z

Young Writers Society

The YWS 2015 Yearbook!

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:59 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

I've written this post several times now and I can never quite get down what I want to say. But I get the feeling if I don't write this now I'll forget it. In no particular order.

@Nate, thank you for making this possible.

@Sweater

Because you told me to.Because I can see you on the YWS chatbar, it's been fun talking to you this year and I'm probably going to say something lame in here because I never quite know how to accurately describe things like this. But it's interesting to hear your stories (whether true or not true) you've always got something fascinating to say whether it's about your life, some kid you know or someone's funeral you crashed. Thanks for bringing random splashes of colour into my life.

@Blackwood

It feels wrong not to include you because you've impacted me too much, though we haven't talked and things are somewhat different now. Here's a toast to all those SACL and YL chapters, to the stupidity of Rin and for the myriad of small things you've unknowingly taught me.

@Squall

This post is way overdue. We haven't talked much lately due to life and uni things but I want to thank you for clearing up my mental clutter and offering me advice whenever I'm troubled with something. I can always rely on you on giving me a reality check, and thanks for putting up with me asking you questions about just anything.

@Stranger

I miss your voice.It's a pleasure watching you grow, it's a pleasure to see you find yourself. I'm glad we sorted things out this year and I'm glad that we've become closer as well, though the times we talk are few, everytime we talk you surprise me with the things you say, and the things you do. You're more of an inspiration than you think, and I'm short on words right now but keep on being an amazing, angsty human being.

@Holysocks

You're such a gentle and lovely soul and I adore you for it. We do need to talk more in 2016 because you're like this little patch of sunlight that radiates optimism in maybe even the darkest corners of my mind.

@carbonCore

Thank you. You may not remember this but thank you for pulling me out of one of the most painful times this year with your infinite wisdom. I've learnt a lot from you even with the brief conversations we've had, thank you for introducing me to Vonnegut and Rothfuss and offering some piece of advice that always forms the ladder that allows me to climb out of holes I've dug myself into. <3 All my love.

@Pomp

Goddamit woman why did you change your name.

Spoiler! :
Nut <3

I don't know what to say about you, you're like this great entity that's just there. I adore you, I adore your poetry, I adore your strength and I just adore you in general. We haven't talked much because you're never on you jerk, so I can't say I know you well but I just want you to know that you're stronger that you think, and your poetry always inspires me and touches my heart whenever I read it. And I hope you keep on being you and no one else because you're a very special nut.

@Blues

I almost wrote Bluesy there. Our friendship has been this weird blend of novels, culture, MYBT and a lot of things I can't put into words. I can't remember when we met, the start of this year? I love talking with you (and we need to talk more), and you do have a very nice voice. I've learnt things about other cultures that I wouldn't have, and your personality is <3

@elcuidador

And no, it was not a coincidence that you two are under each other. Because I'll never forget those awful jokes you guys had on Skype. But Ahmed, thanks for coming into my life and brightening my day with random jokes and gifs. Thanks for the convos we've had and for reminding me that life doesn't have to so serious and things aren't as dramatic as they are in my head.

@fortis

<3 I hope we can talk more in the coming year, you seem like a really awesome person too. And because Auri and all things Auri is wonderful.

@Deanie, you're amazing too.

@Birkhoff

Because a fellow Norwegian friend is always special, ikke sant? I hope that even when I do return to the land of giant spiders and kangaroos we can keep in touch, it's fun talking to you. And enjoy the snow!

@Gaidaa, I miss you girl. I miss you and your photos, and your amazing spirit. Come back soon. <3

@EscaSkye

You're last because I don't know what to say. You know what I'll say here because I've said it a thousand times to you, and you'll know because you know me better than anyone else here. Though I still think you're too humble whenever I ask you to point out my flaws We've been through rough patches but all friends experience that, we've both been absent and mean to each other but that's ok because no friendship is perfect and it's all these detours that count the most. I want to thank you for coming into my life because my life would be so different without you and it's a difference I want to keep. I hope we can have more adventures, because the sky is too big for just one of us. *gives caramel flan with Max and Chloe's face imprinted on it*

General shoutout to awesome people:

@SkyeDreamer, @Autumns, @GeeLyria, @ArcticMonkey, @SpiritedWolfe, @Alpha, @Dreamy, @Hattable, @CandyWizard

If I forgot you, I'm sorry. My mind is still drunk with Christmas food.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:20 am
View Likes
birk says...

derp
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:27 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

No particular order, no preface.

