Review contest this summer, because that really helped me get re-involved in the site. I also met lots of lovely people including: @Arkhaion, @Megrim (come back), @Wolfie36, @SpiritedWolfe, @Pomp, @IronSpark (come back), @Meandbooks, @Pretzelstick, and @hermione315. You guys are cool and I thank you for giving me great things to read and for critiquing my stuff :)

@Meandbooks - Can't say thank you enough for helping me with Captive <3 You're so kind and encouraging and thank you for reading/reviewing/liking my stuff and giving me good things to read this year :) I'd still love to see an ending on World's Apart... :p and I'm very excited to see where Shaping Faith goes next.

@Wolfie36 - You're so cool and encouraging. Thanks for loving Alice and for being eager to read Captive and for liking my lyrics :) You're one of my favorite writers on this website. I'm still blown away that you're young and write so well! Gimme. More. Ordadus. Please :)

@Steggy - those dinosaur facts are awesome. Never stop that :)

@Nate - for all of this and everything you do behind the scenes to make this site so great :)

@Pretzelstick - thanks for the Damage love and all of your lovely reviews! It means a lot :)

@Dreamworx95 - thank you so much for all of your help with Captive. I really, really appreciate it!! :D

Thank you to the many, many people that liked or commented on or reviewed my lyrics this year (too many people to name). I really appreciated the love and support and I'm looking forward to starting my next chapter of lyrics this year :D

@artybirdy @Lightsong @tigeraye @Bexy2556 @BlueAfrica @TriSARAHtops @Magestorrow - Thank you for giving me good things to read and for being all around cool people.

Really, there are so many people I could mention because there are so many lovely and amazing people on this website. This is a really unique place and I'm so glad I discovered it however many years ago, and I'm so glad I came back after my college hiatus.

Here's to another awesome year <3
Last edited by Carlito on Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:18 pm
RagingLive says...

HMM-hmm-hmmn. Nothing going on here, I'm just casually humming . . .
*sidles into yearbook and slams 'RESERVED' sign down on spot*

Okay, I'm going to try this, but honestly I'm really not too great at these things because I always feel like I'm missing something -- but mostly that's because I am. So many people have impacted me this year and while I can't begin to mention all of you, I'm sure that you know who you are and you should also know that you are all amazing! I feel so blessed to be apart of something as cool as YWS.

First of all, 2015 was an awesome year!!! I had my first YWS birthday in October and I'm so happy that a few of my friends that I made last year, such as dear @Amnesia, are still around!
2015 was the year that I attempted my first word war with @cupciacia and @BiscuitsBatchAvoy -- and won it! I haven't won one since so I'm guessing it was either beginner's luck or someone put a hex on me. Hmm, most likely the latter.
2015 was also the year I realized I might be going sane, followed closely by another blow at discovering that I'm actually a potato that writes like Stephan King. I solved the mystery of Humpty Dumpty, got my first tube of blue lip gloss and discovered that having yogurt trickling down the back of my neck is something I never want to have to experience again. Sound crazy? Well, there's a reason for that.

I took a break somewhere in the January/February timeline and when I returned, a few memorable newbies had moved in on me!
First, @Blaspherica kinda just catapulted into my life and I can't say that I would ever replace her! @Hattable also gate-crashed my picturesque YWS party and I was going to say something here, but dear sweet Marty (Blas) already kinda said it and Hatsy Patsy and I have an understanding about it so...yeah. I mean, I named him the Mad Hatter for a reason, right? And it did not have to do with the fact that I watched the Star Trek episode 'Shore Leave' beforehand. While Queen Blas is irreplaceable, bidding is now open on the Hatts.

I sort of pulled my Mystery/Suspense novel Dual Identity near the end of July, but I learned so much from all of you while it was up, so I'd like to thank everyone again for their support and reviews! I really, really wish that I could finish it for you, but I'm just not comfortable putting it all up. I do feel terrible, though, for leaving you where you were at, but I did try to tone down the last cliffhanger.

Speaking of reviews, I loved taking part in NaRevWriMo this past September and I really hope that it happens again! I had always been an okay reviewer I think, but RevMo really helped me become confident in reviewing. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to finish a goal quite like that one since, but I hope to within the new year!

I also had a bit of fun with @r4p17, @SnazzyPencil, and @Kelpies in the Last Person to Post Here Wins [10] forum. They proved to be quite the competition and after I became a mod I almost considered posting something and then locking it just because. Yes, this yearbook post is becoming a confession/psychological write of some sort. Sorry.

