Young Writers Society

The YWS 2015 Yearbook!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:42 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

You may post anything you like: shout-outs to specific people, stories or poems you really liked, what you read this year, pictures, favorite quote, etc. However, you may make only one post! Although you can edit that one post as much as you like.

Grab your spots, sit back, and enjoy the memories <3 What an amazing year, everyone! And to those who are new with us, join in! You will look back upon it next year and smile.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:42 am
Iggy says...

Spot saved. ;)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:56 am
Pompadour says...

*occupies spot*
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:58 am
View Likes
Deanie says...

So... I know this is soon in coming but I have a lot to say and just need to get it out now. Also, exams finished today so I am on a happy high! To write this post though, I go through my following list to see who I should be mentioning and make sure I don't leave anyone out. I'm following 450+ people O.o And every time I go through that list it makes tears come to my eyes because I think about all the people I know and love now, and all the people who are gone and I have no way to contact so I miss ;.; Sentimental feelings are high as I write this, guys.

LOOKING BACK ON THE YEAR...

This year a lot has happened. I finished the first draft of Eyes Wide Shut which is the novel I have been working on since forever. I'm currently in the process of editing and then I will be on the lookout for beta readers :D

I think my poetry and novel writing has improved A LOT this year. I have stopped posting often come to the end of the year, but at the beginning and middle I was shooting out chapters like crazy and well, the reviews have seriously helped better my writing. I hope to write even more next year, especially poetry as I will be busy editing too. Ooh and I got into the YWS literary journal. Now that made me happy :D

I haven't had as much time for reviewing towards the end of the year as I wanted to, but I am going to change that. I'm working on it, guys, and if I have a review I owe you IT IS COMING. I am gonna make my comeback and get back into my reviewing groove. It's gonna be a comeback 2016.

Some sad things have happened this year as well. I lost my grandfather to dementia and cancer. Sometimes it gets hard to think about it because I lost my other grandfather to cancer before as well, and in the end he had a lot of trouble with his mind. But he is resting in a better place <3

This year I have been working excessively at keeping my blog, Olivia's Catastrophe going. It may or may not have spilled over to YWS a bit ;) I've also fired up my youtube channel which I hope to continue next year and joined a group of writers who write a writing based blog. It's fabulous and because I love blogging and vlogging I'm doing a lot of it.

In the quest to make self-made photos for my blog instead of stealing from other people I've taken to photography and now I can't stop and just want to know more and more. Oh, and I've started to draw a little bit more, but still not too often.

And I read. A Lot.

SHOUTOUTS TO SOME PEOPLE WHO HAVE MEANT A LOT TO ME THIS YEAR. In no particular ordr of course...

@Wolferion so I know we don't talk on YWS anymore, but I am so glad we keep in contact otherwise <3 You've been a best friend of mine for years and I can see this remaining the same for years to come. I love all our conversations and whenever I need someone to talk to, I know you are always there.

@Gaidaa you probably aren't gonna see this but I miss you <3 Wish you hadn't moved but I will see you this holiday ;)

@ThereseCricket and @PickledChrissy and @TimmyJake - I seriously know too many people from this one family. But that might just be because the family is epic. Remember: Carrie Underwood beats Josh Groban and tea will ALWAYS be better than coffee.

@Angelreader77 I loved seeing you posting and reviewing again. You'll always be my Time Twin and I am so glad you've gotten back into writing <3 Can't wait to see more of your stuff.

@Auxiira (who I am talking to as I write this). So I know that the end of the year has had some unfortunate things happening for you but I hope 2016 looks up and I hope uni life is treating you will. Stay wonderful <3

@bluewaterlily (who I am also talking to) I SERIOUSLY appreciate our friendship. Really. I might not say it enough and I might not always have time to talk but I love that I have someone who I can talk books with and won't get bored of it <3 I love the fact that we can talk about anything and it's just so relieving to have a best friend who is always there and present <3

@Nightcrawler I hope the adoption goes smoothly ^^ I love looking at your artworks and reading your writing because they are always so beautifully and well done. Thanks so much for all your support with my 365 day challenge <3

@TriSARAHtops is another person who I am thanking for your support with my 365 day challenge <3 I LOVE your bookish photographs. Don't stop ^.^

@Rydia it was so epic meeting you this summer. I was kind of frazzled and that summer wasn't an easy one so I wasn't very organised. But I hope to be back in England for summer next year and hopefully I will be more put together and we can organise some decent time as well.