@LadySpark --> If I ever had the want of a sister, I would never remember it because good lord, woman, you're somethin' else. A few years ago when someone very close to me stopped writing and talking about writing and visiting this site and keeping me on point, I thought I had lost something permanent and unique; and while I wasn't entirely wrong, the ache is made dull because you have completely blown my expectations and mind and heart and. You're a wonder. You give me new lenses that I can appreciate pain through. You bring out the best in my writing and sentiment in general. Sister is a good word. It's an underrated word.

@Birkhoff --> I've never been good at making lasting friendships with people of different interests, different walks of life, ideologies, whatever--you get it. But I'm so immensely grateful that I struck home with you. You're my go-to guy. Wing man. If I had to write a laugh-track sitcom with anyone, I'd want it to be you. You make me enjoy diversity. You make me appreciate the shape of pain. You make me smile. I'll teach you to cook and you can teach me about sports. I want to be your friend for life. Okay? Okay. And I still have a link to Measuring Up somewhere in my bookmarks. I just have to find it.

@Bloo --> The world is so much warmer with you in it. Of all my friends, I don't think anyone else is as enduring and accepting of how life makes fools of us all, only to prove our strength after the smoke falls. Your writing keeps me on point, and your existence keeps me above water. You know the rest of the story.

@chibibo --> I guess if we put math to our friendship, you've made me about $12,000 during our time knowing one another because you are so endlessly perfect for talking to night in and night out for hours on end and staying sane when I'm the only person on an entire floor of a hotel or the entirety of a gas station or on my own plane of reality. I'm grinning just writing this because all of our silly jokes and piss-pulls are coming back to memory. You're so fantastic and I love you so endlessly.

@Nutty --> While not the first YWSer I've married, you're proving to be the best i-Wife ever. I love our time together equally between when we're on the same shrieking-cackling wavelength and when you're keeping me in check. That...is possibly what I admire most about you? You call me on my shi--this is YWS, sorry. You call me on my crap, and there's a big Thank You waiting for you whenever we finally get to meet. Speaking of people who keep me in check...

@Rosendorn --> I almost couldn't do it. I've had this mess sitting in a pad for a week and your space has been empty because I literally don't know if I can do it justice. Alex, you know everything I could say about you and you know why I say it, how I'd say it, and in what order I'd list your qualities. You are the most atomic unicorn, and other than that, I can't do it.

@Omni --> Husbando, I think I owe Aria a thanks because it's her fault that you're my husbando. Hah! I love the title, though, and I will keep it forever. You, like every other person on this list, make me appreciate pain, change, and evolution. You tend to bring out my devious side, though. I should work on that.

@Caesar --> Whatever, you glorious punk jag. You are such a nerd and will probably own me one day, somehow. I'm sure you'll find a way. I already get sappy too easily around you as it is. NO SAP FOR YOU.

@Auxiira --> You're my final entry. You are my shipping partner, my bard, my snap buddy, the only person I don't mind hearing me sing. You are a total fresher, and I love every moment I spend with you. I'm insanely proud of you, and I will be intensely angry if you ever forget that.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:08 am
View Likes
Tuesday says...

yay. first year doing this.

My, my what a year! I met so many people, got my stars in this whole year (five stars, to be exact-- I am officially a five star weekday,) got called michael jordan thanks to this: The YWS Cup II, and learned so much from different people. I mean, if I wasn't on here, I would be on Wattpad still writing such a horrible story with grammatical mistakes galore! There were some fights and tears. I left for twice of the my time on here, came back quite soon with a grin and whatnot. At first when I came here, I didn't expect people to befriend me and think I was cool. That is besides the point of this thingy or whatevah you wanna call it.

I am going to start Billi Wack! A huge read this year. I promise @Falconer, Billi will be back ;) Also! I'm helping a very close friend with their novels,which should hold off until the first novel is done >.> <.<

I reviewed somewhat. I need to review more since they are turning quite horrible (or back to when I would say "this was good and this means.. yadda yadda." Like riding a bike, practice makes perfect. I hope to get a blue star in 2016 if I tell myself that a couple of times, it'll come true.

Besides all the happiness and joyfulness, sadness does appear. It has been eight months since my best friend committed suicide. I miss her deeply every single day, but I know she is in my thoughts and in a better place. My other friend, Rachel, her dad was lost to a heart attack. I hope 2016 will be a better and happy year. c:

I am excited for Christmas! I am getting whole lot of books so my parents won't be seeing me, all that much. :P

Now for some shoutouts! (Random Order: Edition)

@CarsonTheArson - You are never in anymore and that makes me sad. However, we talk on skype about random stuff. You probably know I hated you at first (it was over something stupid). You enjoy my poetry fails, and you exchange that for lorax pics. Also you are my horrible wife <3

@steampowered - Gurrrl, you came a long way! I love talking to you, and hope to get to know ye better since we've only just started talking. In chat, you are a ball of kinetic energy and I love that! I hope to see our friendship grow c:

@MatthewAaron - Dude. Why haven't I met you before? You are truly amazing! As I said for steam, I cannot wait for our friendship to grow into something wonderful. c: You let me talk to you whenever and you make me laugh more than I should. Also, when I am down or something, I can talk to you.

@CandyWizard - When I first met you, I knew we were going to be good friends. You are so kind, filled to the brim with puns, and humorous. Even though you are hiatus which makes me crie I remember the memories or something. You are truly a remarkable person who won't let the world ruin you. Stay like that. <3

@Sunshine1113 - No words to describe you. <3 You have been there for me through thick and thin. You are my little ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. The moment I met you, I was shy and whatnot but you seemed to take that into consideration. I hope you continue just being you, and ily. <3

@TheSilverFox - Meanie. <3 Whenever I see you, in chat or in the SB region, you seem to make me laugh. It seems like a good habit when I am down. Also you've grown as well speaking in terms of being a greenie XP

@Hattable - i don't like you.

Spoiler! :
kidding or maybe not. I really like planning novels with you, including AT which you need to finish and write and whatevah >.> Besides all that, you paved the way of making me actually science fiction. I am completely in awe of your writing which I am envious of but that's not important. I hope you get to publish AT and you dedicate it to me, your editor. :3
Also, thanks to you, I am listening to Nausea.

@Pomp - you got da world in ye hand, choking everyone with ye style~ Basically, you are my little, birdie, that-should-be-on-an-island. c: I enjoy reading your poems (makes me shiver with envy), and I am still mad about your name. I'll get over it after you head rolls off because off with yOUR HEAD! Don't change, gurl. <3

@Nate - I always think if you ever realize what an amazing idea YWS was. You made an empire of such amazing people (some, of which, I have to still meet). A range of people come from all around the world, and leave with memories and new friends (without getting up from their seats). Without YWS, as I said before, I would probably found this site later on (which this year, was the year of the Tuesday).
ANYWAY! Thank you Nate, for making such an amazing site and hopefully you have a good Christmas! :D

@willachilles - Dude. Where r u? ;-; I miss talking to you, but you are amazing no matter what. Forever my best friend. <3

@Holysocks - Now, I just started talking to you in Skype and you are amazing. I wished we've talked earlier. Like two others, you are there for me in time of misery. Thank you. <3

@AlexSushiDog - Remember when you got angry in chat? I remember. Hella funny.

@RagingLive - <3. We need to talk soon, kay? Cause you are my favorite person and I don't want you to forget that. ily<33

long post ;-; wrote this all during homeroom, before finals ANYWAY! If I didn't tag you, I just have no words for how amazing you are and you are forever the most aweseomest person in the whole wide world! <3

Thank you all for this amazing year, and I can feel that next year will be a better one! :D <3
Last edited by Tuesday on Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:44 am
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

Seat reserved! I feel like writing this early, since today(Dec.16) is my YWS anniversary and so I really truly wanted to write and thank all of the lovely people that are close to me on here. <3

@Deanie (Beanie) Where should I start? You are the perfect person to start with! omg you should know how much I love your blog, stalker/follower and your novels are the bomb. You look amazing in dark green, and you really deserve every single award for all of your greatness! Infinite thanks to being such an amazing example to me( as a reader,writer, reviewer, and person<3)

