z

Young Writers Society

A small surprise awaits [solved]

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:00 pm
Nate says...

A small surprise awaits, and I've left a series of clues around the site to activate it. The first clue is 2, and it's about you, me, and everyone.

It's been solved thanks to StellaThomas! The small surprise was a few style changes in honor of the very old Chimped Out theme.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:07 pm
micamouth says...

Hm, interesting. I love these kind of things ^^
formerly Sagitta

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:25 pm
Steggy says...

As for what @Sagitta said, I love these :)
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

425 Reviews

Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:47 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

The "first clue is 2" is probably just a bit too cryptic, so I've added to it:

"The first clue is 2, and it's about you, me, and everyone."

425 Reviews

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:09 am
View Likes
Nate says...

It's been solved! @StellaThomas unlocked: Chimped Out Theme!

It's a temporary theme -- it will only be around for about 24 hours.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:36 am
View Likes
Mea says...

What were all the clues?

is too lazy to go find them
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

425 Reviews

Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

The clues right now aren't visible as they're only on the default theme, which isn't available right now. But, they were displayed in a green box where the top ad usually is when you were on the correct page. The following is the list of the clues and their answers:

First Clue: The first clue is 2.

This was in the mass PM for the radio show, in a comment on my profile, and in the first comment of this thread. The answer was the second topic (topic2.html).

Second Clue: I was one of the first moderators on YWS, and had the highest score on the once downtime YWS classic, Hit the Penguin. Who am I?

If you do a search for "high score hit the penguin," you'll see that it's ElectricBlueMonkey!

Third Clue: QSBtb2RlcmF0b3IsIGEgWVdTZXIsIGFuZCBhIG1vbmtleSB3YWxrIGludG8gYSBiYXI=

I was a bit mean with this one! It's a string encoded in base 64, which when decoded gives you: A moderator, a YWSer, and a monkey walk into a bar

Fourth Clue: You're getting warm! And so is this YWSer's (well-known for a pyromaniac username) first status update.

The answer of course is Firestarter's first status update: profile.php?u=24&c=1205

Fifth clue: Fourth from the top. I AM TEH PENGUIN OF DOOM! Oh geez, I'm so random!

Fourth from the top, or number 4 in the all-time literary spotlight list, which is:
If Random Were a Language, I Would Eat Chocolate

Sixth clue: August 2005 was totally my month!

It's the featured member! For August 2005, it was DarkerSarah.

Seventh Clue: Take the id of this page, and oh, when is the game gonna start?

DarkerSarah's profile id is 134. The game refers to Word Wars. So, that gives you:
wordwars.php?mode=play&id=134

Eighth Clue: I'm pretty sure I saw the words 'Young Writers Society is awesome-possum' in the clouds yesterday...

The clouds refer to word clouds. If you go to the YWS word cloud generator and enter 'Young Writers Society is awesome-possum' (without the quotes), you'll get the last and final clue. That part still works, so go and try it!

pain is that feeling when you are feeling hurt, but it never goes away leaving me hurt. oh it hurts.
— Dragonthorn