933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:00 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

SECRET SANTA: 2015

Due Date: December 15th 11:59 PST

Hello one and hello all! Welcome to Secret Santa, a YWS event that has happened, on and off, for the past few years now, but something I would like to make an annual thing! This is an event in which you are assigned to be an anonymous Secret Santa to a member of the site. To enter, members will fill out the form below and post it in this topic. When the time comes, I will take all the names of the participants and put them into a hat, then randomly draw names and assign aforementioned name to a SS! I will then send you the name of your recipient and it's now YOUR job to complete a gift for them. It's a very fun thing to do, something you have all probably done at least once in your lives (I hope).

Before we can get to the form, though, there are some rules. These terms are final and non-negotiable. Violation of these rules will result in your disqualification from the event, so listen close and listen well, because ignorance will not be taken as an excuse!

01: You are to keep the name of your recipient anonymous. After the event is over (and that's when I say it's over), anyone is allowed to come forward and share the name of their recipient, either publicly or privately. This is not mandatory; if you wish to not know or to keep your recipient private, then you are more than welcome to. Sharing the name of your recipient either with friends or with the recipient before the event is over is not allowed, period. It's SECRET Santa, peopleee.

02: Do not enter this event if you do not have the time to finish your gift. It isn't fair that you'll receive a gift and someone else won't because of whatever excuse you have to give. It's not cool, so don't do it.

03: If, for some reason, you need to drop out of the event or you know that there will be a delay with turning in your gift, then PM me right away.

04: All gifts will not involve any sort of real-life transaction of goods or money. There should be no exchanging of addresses, Paypal accounts, etc. Any requests for such information should be immediately reported to a staff member. YWS is not responsible for any off-site transactions.

05: Please respect your SS' form. If they say they don't like something, don't do it. If they request something, do your best to fill that request. It's up to you to explore that person's profile to get a better idea of what they're like if you don't quite know them that well. Subtly asking them questions is fine, but be cautious and don't make them suspicious! Just do your best to make a gift they will like and I promise that they will appreciate you for it. :)

06: There will be no requests for a new name draw. Take what you get and make the most of it. This event is to help open you to new friendships, not so it can be dominated by cliques.

07: Please post your completed form here.

08: PLEASE be appreciative of what you get. This person put a LOT of hard work into making something for you, so be nice and enjoy what you've got.

09: HAVE FUN!

Okay, now for the best part... the form!

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name/Alias:[/b]
[b]Interests:[/b]
[b]Color Preferences:[/b]
[b]Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:[/b]
[b]Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:[/b]
[b]Favorite Books/Fandoms:[/b]
[b]Preferred Type of Gift:[/b] Gif set, graphic, writing, etc.
[b]What Do You NOT Want to Get?:[/b] As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc. Please do not put "I don't want a crappy gift" or anything like that. Be nice or Santa will give you coal.
[b]Other:[/b]

I forgot to say that by entering and COMPLETING this event, you are eligible for a December Event badge, made by the lovely @Lumi! Please note that failing to complete a gift will result in you not getting a badge.

Have fun, you crazy kids!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

207 Reviews

Reviews: 207
Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:07 am
Rin321 says...

do we PM you back the form?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a funtastic awesome writer-
what are you?

You are an awesome writer as well-that is what you are

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:12 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

You post it here.

My form:

Username: Iggy
Name/Alias: Kellie, Kels
Interests: Reading, writing, coloring, listening to music, playing games, harvesting souls, etc.
Color Preferences: dark blues and pinks
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: lmao chatroom prolly
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Breaking Bad, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Sense8, The Walking Dead, Gone Girl, EVERYTHING DISNEY, Game of Thrones, iZombie, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Coraline, Kingdom Hearts, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon (Diamond & Black)
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Hunger Games, Harry Potter, The Host, If I Stay, Where She Went, anything by Jessica Day George
Preferred Type of Gift: Surprise me.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Good with anything. :)
Other: I like cats.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

