z

Young Writers Society

Getting to Know Your Character

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:56 pm
NicoleBri says...

Hello there, it is I nicolebri. I wanted to write this post on behalf of @niteowl 's Writing Gooder post from May. Not everyone actually reads blogs but they still come on here. Anyway, the point in this post is to get to know your character better. :)

In the spoiler below you will find some information asked of you to answer for one of your characters. :) Have fun with it and post your answers below!

Spoiler! :
1.Make a playlist of 10-12 songs based on one of your characters.

2.Find or create a recipe for your character’s signature drink (does not have to be alcoholic). Bonus points if you actually make it!

3.What is your character’s favorite food? Find a recipe that they would love and make it if you can.

4.Draw a character or setting from your story. Bonus points if you suck at drawing (like me) and do it anyway.

5.Go to Amazon and create a “wish list” for your character. What would they want if they had Internet access and unlimited funds? Alternatively, you could browse a physical store.

*** If you would like, you could totally post your pictures you draw on this thread. We all would love to see them. :) You will get 5 points for each question you answer and an additional 5 if you post pics of your drawings for the character you choose.

(Put your character name in bold letters so we can see who it is you chose and you can even give us more information about him/her if you'd like.

Enjoy.

@niteowl I hope you are okay with this, if not I can take it down.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:27 pm
Storygirl95 says...

My character Jenna loves to get a White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks. She gets whipped cream but she also gets skim milk because she likes to think it balances itself out in calories that way. :)
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle