Young Writers Society

The YWS 2015 Yearbook!

207 Reviews

Reviews: 207
Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:54 am
View Likes
Rin321 says...

Hi! I am here to mention some of my greatest people and friends on here! :

SnazzyPencil wrote:@CHRISSY321 - You're such a great friend. I always enjoy our chats, and I know I can rant on and on to you about band. <3 You're truly awesome. :D

]

Thanks @SnazzyPencil! Same about you and so much more! I know that we have had a great year, becoming as great friends as we have, that we will have another wonderful year! PS congrats on being last FM of 2015, and first of 2016 :D

Now, just as equally I want to appreciate @steampowered ! You along with Snazzy are my YWS BEST FRIENDS! Along with my band rants with Snazz, and our REALLY personal talks with you Steam, you really help. You have really helped me so much this year, letting me vent, and helping me when I really needed a friend to listen during a really big turning point in my life, and I never want you to think that I did not appreciate that! <3 <3 <3

Along I also want to mention my little new chat buddy @jessiebear ! She has been my new little chat buddy for the past about week and a half now- and is one of our newer members! Welcome! :D

I also want to thank for my little not as frequent chats with @Sweater and @Hattable! You guys are not forgotten ;)

I also want to say I was happy to make my secret santa gift for @Kanome! It was fun, and I got to know a few facts about a YWS member to whom I had not known- which was awesome! :D

Now I want to give some great credit to some great reviewers around here to which I have noticed!
@Dracula,@Steggy,@InfiniteRectangles,@Pretzelstick,@Meandbooks,
@SnazzyPencil,@Firestarter,@GLaDOS, and so many more! These are just some I could name at the top of my head that I could remember seeing frequent reviews from!

Now I want to mention @Eros,@Dracula,@Deanie and @EternalRain! These are my gals who always respond and compliment when I post pictures of my nails, lol. Just you guys doing that can make my day :D

@Sunshine1113 I just want to mention how I love when we talk about how spoiled our dogs are! :P God knows I post enough about them! XD

@r4p17, I want to mention you because I was the one who felt the need to screenshot you being alone in a room alone with some 'funky orangutans' XD and you humored me :P

@Pretzelstick I want to mention you because you are also just a great member I see around here! You do great reviews, and you seem to be all over the site! :D

@Justateenagewriter I want to thank you because you asked me for help when you were first on here. I always offer to new people, and you were the first to actually do it. :D You made me feel so honored! Thanks so much!

There are so many other people I want to mention-but the reasons are kind of silly-I just want to overall thank everyone on this site to whom even gave me a thought.

Last thing- I guess I just want to thank all of the people who follow me- because I am flattered that you do! :D :

@Nightcrawler
@Steggy
@Blaspherica
@backroadstraveler
@Pretzelstick
@CandyWizard
@EternalRain
@Dracula
@InfiniteRectangles
@Noelle
@Sunshine1113
@Rydia
@Elysium
@Deanie
@Justateenagewriter
@RadiantShadow
@Storygirl95
@r4p17
@Autumns
@CuriosityCat
@Sweater
@niteowl
@Hattable
@Reneia
@WaltzingDreams
@Duncan
@Odd
@Eros
@jessiebear
@Meandbooks
@Atsmai
@steampowered
@TahaT11n
@Arkhaion
@KatyaElefant
@Savvy
@Amnesia
@Sherri
@americanidol82
@Morrigan
@NicolMemo
@GuyFieri
@Artemis28
@Big Brother
@SnazzyPencil
@ThereseCricket
@Iamawriter
@cleverclogs
@Questio
@godlypopo
@willachilles
@dogsrule5
@racket
@RoyalHighness
@Keepwriting
@fallenoutofgrace
@TiffanyToy
@TheOtakuLord
@Mazuurek
@Deadpool
@GLaDOS
@hmcg
@writer97
@nadair
@Panda11
@donizback
@Nargles
@alwaysbehappy2
@Tay01
@JamesLluis123
@LilyLateatNight
@runandhide
@Roundsquare
@ClippedWings
@Ziploc
@AttackOfTheFlash
@stephanieblue
@Dessie
@Nightshade21
@HUA
@birta
@Whosabell
@WrittenGirl46
@yusraali
@Rejected21
@thays

You know I appreciate you all because it took be literally 20 minutes to put all of you down! :smt016

Hope I covered everyone! Love you all! Thanks for a WONDERFUL Year! I am so excited to be here for another! :D :smt040 :smt050 :smt081 :elephant: :smt101
Last edited by Rin321 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a funtastic awesome writer-
what are you?

You are an awesome writer as well-that is what you are

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:58 am
View Likes
Storygirl95 says...

Awwwww, thank you! We appreciate you too! :D

To 2016 we go! :)
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:17 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Thank you a lot CHRISSY321 I do like to talk to you to and you know you can talk to me any time. :D just let me no when you need some one and I will talk to you if you wont. And I will talk about any thing you wont to talk about I will even talk about your nails :D .
And just let me no when you have stuff that needs to be reviewed because I will review them for you and I will let you no when I have stuff that need to be reviewed and I will give all the work you tell me about likes. :D
And this yare I hope we come the best of friends. :) And maybe stay friends for ever.
And thank you for machining me in the yare book.
And I hope you have a good year. :D

From jessiebear. :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :)
FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:52 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

There are times when words fail me. Yearbook posts are basically always those times. Shoutouts are never enough, and I always end up forgetting someone. And I don't want to forget anyone. So instead, here is my message for YWS:

You are important. You, the person reading these words right now. You contribute something, even if all you do is read works, like posts, and stay in chat. Even if you haven't submitted something yet, or haven't in a long time, or haven't ever. You're still making YWS what it is.

You are that person who brightens someone's day when they notice their views and likes go up. You are the person making others smile when they're going through their old posts and notice somebody paid attention. You're the reason writers create anything, because as much as "write for yourself" is important, having an audience is one of the single most validating things for a writer to have. You are the person hanging out and making YWS the weird, wonderful, welcoming place that it is, even if all you do is lurk and talk when you feel like it.

There is no wrong way to be a YWSer, and there is no wrong way to be a friend. No matter how little you feel you contribute, you bring something to this site. I promise. I know it can be hard to remember you contribute something when you feel like everyone else contributes more, but there is no contribution too small. By existing, you are contributing to something better.

You matter. And please don't forget it.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:36 pm
View Likes
ChocolateCello says...

2015's almost over... wow

Okay, I just joined in June of this year but I feel like I've been around a lot longer. I've really fallen in love with this wonderful site and all the people on it so I guess I'll have to make some shoutouts-

First shoutout to @racket who not only told me about the site but welcomed me and showed me the ropes when I joined (And some of the ropes after I joined- I'm still a little lost)

Next maybe @IncohesiveScribbles ? We don't talk a lot, and honestly I don't know if I even follow you (wait, yes I do) But you were the first review on my first work and your kind words really encouraged me to keep working and improving on my writing.

!!!!!!! @cleverclogs !!!!!!! Okay, you were the second review on my first work and like IncohesiveScribble, you really encouraged me to continue writing. We didn't talk a ton at first and now I find myself checking to see if you're online whenever I get on (We haven't chatted all winter break and it's killing me a bit) I would say more but nool, I'm lazy.

@Nightcrawler -Okay, I think you were one of my followers and I've met you like twice but I really admire your writing like 'goals' and I always get really pumped when you post something new because it's always so heartfelt and beautiful and ahh okay I'm done

Another one of my first followers/welcomers- @steampowered . Other than night and racket, you were one of my only welcomers so yay. I think you may have been one of the people who took interest in my discussion about voldemort's shampoo? *Checks* Yep, that was you.