@BellaRoma you never fail to talk to me which is brilliant because sometimes I am rushing around and forgetting to be social. I love your novel and it is developing so much. Keep at it girl <3

@Blueafrica you are basically my YWS mother. AND you gave me a middle name as well which I shan't forget of course. I can't wait to see the new and improved Book Man and am looking forward to seeing it published and shelves (hopefully MY shelf whenever I've bought it) as well.

@SirenCymbaline now we mostly talk offsite because of us being here at such different times but it is so good to have an RP buddy and writing buddy as well. I see good things coming for our novel and I love the idea of the new theme we have blossoming. I think you're one of the people I have been talking to since I was like, 12 on here, and you keep pushing me to read more HP as well which is good because I really need to!

@Hattable so I think I met you this year which was good. Hard to talk sometimes because of time zones but I do like when we do talk and well, you are worthy of a shout out so here is one :P

@Meandbooks I think it is so cool that you have moved to Japan. I hope you enjoy it there and continue your love for books. We should really talk more ^^

@Autumns I secretly fangirl about your poetry and love all your movie related posts.

@Dutiful we mostly talk off site so I don't know if you will see this but I just love your personality. It's so bright, and shiny and active and you're always so fun to talk with. Keep loving life and being yourself and thank you for keeping me company all summer long ^.^

@Pretzelstick what can I even say. I don't get to talk to you too often but you motivate me so much. All the times I was convinced it was due time for me to leave YWS you pulled me back in some way or another and showed me how much I love this community and place. Keep being wonderful <33

@candywizard so I only met you a few months ago if I think about it O.o And I know you are currently on a hiatus but I seriously think you are one of the most beautiful soul people I have met before. You're always encouraging me to be my best, and striving to do so yourself although it isn't too easy with those around you IRL. Keep strong and keep being you. Don't let anyone bring you down or try to change you.

@steampowered I really value our friendship as well. I know you're on a little break to take a step away from things but you were so helpful with JM stuff and always up for talking. Hope the break treats you well <3

@manisha you are wonderful and kind and loving. I love reading your blog, seeing your artwork and photography. Also, you inspired me to better my own as well. <3 Thank you so much for always running the reading challenges as well ^.^

@Dreamy I love how you are always going and motivated. And yet still making time to read and appreciate the things life around you can give. Keep being you <3

@Cithara so the story of my forgetful life is that someone, or something somewhere down the line is forgotten. I STILL LOVE YOU THOUGH <3 It was so great talking to you this year and I know we've both been through some ups and downs but I think various reasons have made us better friends with time <3 Also, you keep going and acing life because last time we talked it seems like you had a lot of good things going for you. Have a brilliant new year :)

PEOPLE WHOSE NOVELS AND POETRY I ENJOY AND LOVE TO STALK

@r4p17 @pomp @hiraeth @Lumi @LadySpark @fortis @megsug @WillowCutz @SereneSimpliciT @anabelsinclair @mephistophelesangel

PEOPLE I SHOULD TALK TO MORE NEXT YEAR BECAUSE THEY SEEM LIKE AWESOME PEOPLE OR I JUST HAVE BEEN NEGLECTING

@SkyeDreamer @SpiritedWolfe @Noelle @savvy @birkhoff @ArcticMonkey @Soulkana @Iggy @ShadowVyper @Messenger @Blues @ChipsMcCoy

PEOPLE I BELIEVE I HAVE MET THIS YEAR AND THINK ARE WONDERFUL HUMAN BEINGS

@Stegosaurus @mialynire @Lightsong @willachilles

CURRENTLY MISSING </3

@Carina @Crimsona @Justagirl @Adriana @DukeofWonderland @qaralynn @murtuza @LemonyIce @IamTraunt @TwistedMuffins @AngerManagement @AfterTheStorm @AngieCandy

Long post, huh? Ily YWS and here is to next year being epic and me hopefully not missing my YWSiversary this year like I have done EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Seriously, I never get to celebrate it >.>

Deanie x
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:04 am
bluewaterlily says...

mine
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:06 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

Dracula's Space

The 2015 Reading Challenge, completed October 28.
Spoiler! :
A book with more than 500 pages: Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles (Margaret George)
A classic romance: Good Wives (Louisa May Alcott)
A book that became a movie: Paper Towns (John Green)
A book published this year: All Fall Down (Ally Carter)
A book with number in its title: 1066 And All That (Folio)
A book written by someone under 30: The Nature Magpie (Daniel Allen)
A book with non -human characters: Warriors: Into the Wild (Erin Hunter)
A funny book: Cabin Fever (Jeff Kinney)
A book by a female author: The Lady and the Unicorn (Tracy Chevalier)
A mystery or thriller: Sherlock Holmes Selected Stories (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
A book with a one word title: Paranormality (Richard Wiseman)
A book of short stories: Andersen's Fairy Tales
A book set in a different country: The Here And Now (Ann Brashares)
A non fiction book: Codes, Ciphers and Secret Writing (Martin Gardner)
A popular author’s first book: Philosopher's Stone (J.K. Rowling)
A book from an author you love that you haven’t read: Carry On (Rainbow Rowell)
A book a friend recommended: Warriors: Fire and Ice (Erin Hunter)
A Pulitzer Prize-winning book: Angela's Ashes (Frank McCourt)
A book based on a true story: Forbidden Love (Norma Khouri)
A book at the bottom of your to-read list: When Courage Came To Call (L.M. Fuge)
A book your mum loves: The Giver (Lois Lowry)
A book that scares you: Sanctum (Madeleine Roux)
A book more than 100 years old: Little Men (Louisa May Alcott)
A book based entirely on its cover: The Story of Cirrus Flux (Matthew Skelton)
A book you were supposed to read but you didn’t: The Night is for Hunting (John Marsden)
A memoir: 'Tis (Frank McCourt)
A book you can finish in a day: The Bad Beginning (Lemony Snicket)
A book with antonyms in the title:
A book set somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit: Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children (Ransom Riggs)
A book with bad reviews: And Only To Deceive (Tasha Alexander)
A trilogy: The Hunt, The Prey and The Trap (Andrew Fukuda)
A book from your childhood: ASOUE (Lemony Snicket)
A book with a love triangle: The Miniaturist (Jessie Burton)
A book set in the future: Across the Universe (Beth Revis)
A book set in high school: Eleanor and Park (Rainbow Rowell)
A book with a color in the title: The Red Queen (Philippa Gregory)
A book with magic: Hollow City (Ransom Riggs)
A graphic novel: Saga (Brian K Vaughan + Fiona Staples)
A book by an author you have never tried: Anna and the French Kiss (Stephanie Perkins)
A book you own but have never read: Jo's Boys (Louisa May Alcott)
A book that takes place in your hometown: The Other Side of Dawn (John Marsden)
A book that was originally written in a different language: Planet of the Apes (Pierre Boulle)
A book set during Christmas: Grimm's Fairy Tales
A book written by an author with your same initials: The Hobbit (Tolkien)
A banned book: The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins)
A book based on or turned into a TV show: The 100 (Kass Morgan)
A book you started but never finished: True UFO Accounts (David Godwin)
A book that made you cry: Son (Lois Lowry)
A book published in the year that you were born: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (JK Rowling)

I'd like to mention some people, but I know that I'll forget to mention some who greatly impacted my life! So I'm sorry if that's you, I love you? Actually I love everyone on Yewis.
Spoiler! :
To begin with, @donizback was frequently awesome this year, so was @Hattable though everyone's gonna mention him. It was fun making a storybook with @Skydreamer though people are taking their time to reply. :P @artemis28 wrote some amazing fanfiction and @meandbooks was always one of the first to like wall posts. @MatthewAaron was always happy to chat, @Sunshine1113 gave hugs all around, and @Deanie was quick to give writing advice. @CandyWizard also created an awesome AU of The Walking Dead:

Me: TWD is going to play out like the comics, isn't it... :/
CandyWizard: If by that you mean Arthur will ride in and slash a few walker heads, before Merlin teleports in and starts zapping their brains with bolts of lightning, then sure xD

Basically, I'd like to thank everyone for making an awesome year of Yewis, and I mean everyone.