Speaking of mod-ship, 2015 was also the year that I was inaugurated among the molds. BOW BEFORE ME, PEASANTS Ahem -- that was pretty cool if I do say so myself. Who even knew how many people would volunteer to be kicked from chat? @Atsmai and @Stranger, you are both on top of the Naughty List for bickering about who should get kicked first.

now for a bit of name dropping

Spoiler! :
@Rydia, I want to thank you again for always being willing to have me throwing whatever questions I have at you. Also, the staff photo was really awesome! Thanks for doing that even though it took a good bit of time.

@steampowered My reviewing buddy and now fellow mod! I love you so much and always have a great time chatting with you! Also, you are good to have around whenever I need someone to talk out my problems/thoughts/ideas with. You're awesome! <33

@artybirdy Another of my reviewing buddies! You were great friendly competition during RevMo and you also had some pretty smashing reviews!

@Falconer, you will always be my little Snapper!! And we haven't talked in forever, so let's remedy that soon please?

@GLaDOS I normally don't fall for fantasy stories, but in reviewing yours I've found that I'm enjoying them -- especially Kevin's and Shoko's! Keep writing so that I have a lot to review when I get back!

@Sagitta, thank you for putting up with my entire nickname giving process! Parakeet will always be my pet name for you (did I just make a pun?) and I hope that I can always be Crackerjack! <333

@Steggy, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO COOL??? No, honestly, you never cease to amaze me with your dino facts and your adorable little avvies! Please we need to talk soon!

@MissGangamash, thanks so much for giving me feedback on my novel. Someday I hope that you can read it again and when you do, I hope I'll hear from you again!

@Wolfie36 -- the best dachshund buddy a girl could ever have! Also, I was going to scold you for not updating Copper Dust lately, but just a few minutes ago I got a notification for it, so yay! No scolding today! (oh, and it even rhymed!) Love ya!

@JinxGrey, you're really cool and I'm so glad to have you to talk to! I know that I can be very annoying and I'll never be able to wear a fedora properly, but still you let me talk your ear off! <333

@Reneia, you're always fun to talk to when I run into you in chat! I still almost put Zhia, again XD!!

@CarsonTheArson I MISS YOU CATIE-DEE PLEASE TALK TO ME SOMETIME!!

@Sunshine1113 for all of the hugs!! <3 <3 <3

@tigeraye I've followed your story for awhile now, and I have seen such improvement, it's really amazing! Keep going strong, I hope that when I get back there's still room for one more reviewer to follow Heartbeat Academy.

@HarleyQuinn thank you so much for letting me tackle you and pester you about Watson. I miss seeing you in chat, but if you see this, hug the old pup for me please!

@Kelpies, just the fact that you like Star Trek: The Original Series alone is enough to make you awesome in my eyes!

@lizzybookclubqueen1 For disproving that I'm a creepazoid, thank you! <3 <3

To wrap it all up, let's go over what I'd like to call your Free RagingLive Lessons From This Year.
First of all, if life gives you lemons, return them to Wal-Mart.
And second, when all else fails, become a mortician.

That's all for this year, dahlings! I love you all so very much and I wish we could all just have a campfire or something and sit around eating s'mores while recounting all of the crazy things that happened in the year of 2015.
After I write this, I'm going to be taking a little break and hopefully nothing quite as catastrophic as what happened last January will repeat, but with YWS you just never can tell.
I can't wait to see what 2016 holds for YWS and all of it's writers and I know that I'm not alone.

Keep writing and keep on smiling, everyone! :D
~RagingLive
'Cause your own story, is the safest place you'll ever be
~Echosmith

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:35 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Oooh, I keep forgetting to do this.

*pulls up a chair*

+++

Alrighty. I went and read my posts from 2014 and 2015, and now I know what I want to write here.

Thanks for helping me become a better writer this year, and a better person... and I'm looking forward to learning more this coming year. <3

That's what I wrote at the end of my post last year, and if I could have foreseen what I would have learnt in 2015, I honestly don't know what my reaction would've been.

One of the things I learnt this year, was that people have multiple sides. I knew this before, but I didn't know how much different the sides can be. For instance, I've had a lot of people both on and off the internet surprise me; one minute I'm not a huge fan of them, the next I find myself willing to trust them if they'd be willing to trust me. And sometimes I really wish I could get everyone to realize that simple fact, that there's multiple sides to everyone, that you can see a person in one light, and never truly see them in their best light, unless you come to the right angle. You'll find some people that you never knew existed, for sure, and you'll have a lot less enemies as a result.

Another thing I learnt this year, is that if you want something, you have to get it. There's no sense waiting around, because nothing's going to fall from the sky. Or at least, it's pointless to wait for something to fall from the sky.

I also learnt that I can trust the people I love far more than I ever thought.

I met my best friend this year. I'd always wondered what it would be like to have someone to talk to that had the same interests as me, who I could tell anything to and who would be there for me no matter what. @Hattable, thanks for putting up with my silly ideas and listening to me rant and ramble. Thank you for putting up with me falling asleep while texting you and everything. You're hands down one of the sweetest, kindest, persons I know, and I REALLY want to keep you around for a very long time.