@MeandBooks - I met you pretty early on too. (I'm just scrolling through my profile on the furthest back page and you appear quite a few times) You were always willing to reply to my noob-y posts and that was great (And I'm still dying for worlds collide *Sigh* ;) )

@willachilles It's been awhile since you were last on but I remember always loving your work and posts (And I really hope you post more Faith soon)

@Blablabl92 Okay- I could make a paragraph about you but imma stick to YWS-related material. First off, you introduced me to the amazing racket who showed me to this site so indirectly you're the resonish I'm here. I really enjoy writing with you too (We've abandoned quite a few characters in quite a few sucky places but-) We should try to start something again soon

@claire72 I doubt you go on here anymore but you're the queen on losers and I hope your sim doesn't die in a fire again (Tell LN and KT I say hi)

@Hattable - You tend to post pretty interesting stuff and I really admire your consistency with the avvie theme

@Stranger - Again, someone I don't talk to, but thank you for all the wonderful reviews. They've really helped me improve on my writing (At least I think I've improved a bit...)

And shoutout to some other people who I don't talk to a lot and who might not even know I exist but who are some of the first that some to my mind when I think about YWS

@TheSilverFox
@MergSword (A always thought it was megsword...)
@Lightsong
@Eros
@Sunshine1113
@Magestorrow
@Steggy
@herbgirl
@mialynire (Wait, you tagged me in your thing so you must know I exist *Celebrates internally*)
@SnazzyPencil

I probably forgot a ton of people and I'm super sorry but I appreciate every soul on this site. Happy new years!
"I don't know what to put as my signature."
Cello, Chocolate. Cello's Internal Narration. Young Writers Society: Edit Signature, 2016.

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:29 pm
View Likes
steampowered says...

This is a brief post, but I'm going to tag a load of people. :)

First of all, I'm going to tag the fabulous @CandyWizard. You're my best friend on this site, and we never seem to stop talking!

Also tagging @CHRISSY321 and @Lau2001 because we've had some amazing chats and I always look for you on the chat bar whenever I'm online. Thanks Chrissy for all the general awesomeness, and thank you to Lau for being such a great fangirl!

@Pretzelstick - it feels like no time at all since we first started talking and yet it feels like forever. We've both got so much older and wiser and it's been amazing to share that experience with you. Also, you left an absolutely fab review on Dream Sequence for which I haven't thanked you properly. You rock!

@Sherri and @mephistophelesangel - you're two awesome people who I very rarely get the chance to talk to, but I always look out for you on the chat bar nonetheless. Sherri, we've had some great conversations, and mephis, you remain to this day the only person who ever drew me fanart. I envy your artistic skills so much.

Another person I want to mention is @Deanie. It's kind of funny that we didn't really talk a whole lot before I became a mod (I was kind of intimidated by you, to be honest) but you've been so nice to me and your writing is truly awesome!

I'm going to also tag @Pomp, @Hattable, @Sagitta, @Blues and @Blaspherica.

@Pomp - I still haven't got over that name, even though I always called you Momma Pomp. You'll always be my YWS momma. <3
@Hattable - We kind of don't talk that much at the moment, probably because my activity's been so low lately, but we should definitely catch up at some point!
@Sagitta - You are fantabulous. I love your writing so much and you like anime, so you're awesome!
@Blues - Well, I don't communicate with you much on YWS, but you always have a lot of very true stuff to say and you're the best person I can talk to when I need to rant about politics or whatever.
@Blaspherica - You're amazingly good fun to talk to and you're super cool! The one thing I don't like about your new username, though, is that I can no longer bug you by sending you stupid messages like "Hi Tuesday, guess what? It's not Tuesday today!" Well, I still try, but... yeah. It doesn't have quite the same ring to it. ;)

If I haven't mentioned you, it doesn't mean you're forgotten! It's just that if I tagged everybody awesome, this single post would take up an entire page of the thread! Have a great 2016, everybody, and I hope much amazingness comes your way! <3
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:31 pm
View Likes
Prokaryote says...

@Sweater change your name back, punk. And thanks for being such a qt.