@Amnesia (Memsy) We haven't talk in awhile but ily like a 'lil sister. You are one of the most beautiful people that I know, and honestly I don't know what I would have done without you this past year. You're always there if I need to rant or just get something out, and know that I will always be there for you. <3

@BlueAfrica-(Blue) As the chief-editor of the Squills, I can't tell you enough of how an amazingly awesome job you are doing with running it. I really admire your consistency in Squills, and in your other project The Book Man and everytime I read your blogs or your articles I am again and again astounded by the glory of your artwork. <3

@steampowered,(steamy) I know that we joined YWS within a week, and from those early days I knew that you would be like a twin for me. Looking back on this year, I think that's it's say to say that we both grew, changed, and developed in our own ways, but that still doesn't keep us from being close. From the bottom of my heart, I will always be extra thankful that you came into my life. <3

To all the other wonderful people that I didn't tag, thank you for making YWS my second home. :D

@Rydia, you are such an inspirational role-model to me this year, to be honest, so thank you for all of the activity that you around this site, and how you keep it maintained and updated! I can't help but stare with wonder at your storybooks and leadership abilities. They are better than good. <3

@megsug- (sugar)if someone were to ask me whos writing I really enjoyed the most most most(prose) I would definitely choose you! I can't stop gushing and fangirling over every single chapter of your novels, because that are such a masterpiece. I really truly believe that you will get published someday! Never stop writing those pieces of yours!

@donizback- (don)can you please just finally come baack? I miss you so so so much and I miss your jokes and those really funny moments in our conversation that we had. I will forever be grateful for getting me out of that really dark moment in my life, and I always would look forward to our late-night conversation.

@Inspiredravens- im speechless at the amount of encouragement and support that you have provided me throughout this whole entire year, and I can literally never ever thank you enough. It means so very much to me, that I always and still can have a shoulder to lean on whenever I feel "out of it." You truly helped brighten a part of my life, and I am forever grateful from the depth of my soul for that.

@Sunshine1113(Sunny)- You really seem like the sunshine of YWS, and you are one of the most beautiful people like I know too. I honestly always adored our Skype chats, no matter the content because hanging out with you and around is just so awesome, that distance doesn't matter anymore when you feel that close to someone. <3

@Lavvie I really have enjoyed your perspectives on the world, literature, and grammar. Because of Quibbles I have always thought of you as a grammar nerd, and so I know I can ask you if I need help with something in English, or I could just refer to your few but amazing article. pls do more goodness for squills <3
Oh, and also you have taught me, by just simply writing your reviews and being you, to not nitpick that much, and become a better reviewer. I am thankful so much for that.<3

@Snoink-I have sent you countless PMs and I really admire your patience to answering them and helping me figure out my teenage angst. I feel like you are a beautiful role-model to me. I follow your comic blog (Moth and Myth) all of the time, and I am totally subscribed to your blog, and I literally read every single one of those entries. I have also gathered some debating skills from you, which again I am very grateful for. Keep on doing those blogs!
Last edited by Pretzelstick on Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:07 pm
View Likes
Lavvie says...

A really long time ago, a not-so-friendly member told me that I would grow out of YWS and see it for what it really is. Of course, being young and naive, I developed a strange concept of YWS and completely lost my way. I lost my way in writing, in my love for all things technical, in creativity. Essentially, I lost my way within myself. Then, I went off to school and I was too busy to come back to YWS, but mostly I mourned the loss of what YWS had meant to me. I first joined nearly six years ago out of a need to fulfill a desire to belong to a writing community and I immediately fell in love. A lot of the people that I was close to then are no longer active, having moved on, YWS having satisfied their needs sufficiently.

So when I graduated from my school, which was amazing, exhausting, and terrifying all at once, I needed to come back to this place. I missed many people and looked forward to getting to know others.

2015 has been an amazing year and just thinking about how dear YWS is to me is making me tear up. The little girl I was when I first joined at thirteen has evolved into a confident woman of nineteen and I know for a fact that this would not have been possible without the continuous presence of this beautiful place in my life.

So the first shout-out is to YWS in general. Thank you for always staying strong in my heart because of your community and care. Even when I was not active, you were always in my thoughts. Thank you for providing me with friends that I can always fall back on, no matter what, and thank you for showing me that it is okay to be myself. I love this place desperately. So, in a nutshell, thank you @Nate for creating a space that will always welcome me back with open arms. It means a lot to me and I know it means a lot to many other people. It's a very special gift.

Individual shout-outs follow, although I'm not very good at them. Nevertheless, I think I've made it quite clear privately to many of these people how much they mean to me. It is always nice to get public recognition though :)

@Snoink - Ah, Karina, Karina. It's been years and years and yet we are still happily in touch. Things are so different now for both of us, but this is a good thing. You are like an older sister to me and I promise we will meet soon! After all, we don't live too far from each other. Wishing you much love and joy at the close of this year. <3

@Vasticity – Yeah, it's been awhile, vas bb. I've known you since practically day one and the times when I would periodically visit YWS chat during my years of inactivity were mostly because I wanted to talk to you. Maybe I will come stay with you and your bro over Thanksgiving, even if you will make me pay rent. You're ridiculous and we get along way too well. Beaucoup de love!

@Iggy - Yggi. Yggs. Yggalicious. I love you for all that you are. Your determination. Your dedication. Your huge heart. Your humour. Thank you for being one of the first people to welcome me back this year wholeheartedly and unconditionally. Je t'aime.

@Dreamwalker - You've kind of vanished again but you're one of my favourite parts of YWS. I will love you forever and I miss you terribly. Come back, please.

@Pretzelstick - You're a pretty cool person and I'm very glad that we met this year! You have come so far with Squills and it's been amazing to see the development over the months. I think that you're a really extraordinary person and I hope that we can talk more in the coming year.

@Lumi, @fortis, @Holysocks, @TriSARAHtops, @Arkhaion, @Demeter, @StellaThomas, @megsug.

More to come~
Last edited by Lavvie on Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:41 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

DANGIT. I AM STUCK HERE IN LONELY PAGE TWO THAT NOBODY LOVES. ;.;

Spoiler! :
@Dreamy @manisha @Dutiful @Sindhu(I forget your yewis name) @StellaThomas @Demeter @Kimiko (Forever Sachi) @PenguinAttack @Lauren2010 @beckiw @Rydia @Meshugenah @Nate @Sweater @Autumns @Elinor @murtuza @Lavvie @carbonCore @Alpha @Pomp (Dooooor) @Shearwater @MiaParamore @Twit @Vasticity

It has been a great 2015, getting to know you guys more, meeting some of you, eternally insane gossip sessions and talking to you and doing silly things. I love you guys dearly, and

I hope there's even more fun and good things coming your way in 2016!

Cheers, you guys!

xx
Last edited by Lava on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:48 pm
View Likes
passenger says...

This year feels like it's gone by so quickly; it seems as if I've been on YWS for more than the one & some years I have. I feel like I tried a lot of new things this year on here (like entering the realm of storybooks, which I will never regret in the slightest). Being a poetry writer myself, I feel like my writing's matured a lot since last year. I'd have to say that my goal for 2016 is to work more on my novel and other prose. (I would say to get published, but I don't foresee having the time or the talent for that. :p)

But most of all this past year, I've met some of the most wonderful people.

@CandyWizard ~ You're the sweetest guy. You always put the biggest of smiles on my face. You already know what I think of you, because neither of us can seem to stop complimenting each other for two seconds. But honestly. You're not only the nicest, most kindhearted person I've met, but one of the most talented prose writers on here. I can't wait for the day when your novel gets published, and I get to say I told you so. (& then you can bribe my soccer coach with candy [or Gwen Stefani CDs] so you can coach my soccer team. It might seem like a long shot, but hey. I don't like fantasy or LotR, & I'm in love with your novel. [I promise I'll keep reading it.])

@silverhanded ~ I know we haven't talked as much as I would like lately, but that doesn't mean I love you any less. I remember the time when you first joined the site, and we'd exchange our poetic inspirations. You have a way with words that I wouldn't trade for the world if I had. You have a beautiful mind. Despite your insecurities, you're a fantastic writer and person, & I hope that you can battle that pain and come out on top with a story to tell.

@Caterpickle ~ Ily, sister.

@Hattable ~ We've only talked like twice, but you seem like a good & funny guy. You always make me laugh with wall posts & such, and I've read a few of your written works on here, enough to know how good of a writer you are. I definitely hope to get to know you more in the coming years.

@Sweater ~ This is basically my much needed reminder to check out "Serial" & join that music club & read "Mislaid" by Nell Zink. (You're a joy to talk to. <3 Write that essay idea. With your writing talent, you can change the world.)

@Birkhoff ~ I can't wait to talk to you more. It seems like we like the same things (with a few exceptions) and from what I've heard/seen, you're the coolest guy.

@MadWriter7 ~ Thought I'd forget you? I wouldn't dream of it. You're the sweetest girl, and you make my days with our conversations. I bet you'll do wonderfully with your novel, "New Haven"; you have so many followers for it already. ;) Keep winning in life, girl.

@MatthewAaron ~ We should talk more. It seems like I'm always in school and don't have much time to talk when you chat me, but you seem like the nicest person, and your messages always make me laugh. c:

@Basil @GuyFieri @Pan ~ I just wanted to say that you guys are the nicest, and it's been wonderful to collaborate with you in Indigena 2.0. That was my first real storybook, and it both bettered my writing and propelled me to join more storybooks.

---

A few people I haven't chatted with, but honestly need to because they're awesome and/or are always so nice to me: @Stegosaurus @TheSilverFox @steampowered @Deanie @RagingLive @SpiritedWolfe (the list goes on.)

---

I discovered some fricken amazing writing—both poetry & prose—on here this year, and I know for a fact that I haven't even tapped into the talent of the writers. I'll just list a few:

1. In Love in the Trees of Ganymede by @Lumi. I wish I could just steal all of your lines and pretend they're mine. God, your poetry is just beautiful. But for some reason this one was my favorite & pulled on all of my heartstrings.

2. Sardines by @BFG. This poem hasn't gotten nearly enough attention. <3

3. The Orange Tree by @Arkhaion. There's nothing I could say that could explain how much I loved this.

4. Untitled Novel : [Chapter 1: Window Seats] and the other four chapters (so far) by @Autumns. So much potential there. (2016 brings more reviews, don't worry.)

---

Anyway, this post has been so long, and it could be longer, but honestly who wants to listen to me rant.

I love you guys. I'm looking forward to another great year. <3
Last edited by passenger on Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We accept the love we think we deserve." -Stephen Chbosky's Perks of Being a Wallflower

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I joined YWS late this year. In September, on the 7th, if you want to be exact. Some of my family found out about it, and then the writer in me decided to join.
I went from being TheLearningWriter to Magestorrow. I made a lot of awesome new friends. I learned how to review people's works better than I ever had before. I became obsessed with roleplaying. I became a better writer. I learned some of my writing flaws.
I debuted on this sight with The Waiting Game. The Schadel Files became my new story to work on. The Giving Curse came along. My first romance work, Sunset, still needs more chapters.
I started the Spirit Summoners, Rare Scribblers, Schadel's Necromancy Agency, and 35 Portland Row.
Young Writers Society has become a big part of my life, and I promise that when I became a published author in the hopefully not far off future, I'm going to praise this site 24/7, 365 days of the year.
Thanks for creating the site, @Nate, and I can't wait to see what next year is going to bring with it!
Last edited by Mageheart on Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:18 pm
keystrings says...

To start off, I'd like to say thanks to every single person I've ever talked to on here. You are all amazing, unique individuals that have most undoubtedly shaped and helped me through the past year and some months that I've been on this website. I never thought that I'd ever post one of my works on here, or join a Storybook. I certainly never thought I'd join the YWS Newsletter! (Sorry for not writing anything lately...)

I never thought that I'd end up becoming a part of something much larger than myself, to actually be a YWSer, to feel linked with countless other people that I will most likely never see in real life. Why does everyone have to live so far away?! There's too many cool people on here that it makes real life friends of mine seem boring. Oh well. I am so happy and proud to be a member on this website though, to see the good that all you awesome peoples have done for each other, with all the different activities throughout this past year.

There are way too many names to be named I'm afraid, but I will try to insert a few. Warning: this is so not in order, sorry.

So, I'd like to thank the following people:

@Caesar for helping me with my Latin. And, uh, sorry that the SB basically died the moment it was created...

@Pretzelstick for being such a huge fan of Throne of Glass. I loved talking with about the series and all of the components. We must debate more next year! Especially when the next book comes out. Eventually.

@Rydia for all of the support you gave me about writing in Keep Calm. One of these days, I will actually write something, I swear. It'll be one of my New Year's Resolutions.

@BlueAfrica for being so helpful and sweet and nice to the extent that I was so flattered by how much you did for me.
Last edited by keystrings on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:57 pm
View Likes
Sevro says...

Well, better late than never.

So, first I'm going to virtually shout out to all the people (I assume you're all people >.>) who I can remember made this a better year for me and for the YWS community.

@CandyWizard- Hmm, where to begin. You were really the first friend I made on YWS. You really helped me, not only become a better writer, but become a better person. You never, ever fail to make me smile when we chat. Now, all my teachers, friends, and family probably think that I'm looking at a porn website I'm weird for staring at my iPad and smiling. So thanks. You are so kind, kinder than literally anyone I know. You are the only person I have ever met that has not told me to stop ranting about my problems, or to tell my ideas to someone else. I am so lucky to have someone I can just be myself around. I could write three and a half pages about how amazing you are, but I only have half an hour before dinner, and I have several more people to praise. Have a nice day <3!

@Savvy- Congratulations! You are the only person on YWS that is related to me! *gives sticker* Seriously, thanks for introducing me to this community, and therefore to all my new friends.

@heather- You and I share a sense of humor, and I have the immense pleasure of being a part of our hilarious chats. I hope they occur more often this year. I'm glad we met. I am also glad that the person in your avatar isn't smiling like that creepy smiley, because that would most likely give me nightmares, and how can I possibly trig on little to no sleep?!

@Rishik- Rishik, my bro! Thank you so much for the lovely banner, it is adorable. I love our little talks, and I hope that we can talk more often. You seem like a very creative, inventive person.

@Hattable- You seem cool.

@Sweater- Who couldn't love a down-to-earth guy like you? The sass is always on point. I am sorry about the hair, though.

@Steggy- You are all over YWS, and whenever I hit the little "View Likes" button (am I the only one that does that?), your name is always there. All of your avvies are so adorable, and they make me smile. I always check out your wall for the #dinofacts. They're cool.

@TheFantasy14- I really appreciate you. I appreciate that you took several opportunities to try to include me in Storybook ideas. I am so excited for the Star Wars SB, you have no idea! It seems like it will be fun collaborating with you, and the other members of the SB. Your friend, Dill

@SpiritedWolfe- Thanks again for that Secret Santa present. I truly did love it, it was so thoughtful. You are an amazing writer, and you have a way with words that only a few lucky people have. I know that there are a lot of people here that love you and your literary works, and I'm definitely one of them.

I know I probably left people out. If I did, just, I don't know, slap me.

Here are some amazing literary pieces that either were in the literary spotlight, and/or deserved to be there, so this is my own personal spotlight.

12 Months Later by cheaperpoetry

You Pissed Me Off (A Roast Fest) by AceOfPayds

By the age of by throughtherabbithole

To Slaughter, Incinerate, Run Over with a Quacking Tractor, Murder, Shred, Feed to Rabid Bunnies, Blow up, and Exile a Mocking Bird by HolographicLadybug

they tell me that writing is a form of art founded on rules by Carina

perfect on the surface, broken at the seams by SpiritedWolfe

Buzzkill by CandyWizard

icarus and his golden wings got lost again by LadySpark

XY by ellmist

The Orange Tree by Lareine

The Neighborhood- created by Savvy

Star Wars: Rise of the Legion- created by TheFantasy14

Oh my god, there are so many, I can't possible put them all. Just because they aren't in this post, doesn't mean that they aren't in my heart. There are so many short stories that I didn't put, for I wish I could put all the ones I loved. I put the first few that I remembered and could find.

This was a really good year for me. I felt like this was a great opportunity-year. I got to meet all these beautiful people, and read all these amazing things. I joined my first Storybook, which quickly made me want to join another. I wrote my first ever, non-mandatory poem, and found myself very inspired by several of the aforementioned pieces to write another. That, I feel like, is what YWS is all about. While it is a very good place to get your work out there, it also a place to go in order to create work of your own. This community, this family, is one of the only places I've left, thinking only of what I'm going to write next. So, here I go, into the new year, thinking of what to write next.
Last edited by Sevro on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:58 pm
View Likes
Amnesia says...

Well my first year has come and gone. I have met some amzing people who taught me that it's ok for me to be myself.

Thank you all for giving me a place where I can write and actually get helpful feedback. Thank you for keeping me motivated in my writing.

I'm not tagging a whole lot of you because there are too many people and I don't have three hours xD.

@Arkhaion : Thank you for slapping me into reality and keeping me here. You've helped me more with being more confidant in who I am. You put up with me when you don't have to. You've given me great advice that I'm determined to follow.

@AdrianMoon : You're probably more mature than I am at any given time, But you've helped me grow as a person and helped me gain some maturity, Thank you so much.

@ScarlettFire : You put up with me when you didn't have to, You agreed to so many skype calls when I couldn't sleep and you put up with my rants and sobbing fits at night and for that I thank you.

@Hattable : Laughter is the best medicine and you've made me laugh when the going got tough without knowing it

@Blasphirica : You are one of my best friends. You will forever be Meredeth Grey and theres nothing you can do about it.

@Stranger : You thought I forgot about you didn't you? I love you too Will and hmmm I think we made some really funny things happen in chat this past year. ^.^

@TommySneak : two words....The Trolling xD

And a great big thank you to anyone I might have missed, Thank you all for teaching me about love and what really makes a writer themselves. I love you all <3
Last edited by Amnesia on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

207 Reviews

Reviews: 207
Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:06 pm
Rin321 says...

I shall claim a spot :)
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a funtastic awesome writer-
what are you?

You are an awesome writer as well-that is what you are

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:24 pm
Elinor says...

Reserved

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:47 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

I’ve written and rewritten this yearbook post too many times, actually. 2015 has sorta been a blur for me, so trying to sum of all of thoughts of this year has been a bit difficult. I actually had to ask @Pomp if I was turning one or two in 2016 because I honestly couldn’t piece apart the years in my head. It’s one of those weird things about getting older. Everything just meshes together.

Growing up in general is just plain weird.

I guess most of this is going to be a huge thank you, but I’m honestly not sure if I could possibly include everyone that I want to thank or even what to thank them for. “Thank you for tolerating me.” “Thanks for reviewing my novel.” “Thank you for helping me realize something about myself, even if you don’t remember that conversation.” “Thank you for those words of encouragement, but I’m not sure if that was even a big deal to you. So I’m not sure if bringing it up is even worth it.”

I kept putting this off because I don’t think there are enough words to express how much this community means to me. I actually started to record this post aloud on my phone, so that I’d transcribe it later, and I found myself trailing off at some points because my vocabulary isn’t large enough to encompass how much this has changed me as a person.

There have been so many people who have come and gone and so many people who have impacted me in seeing the world in a different view. My writing style has changed, my thought process is slowly changing, and everything is just so incredibly different.

This community has given me a pillar of support that I probably wouldn’t have found otherwise and it has brought me out of some pretty dark times in my life that I never really thought would have happened.

But if I were to actually summarize my gratitude, I think I would do it something like this:

Thank you to everyone who read or even reviewed my novels, because that’s honestly helped me so so much. Thanks for sticking by when there was no plot or when the plot was just so ridiculous that it couldn’t even be fathomed. Thanks for the countless messages of feedback.

Thank you to everyone who has convinced me to try things. Like poetry, storybooks, tenses, points of views, etc. That has really helped with growing as a person and I’m not sure how much I can express here. No Romance wouldn’t have been the novel that it is if I wasn’t encouraged to try new things. The poetry documents that I have on the notes on my laptop wouldn’t exist at all. I’m actually filling out another storybook profile in another tab as I write this.

Thank you to everyone who has read my jumbled thoughts that I’ve put into blog posts and have offered support, because that means so much to me. I don’t feel like thanks is a strong enough word for it.

Thanks to everyone who I’ve had conversations with while talking on chat, because conversations in general are awesome and being able to talk to people is absolutely amazing. (Thank you for putting up with my typos, grammar, and horrible way of putting thoughts together.)

Just one big round of thanks to YWS as a whole, because all of you are seriously awesome.

~Adrian
Last edited by Evander on Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

"I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul."
— Pablo Neruda