@EscaSkye I can't believe it's been over a year since we met. I want you to know that I'm forever grateful for all the the rants you've listened to, every time you bring me back down to reality, and for all those goofy chats and silliness. I've been rather absent lately though, and I'm hoping that in this coming year that'll change.

@Hiraeth, I find you so inspiring, woman, you have no idea. You're so strong and holy cow. You're one of those people that when I think about, doesn't have an age in my mind, you just are. One of these days I'm going to start talking to you more. Maybe we can play some Teraria! and drag Esca along as well ;)

@Prokaryote, I think you've probably taught me the most this year, out of anyone. When I first saw you around the site, I thought you must have been either an incredibly horrible person, or a troll. Or both. I was quite wrong. You're actually quite a gentleman, and yeah, you give some of the best advice. In a lot of ways I think you're living up to the highest potential of a writer, and maybe a person simply by: being truthful. Leaving out the crap. And continuing on. I've been meaning to talk with you some more, again. Also, one thing you told me that I hope I never forget was something like this:

If there isn't something you dislike about a person, than you probably don't know them very well.

@fortis, I don't know you very well, but I've always thought you were really awesome, and I'd like to get to know you better sometime.

@carbonCore I used to think you probably thought I was annoying, because whenever we were in chat at the same time I seemed to be rather obnoxious. But then one day you called me awesome, and I was so shocked. You say that to a lot of people, and I just wanted to let you know that I think you're an awesome person.

@Pomp, you are also an awesome person.

@Lumi, I know we don't talk really ever... but you're one of my favourite role models. Keep being awesome <3

@Unconsoled, thanks for putting up with my on again, off again-ness! And thank you for talking with me. I value our interesting friendship <3

I feel like I'm forgetting someone... I really don't want to forget anyone.

Ah yes, @Stranger, you're pretty cool too. Actually, you're pretty flipp'n amazing, and I find you incredibly inspiring- Aside from obvious reasons like you being far too young for your age, funny, etc, you're also quite an honest guy, and I really appreciate that. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better in the future, whether you like it or NOT! XP and I'm nor just writing this 'cause you called me a jerk. Whether you'll believe that I don't know xP
Seriously though, Hatt and I fangirl about you quite regularly.

And @Nightcrawler, @racket, @Aley, @otherpeople. I need to get to know y'all better too.

@Vasticity I want to get to know you better sometime as well.

I might come and add more to this, but for now I must help my sister clean her chicken coop...

BACK because I remembered some more people I wanted to say hi to.

@Kyllorac, the few times I've had the honour of chatting with you in chat have been pretty fun. You're a pretty cool person. Just thought I'd let you know.

@Blues, yet another cool person that I want to get to know better!

Okay. I'm going to stop there because I just realised there's too many people to tag. So if I haven't tagged you, I probably still want to get to know you better, and I'm looking forward to next year! Which hopefully I'll actually do more this coming year. Such as reviews and novelish stuff, and other stuff.

Anyway, thank you YWS for another really awesome year. You know how when you try to explain to non-YWSers how YWS is like a family, and just how awesome it all is? And they kind of look at you like you're crazy? A little while ago someone wanted to join so they could see what I was talking about, and he agreed that that's what YWS seemed to be; a family. We're totally a family, and I'm so thankful to be a part of it. <3
Last edited by Holysocks on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
100% autistic

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:43 pm
Rydia says...

Mine.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:29 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

I'll update this as I have time/remember. Which I think I say every year. Success rates tbd.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:31 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Dearest YWS, you mean the world to me. Thank you. <3
Last edited by Wolfi on Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:23 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

another year, another name change. What will I be this time next year? The world may never know.

--
This year might go down in history as the first year Spark didn't dedicate all her time to YWS. Truth be told, I've been kind of AWOL for the majority of the year. A lot of stuff went down, y'all. So this is a promise that this time next year, when I'm writing my sixth year book post, that I'll actually have done something worth doing. I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve. As per usual. ;)

This year has been the most difficult year of my life. It has been majorly affected by exactly three events. Graduating, Jessie's death and my heart being truly broken for the first time. Of course, this has produced so freaking awesome poetry, but it's mostly just caused a lot of heart ache and soul searching because I had no idea what to do with my life. I think I'm figuring it out, slowly. I don't have as many people to tag this year, but I'm starting to think that's maybe okay.

@Lumi
idk man. there are some days i look at my life and i just know that i wouldn't be who i am today without you. at this point in our friendship i can't even remember how it started, or why. all i know is that i will forever be thankful for you. you've taught me so many things. you've taught me that the entire history of human desire takes about seventy minutes to tell, that we have not touched the stars, nor are we forgiven, but mostly importantly you taught me i have a fire burning inside of me and i can either let it consume me or let it keep my hands warm when i think there's nothing left. thank you for that.

@Rosendorn
Girl. What can I even say to you? I thank the gods daily that you and I bonded over dance and it grew into a friendship. I thank the gods daily that I always know you're there. I know I haven't been a very good friend this year, and for that I'm sorry. I still love you with all my might. You are a star.

@Birkhoff
We've only talked a couple of times but we've bonded over a mutual understanding for yucky love stuff and I really hope you're happy next year. Hell, I hope you're happy for the rest of your life. You're one of the sweetest guys I know, and truly truly awesome. <3

@silverhanded
you and i write poetry in the form of PMs to each other and that is something i adore. the way you have with words makes me thankful @Lumi and I discovered you. your words are something i can't even describe but you have to keep saying them because one day you're going to set the world on fire with them.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:08 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

I feel like it's been another good year. I haven't been so active on YWS post/review-wise, but I do need it in my life and log in nearly every day. And I plan on doing so for a long time.

It was my first time being an editor for the YWLJ, which was a great experience! I'd do it all over again. It was such a good feeling to be able to contribute to the choice of the entries that made it in, and lovely to see how much talent we have here on YWS! And I loved being able to help editing as well as submitting an article, seeing as I'm too old to submit an actual literary piece.

And writing-wise, I think it's been a fabulous year. I was threatened into restarting my novel, and I'm so thankful for that. It has brought me even closer to my awesome yo holla jam squad that constantly inspires and supports me.<33333 I'm so happy to have discovered them! It has also made me believe in myself more, maybe? I love seeing others enjoy my writing and that makes me enjoy it myself much more.

@beckiw - The best Becks forever! We've been friends for nearly seven years :o and it's thanks to you that I'm writing again so when I'm published and famous you can tell everyone it's because of you ;) We talk very nearly every day and I hope that will continue because you're one of my best friends and I know that you will be there whatever the situation. For better or for worse ;) *loooooooves*

@StellaThomas - I've been on YWS for over seven and a half years and you've been there for pretty much the whole of that time. I don't know why it works so well but probably because we're both awegreat and brillazing and like dresses. And boys. And you always laugh at my jokes. And I laugh at yours most of the time.

@Sachiko or as you insist being referred to now @Kimiko (ew still makes me shudder) - FOR SOME REASON I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD WRITE THIS IN CAPS I WONDER W H Y no but seriously I always loved you but this year we've got even closer and I love it and you. And there's no one who badwords better than you which I also love. AND I CAN YELL YOU AT OVER S T U F F

@Lauren2010 - You're so talented and amazing and I sometimes wonder if there's anything you don't do well and I say that with the most love because you're such an inspiration. Even when you write horrible things that make me cry. >.> <333 I can't wait for you to be published so I can buy all the copies of your books and decorate my house with them.

@Lava - Decemberettes! <3 You're a super intelligent and sassy science lady and I can always count on you for that "XD" on my jokes which gives me hope that maybe someday I will be funny. As with you, I think we've been around each other on some way or another so long that I don't know what would happen if you weren't there :o (Also you always tell about cool Indian things that I don't know about and it's so interesting to learn all these culture quirks!)

@PenguinAttack - You are a radiant sunshine even if you don't always feel like it. <# Everything from your face to your style and lipsticks and serenity is <333 I'm so happy to be your friend and I hope you will always be in my life. Thank you for collecting me when you did because it's a privilege to be around you and your never-ending talent <3

@Meshugenah - You should be around more often <3 there is no one else in my life who will roll their eyes at my various wittinesses and I need that because it's funny and will only fuel the fire. <3

@Rydia - The being around more often concerns you more than anyone else! We don't talk so often but when we do, you're the imp you always are. <3 In addition to that, I don't know anyone who is as competent as you when it comes to tiling your kitchen, making Christmas trees out of piles of books, and baking the most intricate things. You're such a multi-talent! And thank you for that article in the YWLJ because it was super inspiring!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:45 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

Even though I never, ever finish these, I'm going to grab a spot and say "this is totally on my schedule to write" and then put it off because I can't remember all the people I love so much and I don't want anyone to feel left out.

Y'all are making me go soft.
stay off the faerie paths

132 Reviews

Reviews: 132
Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:52 pm
racket says...

Saving spot.... I feel the need to apologize before hand to all the people I forget to put in here... you know... in the future...
"The one who reigns forever,
He is a friend of mine!
The God of angel armies,
Is always by my side!"
"I was cup-bearer to the king." -Nehemiah 1
"I've lost all my marbles, but I promise they'll come back."

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
— Jules de Gaultier