Probably the strangest dream I had this year: Draco wins a race against a giraffe to impress Harry.
Last edited by Dracula on Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:07 am
View Likes
Hattable says...

DIBS. ;-;

====

I'm pretty darn lazy, so I'm just gonna tag some favorites and not really say much about them.

Spoiler! :
@Hattable

Okay, favorites done.

Kidding, here's some real favorites and honorable mentions and stuff.

Spoiler! :
@Holysocks - you cool, bro, you cool.

@Sunshine1113 - you cool too, real cool.

@Stranger - thanks for the music and laughs and crap, dude.

@Blaspherica - this person lets me spoil my novel for them and it helps me plan things.

@Falconer - another cool person, hello, thanks for stuff.

@SpiritedWolfe, @steampowered, @Pompadour - some cool mods I've talked to pretty often (except Wolfe and steam >.> ).

@ScarlettFire - oh, another cool "mod". ;D

@Deanie, @Savvy- some people I haven't spoken to much, but really enjoy talking to when I do. Let's talk more this coming year, guys!

@Arkhaion, @Morrigan, @Birkhoff, @Lumi - 'cause dey cool too, even though I'ven't talked to them much at all (they intimidate me greatly. I fear them. ;-;)

Now I feel bad 'cause I could've sworn there were others I meant to tag, but I can't think of them.

Oh well, sorry if you feel left out. I still sorta love you maybe but not all that much. </3

Really, though, thanks for an awesome first year on YWS, everyone! It's been great, and I'm looking forward to being here for a long long time. (Unless you decide to kick me out or something which WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? D: )
Last edited by Hattable on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:09 am
View Likes
Willard says...

I'm willing to pee on this spot.

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:12 am
Storygirl95 says...

I want a spot. :)
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:19 am
rainforest says...

Spot taken here!
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:40 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Okay! Where do I start? There are just so many people who've helped me these past two years with reviewing my proses and poetries and helping me when I'm having writer's block and encouraging me to keep writing and just making me feel welcomed continuously. Also, being there to keep the smile hanging on my face. I owe you guys. I'm going to show my appreciation to some of the people I remember because you guys are so helpful in many ways, you just stuck in my mind. In no particular order:

@Flemzo: You were the reviewer of my poem that helped me the most! From you, I learned about line breaks and imageries and whatnot, and I thank you for that! Your help just makes me improve my poetry skill rapidly although it's not my forte. Seeing you around here after a while missing is a blessing.

@Noelle: AAAHHH, NOELLE, WHAT CAN I DO WITHOUT YOU?! You like my novel and keep following it, and each of your review is like oil being poured to my fire of passion to continue writing and writing the novel because at some point I think I was in a mini hiatus of doing that. When you went poof for a while, I was afraid you weren't following it any longer, and then your review came and I was fiery all over again! You're just a helpful reviewer/friend I'd never want to lose. :'D <3

@Meandbooks: Our interaction came a bit too late, but it was our same interest that kept putting us together. YAASS, WE ARE BOTH BRANDON SANDERSON'S FANS AND ARE NOT AFRAID TO SHOW THAT! <3 I've been keeping my eyes on your novel before you confessed your fangirling over Sanderson in my wall, and I hope in the near future we can help each other about our novels because I like yours and you like mine and all. I envy your world-building skills. ;-;

@heather: You've changed your name. >.> The user I've never expected to encounter with, we had a long argument about whether you were really a boy or not. o.o You're such a hilarious young lad, and don't mind being generous by giving me the positive energies. You also tried to play matchmaking for me I think xD but it doesn't work well - never give up though, I like meeting those potential BFs. :D I hope you'd have wonderful days of your life. <3

@Carlito: You... when you first reviewed my prose, I was like, "She's a meanie, don't want to request from her again. ;-;" but you managed to take hold of me with your charming claws and instead of shying away from requesting, I kept asking you for your reviews because you just knew what you were doing and I was just thirsty for that reviews you gave. I kept asking you to review Bad Lights, Good Lights because secretly I wanted you to follow it. ;-; How lame and noob of me.

@Hattable: We don't speak much with each other, but you're my favourite funny person and I like reading your humorous stories. Not to mention you're a creative guy and I envy your talent to make people laugh sometimes. :) Keep making others' lives better, JKHatt. <3

@Deanie: You're another one who keep me motivated! Your reviews for my Vengeful Spirit fanfiction short story are just fantastic that when I've posted each part of it, I can't wait to read another fabulous reviews from you. I've never intended the story to be political since I was basing it from its lore but when you said you like the political sense of it, it made me rethink whether I should make it more political because I also liked politics. Your poems are also awesome, and if you have the newer, simpler ones just let me know because I'd be happy to reviews them for you. <3

@comrie: Aww, comrie. Your novel attracts me to you, and from there I can see you're a creative person and we both like fantasy novels so yey for that! I hope you'd continue with your first novel (something about a curse? Oh mai, it's been a while since I read it ;-;) because I like where it's going and its recent chapters definitely show you're being better at it. Also, you're an awesome reviewer! Not only I thought your review for my Reason of Existing short story to be super helpful, I just enjoyed reading that awesomely long review of yours. Keep being awesome! :D <3

@Cairo: We've a brief conversation together (it's mostly about me asking you to review my poetry >.>) but you're just a wonderful poet and I like your poems and the guy with pineapple shirts and your review for my Rise poem just makes me smile and I still reread it occasionally these days. I hope you'd post more poems because I'm pretty sure a lot of people are eager to read them. <3

@mialynire: Hahaha, you surprised me when you Like some of my poems at one time but you're such a sweet girl basing on your novel, and the comic strips you've posted are laughable and I like that you want to share them with others. Keep being the cheerful person you are. <3

Hahahaha it seems like I keep repeating 'reviews' and 'poetry' and 'prose' in here. I've to say, I don't talk much to you people about private stuffs and all or about my daily life routines or things about life I want to discuss with. I'm just not a talkative person in Internet. It's my wish to meet you guys in person and there should be more people I should appreciate, so sorry if I missed to mention you guys, just know I love you all. <3
Last edited by Lightsong on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:58 am
View Likes
deleted21 says...

My spot :3

I joined only 11 months ago. Though in the first few months I wasn't active much and I forgot my password xD but later I took a liking to this site and now stalking random users and jumping around YWS is my regular routine! You guys have no idea how many dreams I've got about this site already! Surprises me! :O

Been quite a good year overall. I've met people and sometimes tried annoying them. Surprisingly, some of them weren't much bugged and can be called friends. :)

@steampowered First person I've talked to on this site! I kind of remember that evening. You're telling about your slight weakness in mathematics and sherbet! How non-British doesn't understand what you exactly mean by it. XD I'm sorry that I left suddenly that day!

@SnazzyPencil You're one of the first that I followed. Especially because of your this post. It made me laugh :D I know we don't talk much as I'm little confused about what to talk but you are amazing and you know it! :D

@heather I was looking for some cool kid to bug and found you! xD You're really not-genius-at-all! :D And, funny how I intended to do a total PHD on you! :P You're a very interesting person and sometimes, a great friend to have!

@donizback Another cool kid! XD I succeeded to confuse you somehow, if I'm not mistaken!! Jokes apart, you're one of the kindest and nicest! I hope the best for you, mate! When you come back here, I'm sure to make a jump! :D

@dark Our first conversation was murderish! XD It's always a pleasure talking to you. I'm reading your novel and you're one awesome writer, I must say! I'm really looking forward to next summer! :)

@Deanie What can I say about you? :') You're really a very kind person who makes me feel like I'm one epic soul! :') I love your poetry, your blog and I laughed by watching a video on your blog and showed it to mum saying, "This girl is gonna take over the world someday!" :D
Another thing! In 2016, I'm gonna beat you in reading! ;)

@ThePhoenix You're one skeptical person with wicked wall posts and the creator of a great fan-fiction! And, the reason I like Fall Out Boy even more these days! :D

@Steggy Dino lady! :P It's a pleasure talking to you every time! Thanks much for your dino-facts and all those amazing wall posts you make every day! (Hope the finals were fine!) :)

@Dreamy Camera woman! Or, wise witch! :P Amazing person you are! I hope next year, we both will be reading some amazing books and click some fantastic pictures!

@NicolMemo Anime lover! XD There's a funny memory I have with you! Once, you texted with some "I like you" thing and then you sounded little embarrassed and yeah that's almost it! xD

Now, few quick shout-outs:

@ChocolateCello She's a fantastic writer!
@Storygirl95 She writes amazing short stories! I wish the best for her!
@Lightsong Great poet! His reviews are helpful too!
@willachilles He's been a very energetic member! Hope he comes back.
@TahaT11n I wish her good luck with her life and everything, she's Ben! Ben 10! :D
@CorruptedRoseJen A great, great person! :D

People I haven't got enough chance to know much but I'd love to:

@MadWriter7 (Thanks for your kind comments :) ) and you're that only person I've seen so far who tries starting sane conversations in the lounge! xD
@MemoryHunter I wonder how you can write poems so fast! :o It takes me three days to complete one! >_<
@Bipasha Hope you're enjoying your days, sister!
@Magestorrow Thanks for always telling me how I've got you addicted to C&H!
@BornLoser You're more than just a loser! :P
@Gristlecharm Nature person! ^_^ Enjoy your days!

And also, @Edelweiss @Eros @captainearth @Catlover211 @MusicalTheaterGirl17 @Deskro @DoubleOJell0 @strwbrryyy hopefully I'll get more chance to talk to you! ^3^

Now, there's that! I don't know if I missed someone. :3 It's been a great time with you all. I see many of you almost every day, your posts, the things you like, sometimes I read your reviews. I hope next year will be a great one for all of us. There'll be hard times but I'm sure we'll be there for each other. I don't know what's coming but even if we don't stay in touch much, remember this, I'll always be loving you! <3 Thanks a lot for your support, mates! :)

All the best! x
Last edited by deleted21 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:43 am, edited 6 times in total.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:02 am
View Likes
deleted5 says...

There's too many of you I know to tag, so I'll keep it short and snappy!

Thank you for another amazing year. All of you. It's been great.

As always, Hail Fanfar Lord of Flame and here's to another outstanding year! *clinks glass* :smt001
Last edited by deleted5 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:25 am
View Likes
EscaSkye says...

Reserving a spot~

@Holysocks reminded me about the Yearbook, thank goodness. I forgot all about it, ||OTL. Well, here goes:

This year, I've become closer to friends I've met last year and even made a few new ones too! I'm not sure how it all fell into place, but I feel lucky to have these group of dorks folks around. It makes things more fun, knowing you have people to be silly around with and people you can talk to about anything under the sun; so thank you, guys.

@Holysocks, ditto, bud. Thank you for listening to all the rants and vents and self-sabotage. It really helped a lot, especially those times I just wanted to sit in a corner and listen to music or stare up at the ceiling. Thanks for all the times we wrote together to. Without those, I may not have had as much practice as I do now though we don't really finish what we write either. Also, because of you, my friend group became broader. Thank you for being a bridge and generally being there. Also, we definitely have to talk more in the year to come or else I'm going to haul you to my secret dungeon. ;)

@Hattable, Number4Number4Number4 I mean, uh, yeah. Thanks for making this year more interesting, fun, and lively. Honestly, I didn't fully get your sense of humor at first, but over time, I got it and laugh time to time. We haven't really bonded much yet, per se, but I think that's something I can work on in the coming year; despite that though, I'm glad that we're friends. I feel like I can tell you tons of stuff, but we'll see, eh? ;)

@Skydreamer, SKYYYYY, heyo~ We've had our bumps and differences, but I'm glad we got through all of them together. Thank you for knocking me back to reality whenever I'm somewhere in the abyss. Without you, I might've been sulking more than I have been, and that is totally not fun. We should totally talk more again this coming year! I'm glad that despite both of us being busy because of our degrees, whenever we talk again, it's like we're just picking up from where we left off. Good luck with your studies, girl! You can do it! Also, thank you for all those late night study sessions <3. You totally didn't have to but you helped me proofread and the like. I really appreciate it.

@Rosendorn, hi Rosey! Thanks for all the art talks we've had as well as for answering my questions, especially the one concerning an internship I was eyeing. We don't really talk now, but I hope you're doing well!

@Deanie, helloooo. I'm sorry for suddenly leaving during our conversations most of the time. I don't really mean to but... eh. I'm hoping to fix that soon. You're sweet and write really great reviews! You're one of the people that helped me improve a lot in writing, so thank you. I hope you did well in your exams! Now's the time for festivities and relaxing. Pile those books away and grab a cup of cocoa. ;)

@Sunshine1113, Sunnnnyyyyy~ I hope school is doing well. We don't talk much now but I hope things are going bright for you (though judging from that one wall post of yours, it does seem like your dreams are coming true ;)). You're awesome and fun. We should talk more when we have the time to!

@steampowered, hey, steam! We don't talk much, but I have fun whenever we do, just like this afternoon my time. You sound like a really awesome person, y'know? I hope things go in your favor and that you're doing well. Thanks for all those fun chats~

@ScarlettFire, hey Scar! Thanks for listening to my rants and all the fun chats we had. Also, thank you for helping me on some decisions, like the picture thing. I hope all goes well on your end!

@Pomp, WHY ARE YOU NOT MOLDIFIED?? You're awesome, 'nuff said. Just kidding. You write really well and you inspire me with your poetry, though at the moment, I totally suck at it, dear god. I dunno... a muse of sorts? Like, how can someone write stuff like this so well (cue flailing here)? Haha. You're also really fun to talk to in chat, though your pixel body must be sore from all the tacklehugs I greeted you with. Sorry for that. I hope college continues to be fun for you and that you continue to shine~

@GeeLyria, HEEEEY SOL! I honestly thought we wouldn't bond as much as we did so far, though we haven't really talked much. It just felt like we knew each other, lol. I hope you continue to be as bright and sunny as you currently are, and if bad days come rain on your parade, you know where to find me. ;)

@elcuidador, dork. Hey, Domin! Thanks for all the chats we had and for the concern you've been extending towards me whenever I become that ostrich that would rather hide somewhere. You're fun to talk to, though I may not say it (have I? I forgot). I'm sorry I haven't chatted with you again recently. I don't really have an excuse to offer, but I'm hoping to fix it sometime. Anyway, I really like your voice, man~ Cheers to both of us in our last semester of senior year! Graduation is near! Booyah~

Finally, last but not the least: @Hiraeth. Spoiler because of length.

Spoiler! :
I'm not even sure how to start off my message for you. I guess first of all, I want to thank you. You've told me friends don't need to thank each other, and I know I've said numerous times, but I still want to say it and I mean it completely each time. Thank you for everything so far: for your patience that never seems to run out; for lending me your ears even though you might need hearing aids from all the rants and self-sabotage I stormed on you; for your understanding to the point I'm surprised you've tolerated me for this long; and for your kindness, 'cause you never left me to wander off into the dark crevices of my mind alone, even though I know you must have been doing stuff while I've been rambling on and on. There's more, but those are the things that pop up from the top of my mind. Thank you.

Next, I'd like to apologize for all the times I've been insensitive as well as for the times I haven't been a great friend. You've given me part of your time, but there were still days I was a complete butt and just... threw you off to all different directions like a spoiled little brat. I apologize, so much. You don't deserve that kind of treatment. I know there are days people are like that, but still. It's selfish and rude of me to do things like that. I'm going to strive to change that from now on. I also apologize for all the times I may have hurt you unintentionally. I never meant to, but sometimes, I forget. I'm sorry. I'm officially giving you rights to hit me in the head whenever I'm being a butt. Here, gives newspaper roll. c:

Lastly, yeah, we've had our rough times, but I'm happy we're still on this ride together. I'm not sure how my year would have ended up if you haven't been in my life. You really help in grounding me, but at the same time, lifting me up high enough that I don't fall back to whatever ditch I walked into. I'm really glad we've become friends. Here's to our future! Don't worry, I'm pretty sure it's bright, especially for you. You have this aura that helps inspire people, especially me. I still think back to what you tell me whenever I'm having tough days, and that helps in keeping me to look and walk forward. You can climb any obstacles that come your way, and if ever you find any difficulty, I'll be there willing to lend a hand no matter how high it is, or attempt to catch you if you fall down (since we both know I sometimes suck at that aspect). Stay awesome like you always are! I believe in you.

P.S: This definitely is not a Murakami book. ;)
Last edited by EscaSkye on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Not anymore.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:35 am
View Likes
Mea says...

It's been one of those years, guys. The ones where so much happens and it such a muddle of emotions you can't begin to untangle whether it's been good or bad. One where you change so much you don't think you'd recognize yourself.

This section is for me. I'm recording my thoughts, my state of mind here so I can look back on it later. Spoilered for length.

Spoiler! :
2015 has been largely overshadowed by moving again, this time further away than I've ever gone before. I first found out all the way back in February. The first half of the year was rife with insecurity, stress, worry, self-hatred, the lot. I loved my friends but felt like I wasn't as close to them as I wanted to be, and I was just going to leave them anyway. I felt alone and I felt like I wasn't a good enough person and like everyone expected me to be perfect. I was also working through my ideas on social issues and coming to terms with the fact that large numbers of people automatically hate me for my beliefs. Wonderful fuel for poetry, which I wrote a lot of, but not so much for happiness. I was scared and miserable and so very tired.

But somewhere along there, I grew. Somehow, and I really have no idea how, I gained confidence and grew comfortable with myself. I think I finally was pushed too far, and I finally decided I wouldn't let things like school take away my happiness and the things I love doing.

The second half of 2015, though if anything more stressful, was somehow easier. I think it was because I was taking control of my life and actually pursuing my goals and dreams, and even though everything else was changing, I still had that as a basis. It was actually kind of bizarre - I should have been freaking out but instead I just kind of rolled with it.

I've lost a lot this year, but I've grown a lot too. I can't honestly say whether or not I'm happy with where this year has taken me, but overall I'm all right. Here's to a less crazy and hopefully less stressful 2016.

This section is for you guys. <3 Tbh, one of my biggest regrets for 2015 is not spending more time talking to you all. Hopefully that will change this coming year. Anyway, I'm bad at sappy stuff, but here you go. I'm sure I'm forgetting people, though.

@Skydreamer - I love your poetry, it's amazing, and I really appreciate all your positive comments on mine. It felt so nice in April to know someone actually liked some of the the super-angsty stuff I was writing. And in general you're just such a nice and encouraging person. I really want us to talk more.

@Lightsong - YAAAS SANDERSON BUDDIES. <3 Seriously, there aren't enough of those around. Geeking out with you is great, and I'm really enjoying following your novel. You're a pretty cool person.

@SpiritedWolfe - Following Apparition has been so much fun, and reading and critiquing it has taught me a lot about writing. I'm so glad you're back now. We haven't talked in ages, but I'd really like us to.

@Carlito - Your feedback on Shaping Faith has been immeasurable. Like seriously, if nothing else it's just provided me with the motivation to keep going no matter what. And I'm so glad I offered to work on Captive, because it's a pretty awesome book and I feel privileged to be playing a small part in its development. I have no doubt that you will be published someday. Certainly much sooner than I'll be. :P

@Wolfie36 - Thank you so much for following Shaping Faith! Your reviews make me blush a little every time I read them, just because they're so positive and encouraging. I'm really grateful for your input, and I'm so glad you're enjoying it.

@Nightcrawler - I know we haven't talked really at all, but I just wanted to say that your poetry has touched my heart many times, and there are a couple that will always be among my favorite literary works on here. <3 I think it's awesome that your family is adopting, and I wish you the best of luck with the adoption!

@DragonWriter22 I'm so glad we're friends irl. Chatting with you is so much fun. And you're just generally an awesome person. So yeah. xD

And I'm just going to mention @ChocolateCello, @fortis, @TriSARAHtops, @Dracula, @Deanie, @Falconer, @Hattable, and @Snoink because even though I haven't really talked to you all, each one of you has inspired me or made me smile many times, and I really appreciate that. I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton of people in this list, but oh well.

Anyway, love you all, and here's to a great 2016!
Last edited by Mea on Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
— Jules de Gaultier