207 Reviews

Reviews: 207
Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:17 am
View Likes
Rin321 says...

okay, here I go:
*** I LOVE doing secret Santas'!**** :D

CHRISSY321:

Christina:

Love Reading, writing, spending time with my pet dog:

favorite all time color is PURPLE (second is blue):

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS? The mini Chat bar/Publishing center:

Taylor swift is my favorite artist, and I love Scream:the TV series.:

My favorite book series of all time are: Hungergames, Harry Potter, GateKeepers:

I would like a Gif set or a nice short story or work that may have to do with my 'likes :D :

Would not appreciate some half-fast simple done image:

Thanks to whomever my SS will be! :D
Roses are red
Violets are blue
I am a funtastic awesome writer-
what are you?

You are an awesome writer as well-that is what you are

:superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman: :superman:

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:25 am
View Likes
Willard says...

Username: Stranger
Name/Alias: Willard, Dragon Slayer
Interests: Writing, film, acting, having a sense of humor, debate
Color Preferences: Black
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Chat room, probably.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:
Artists: Jeff Rosenstock, Andrew Jackson Jihad, Neutral Milk Hotel, Jackson Pollock.
Songs: Apartment by Modern Baseball, You Will Never Go To Space by TWIABP, other crap.
Shows: Jeopardy!. I'm not kidding you. Other shows suck. Except for Master of None, but that's Netflix.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: The Stranger by Albert Camus and High Fidelity by Nick Hornby. One book is, of course, a given, and the other is written by Albert Camus.
Preferred Type of Gift: Love. I want your love. Most preferably, writing of some sorts, something odd. I want something odd. With a tad bit of Swahili. Don't leave me disappointed, please.
Oh yeah, and try to mention Randy Savage in it, please. That would make me beyond happy.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Don't ship me with anyone, that's odd. Also, no ad-libs or anything. That was one odd gift. Basically, make sure it's something you enjoy making, not something you have to make because you want to see someone write you an adorable poem.
Other: Swahili.
Last edited by Willard on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:29 am
Steggy says...

Username: Stegosaurus

Name/Alias: Steggy

Interests: Drawing, writing, rambling about dinosaurs.

Color Preferences: Blue or Green. I'm not picky.

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Storybooks.

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Doctor Who (even though I haven't watched it yet), and Sherlock (likewise). I watched a couple of seasons of How I Met Your Mother. Jurassic World and all Disney movies.
-Dreams Come True by Brandon Flowers
-Hallelujah by Panic! At The Disco
-Sharks In The Water by The Cocktails

Favorite Books/Fandoms: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Whovian, Jurassic Park (the book).

Preferred Type of Gift: Gifs or just simple note, maybe a drawing perhaps.

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Something unlegiable-- sloppy handwriting. Yellow lettering (it is sorta kinda hard to read). Otherwise, I like to get anything.

Other: Dinosaurs and Disney. <3
Last edited by Steggy on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

325 Reviews

Reviews: 325
Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:51 am
tigeraye says...

Username: tigeraye
Name/Alias: tigeraye
Interests: Cooking, Criminology, Sociology, Psychology, but not Biology
Color Preferences: Blue
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Skulking the peoples tab
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: George Lopez, Breaking Bad, Roseanne, Three's Company and The Nanny are some of my favorite shows. This is my favorite song but I'm kind of eeh on Ozzy otherwise, heheh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0LhVSc2zqI
Favorite Books/Fandoms: My favorite authors I guess are Roald Dahl and Lemony Snicket
Preferred Type of Gift: No real preference, but I'd like a small resemblance of effort at least...
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Not picky, make what you'd like :)
Other: I like optical illusions.
dot

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:59 am
rainforest says...

Username: Elysium
Name/Alias: Elly
Interests: Art, music, poetry, and debates
Color Preferences: Blue
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Chat Room
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Artists: Nirvana, Pierce the Veil, My Chemical Romance, and Arctic Monkeys.
Songs: Come As You Are, Caraphernelia, Do I Wanna Know, and Mama
TV Shows: The Simpsons and Ink Masters
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Hunger Games
Preferred Type of Gift: Art or poetry. I am open to any genre of poetry.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Things ineligible, take your time and enjoy making this item.
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:50 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Username: TriSARAHtops
Name/Alias: Sarah or Tri usually, but I'll answer to anything that vaguely resembles my username
Interests: reading, writing (gasp!), music, science (particularly physics)
Color Preferences: I'm a big fan of the colour blue
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: I'm not entirely sure. Forums, at a guess.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Right! Artists would be Franz Ferdinand, Lunatics on Pogosticks, Bad Pony, The Wombats, San Cisco. Songs wouls be too long a list, although now I think of it I listed some favourites pretty recently in this blog post. Shows are Buffy, Nowhere Boys (where my avvie is from), The X-Files and Ready For This. Kinda Doctor Who, but Russel T Davies era.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: Code Name Verity, The Raven Cycle, Leviathan trilogy are my absolute favourites.
Preferred Type of Gift: Pretty much anything!
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Nothing comes to mind
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:20 am
View Likes
Rook says...

Username: fortis
Name/Alias: fortissimo! forte! 40! fort!
Interests: writing, reading, drawing, painting, digitally manipulating, theater, singing, eating, sleeping, learning.
Color Preferences: Gray! and like, lilac, sea foam green, turquoise, sunset orange <3 But mostly gray. c:
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Poetry, chatroom, the green room!
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Idk. I really like Leonid Afremov's stuff. And I like a lot of different music, but not really the stuff that plays on the radio. Not a huge fan of pop stuff. Nor of metal or screamo or country. Everything else is pretty fair game though.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: The Name of the Wind is definitely my favorite book. I do like Harry Potter though. I'm a Hufflepuff!
Preferred Type of Gift: Anything you're proud of making or putting together, I'd love to receive. Effort really wins me over ^^
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Coal from Santa D: But also something you just put twenty seconds into.
Other: Volcano pl0x. I don't care how or where. Volcano.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:00 am
Apricity says...

Username:Hiraeth

Name/Alias:Sub, Subby, Flite (and any variation of that), Hir, Hira, Hiro

Interests:writing, reading, drawing, knitting, running, music, exploring, gaming, learning,

Color Preferences:Don't make the entire thing hot pink please. Light green or emerald, sky blue, purple, teal

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?:Resources ;), GR, lurking around

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:This is kinda hard for me, my music shifts whenever.

Favorite Books/Fandoms:I love anything that is written by Haruki Murakami, that man is my spiritual other half. Kurt Vonnegut is great, I really like Patrick Rothfuss and Robin Hobb too. <3

Preferred Type of Gift: To be honest I don't mind, I like surprises and the thought counts the most. c:

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: If I find out who you are, and if I drop by and asks you 'did you enjoy making that gift?' and if that answer is a 'no'. Then I don't want that gift. Enjoy the process.

Other:Hunter x Hunter <3
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:48 pm
Carlito says...

Username: Carlito

Name/Alias: Carly

Interests: reading/writing (duh), literally all the crafts (paper and yarn are probably my favorite mediums), psychology, music (especially piano), learning things

Color Preferences: Purple <3 (I much prefer cool colors and black/grey/white)

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: reviewing

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Christina Perri (she's my spirit animal), Paramore, Rachel Platten, A Great Big World
(For songs literally everything by them - don't make me pick favorites :p)
Shows = Parenthood, Orange is the New Black, Locked Up Abroad,

Favorite Books/Fandoms: Harry Potter (is everything), also a huge Disney person (top five = the lion king, beauty & the beast, Pocahontas, Mulan, tangled).
I have too many favorite books but basically everything by John Green and Gayle Forman.

Preferred Type of Gift: I'm extremely easy to please. Something you put thought into and that you have fun making.

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I hate the color orange. But again, easy to please.

Other: lions <3
Last edited by Carlito on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:20 pm
View Likes
birk says...

Username: Birkhoff

Name/Alias: Christian

Interests: Writing, reading, film, travel, culture, history, music.

Color Preferences: Blue.

Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: These days? Probably the chatroom.

Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.:
Artist: Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five, Queen, Linkin Park, Mumford & Sons, Adele etc.
Series: Lost, GoT, TWD, Fargo, Friends, etc etc. Too many.

Favorite Books/Fandoms:
I love everything Middle Earth.
Fave books: Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, Solaris by Stanislaw Lem, Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, Don Quixote by Cervantes, The Gunslinger by Stephen King.

Preferred Type of Gift: If you draw me something, or write me a short story, that would be amazing. Especially if either of them include myself battling it out with a horde of disco zombies.

What Do You NOT Want to Get?: I don't really want gifs.

Other: Martin Freeman is my spirit animal.
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:48 pm
View Likes
Persistence says...

Username: CandyWizard
Name/Alias: Martin
Interests: Other than writing, soccer, particularly Liverpool FC, movies, shows, and games
Color Preferences: I like green and blue, but any colour is fine ^^
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Chat, just talking to people, the People tab, and I've recently got into Storybooks.
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: Arrow, The Flash, Adventure Time, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Vikings, Firefly, Spartacus, Battlestar Galactica, Peaky Blinders, Rick and Morty, Mr Robot, Castle, Futurama, Pokemon. (Wow, I have a lot of shows >.> )
Favorite Books/Fandoms: The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Batman, Star Wars, Skyrim. (I know they're not all books, but they're fandoms, so...)
Preferred Type of Gift: Any type of gift is appreciated, really.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: Other than coal, I wouldn't want to get anything from any romantic story, especially featuring vampires and werewolves. I'm not talking down on any fandoms, it's just that these are not very much to my liking.
Other:Thank you, whoever my Secret Santa is, for taking the time to make a gift for someone. And thank you, Iggy, for making this fun event happen. ^^
Last edited by Persistence on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:49 pm
Gravity says...

Username: Gravity
Name/Alias: Rose
Interests: Singing, piano, reading, writing, a cappella (not pentatonix! mostly collegiate a cappella, fav group as either all night yahtzee or pitch slapped. also love acabelles, no comment and of course, the barden bellas!), art, lots of art.
Color Preferences: PURPLE and dark red, like a wine color. Also love soft yellows, turqoise, greens, etc.
Where do you spend most of your time on YWS?: Storybooking. Definitely the storybooks. Oh! and Squills, I write for Gruno and I'm an Editor
Favorite Artists/Songs/Shows/etc.: I love alternative and indie pop music. My favorite band ever is Florence + The Machine (mostly the songs from Lungs), I also love The 1975, American Authors, Fall Out Boy, The Wombats, Imagine Dragons, Carolina Liar (extremely hard to find stuff for this band, I've tried), Birdy and all the a cappella gorups I mentioned before. Shows? Love pretty little liars, switched at birth, Heroes, Lost (by far my favorite), Salem, Dance Academy (another of my favorites, I'm obsessed with ballet) and erm... yeah. OH! Love Reign! I even started a storybook based on Reign. 90210 (the new one) yeah... lots of stuff.
Favorite Books/Fandoms: HARRY POTTER! Divergent,
Preferred Type of Gift: Gif set, graphic, writing, etc. I prefer something visual, maybe a drawing or a graphic or a gif. Last year someone did a collage for me full of my favorite things which I loved. Something funny would be cool or something serious, you could sing a song, really anything.
What Do You NOT Want to Get?: As in, disliked fandoms/ships, colors you don't like, etc. Please do not put "I don't want a crappy gift" or anything like that. Be nice or Santa will give you coal.
Okay, I hate Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, anime, One Direction, J Beebs (Justin Bieber)
Other: I love galaxy print so that's always something good to throw in. It doesn't have to be fancy, I just want something thoughtful. I promise I will love anything you do!
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— -Apple Inc.