Everyone else: yer alright

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:37 pm
View Likes
amelie says...

When I joined Young Writers Society, I was not sure what to expect. I didn't know anything about it, I just knew that it had something to do with writing. Here are some shout-outs to some people who mean more than they think they do to me.

Thank you @Iggy for reviewing my first story that I posted. While it was a harsh review, I needed it more than I thought I did.

Thanks to @hyperview. While we know little of each-other, your “yo, waffle”'s always cheer me up when I log on to the chat room.

Thank you to @atsmai @AdrianMoon @Arkhaion @lostthought @Stranger and @Hattable for simply putting up with me in the chat room. We are not friends and we are nearly acquaintances, but I can be a difficult and hyper person at times and you put up with it.

@Enemy , your stories were always a treat. They captivate me, I really want to hear more.

I tend to scare people away. I don't know why. People need to know me to understand me, so I ask that you are patient with me. So, in 2016, my resolution for Young Writers Society is that I am an easier person. That I can talk without putting people to sleep. That I can be heard, and not misunderstood.
Happy New Year to the Young Writers Society community, I wish you all the best in 2016.
:D
Waffle~

207 Reviews

Reviews: 207
Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:07 am
View Likes
Rin321 says...

jessiebear wrote:Thank you a lot CHRISSY321 I do like to talk to you to and you know you can talk to me any time. :D just let me no when you need some one and I will talk to you if you wont. And I will talk about any thing you wont to talk about I will even talk about your nails :D .
And just let me no when you have stuff that needs to be reviewed because I will review them for you and I will let you no when I have stuff that need to be reviewed and I will give all the work you tell me about likes. :D
And this yare I hope we come the best of friends. :) And maybe stay friends for ever.
And thank you for machining me in the yare book.
And I hope you have a good year. :D

From jessiebear. :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :)

Thanks @jessiebear! Though the many spelling errors- the awesome message was clear! Thanks so much, and I do hope we become great friends! :) <3

Also- Thanks s much for the shoutout @steampowered! <3 <3 <3
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a funtastic awesome writer-
what are you?

You are an awesome writer as well-that is what you are

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:04 pm
Brigadier says...

I am not quite sure how to write a post to the yearbook, but here I am anyway. Let me just start by saying, that in just a few months YWS has become very important to me. I have not met many people, just a few, but I am glad to have met them. I know some people name their friends but I only have a few.

- I would like to thank @Amindor, for being the first person to review my novel chapter. That was my first story and I really had no clue what I was writing. I had the idea for years but thank for the advice to make it even better.
- To @Magestorrow, let me thank you for writing such a thorough review of my legend. It was one of the best reviews I had read at the time and gave me the inspiration to write better reviews.
- Not sure how I am going to do this but I would like to thank everybody I have ever talked to in the chat. This list would be, maybe 20 to 30 users. Most of the advice I have gotten so far has come from chat, from advice on reviews to making me feel better.
-Just a quick thank you to @TheSilverFox, for putting up with my endless questions in chat.

I have reached goals at YWS and in my own life. On YWS I reached goals I never thought I would when I first joined. I reached one star, then two, and by my next yearbook post I will hopefully have a third. I have been writing and re-writing the same novel for the past couple years and at last I have been able to share it with someone. I am grateful for those who reviewed my works and the advice was needed.

I have been happy to participate in two review days so far, and with each review I write they improve. I recently went back and edited my first review, horrified to even think for a second I wrote that. My first review would have barely counted as a paragraph and my most recent was four or five. I wish I had read more advice on reviewing before I started. This was a mistake on my part, so I now write welcome messages with advice about reviewing.

I had a great time on YWS during 2015, from just writing reviews to publishing my own works. Hopefully 2016 will be just as fun.
-lizzy
Last edited by Brigadier on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:15 pm
Iamawriter says...

Thanks! :)
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Isaiah 41:10 KJV

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:12 pm
GLaDOS says...

We love you, Chrissy. Happy New Year! :D
mae?

The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians