Young Writers Society

How Did You Come Up With Your Username?

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:11 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Mine username is a mash of two of my favorite characters created in a video game: Jhin and Jinx.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:17 am
WritingWolf says...

Well, originally I came up with it when I was kind of young. At the time my sister always went by ArtCat, and I thought it would be cute if we had matching usernames. So I picked something I like to do (Writing) and my favorite animal (Wolves) and smashed them together like she had done. So together we where ArtCat and WritingWolf. :)

I do think I may be growing out of it. It's been like six years. I just haven't settled on something else yet.
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:45 pm
steampowered says...

Because I wanted a steampunk username and I forgot steampowered.com was a thing...
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:53 pm
RubyRed says...

People kept telling me, "Keep writing!"
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:40 pm
View Likes
JediDeadpool says...

I just really love Deadpool, but I'm not exactly THE Deadpool. I also love jedis, so BOOM
JediDeadpool
Last edited by JediDeadpool on Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely,
A Humble YWS User.

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
~ Steven Wright ~

Every cat ish my little dark knight<3

Spoiler! :
Used to be Watchdog1324

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:27 pm
View Likes
RadiantShadow says...

I have always been the small girl in class, known as the normal constant one that kept the peace in all drama. Once I was the one that got into a fight. It was between me and 4 other students that were making fun of my friend. I got up and practically talked them to tears. My English teacher came out and she said " Well I always knew you were a little light but never thought you had so much dark inside" Then like a weird little kid I was I said " Well You know I never got scared of the dark cause I was always reflecting the light!" I still don't know what I actually meant by that but as I was creating this account I thought of it and was like huh RadiantShadow seems good.
The Shadows strengthen your path, the Light guides your soul, together they make you eternal.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:44 pm
View Likes
XxXTheSwordsmanXxX says...

TheSwordsman. It seems pretty straight forward in most regards. I do in fact study sword play through manuscripts and teachings through youtube. Heck, I have even done few lessons in jedi Lightsaber training. But there is another part to it.

While I love swords and swordplay, can anyone define what a sword is? A lot of people will say that it is a weapon. I then ask, why is it a weapon? "It's what it was designed for", "Because of what it can do", "It destroys cities and raises empires".

To all of these, I say that they are wrong. A sword is not a weapon because....that is just what it is. A sword is a tool. Granted, a tool of combat. But it is still just a tool like the pencil or computers we use to write with. What makes a sword a weapon is the person that holds it. From there it is the decision of the wielder as to whether it will be a weapon of war....or of peace.

How can a sword be a weapon of peace? That is the hard question. How can something that brings death ever be a weapon for peace? When it is drawn with the intent to save a life....not to take it. That is when it is a weapon for peace.

Reviews: 4
Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:11 pm
View Likes
Melmo says...

Well, my mom and I were babysitting my best friend at the time's baby sister. She absolutely adored elmo, and she couldn't say my name (Melody), so my mom took the liberty in mixing the two. It has been my nickname since then haha.
For the love of creativity!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:49 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

I first used this username on iscribble. I came up with it out of the blue, and I liked it. I didn't even really think about what it meant (I mean, I knew what it meant, but..??), I just liked the sound of it.

Since then, any new accounts I've made, I've tried to use the same username, or a variation of it.
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:53 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

One day, I was bored.
Lol.
I was 9 years old at that time, and I think I wanted to do something different. And though I didn't know how to draw properly, I wanted to try something along those lines. So I took a ruler and and pencil and started tracing random lines on a sheet of paper. Then I realized that they were starting to make a shape. So I linked a few of them, added some eyes, a tongue, and a gun barrel - clearly, the OBVIOUS - and I got some sort of shelled reptile-thingy with a giant gun stickin' out of its shell. I was barely able to speak English at the time, so I went with sonorities that I liked.
Boom. That creature was therefore to be named Tortwag.

And there ya go! I've been using that as my username ever since, even though I eventually discovered 2 years later that a Pokemon was to be named Turtwig in English.

I CAME UP WITH MINE FIRST ANYWAY
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:06 pm
OreosAreLife says...

I got mine from my 9th grade English teacher. I was always running in and out of her room to the next. Like Dasher she says. and she started calling me AshleyDashley and now the other teachers call me it to cause I do the same thing to them. I think it is funny. They tell me I just pop up out of no where and then leave just as quickly. :D
Don't become the thing you hate

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:07 pm
Desdemona says...

Well, I really like Othello xD
Excuse you, I'm your friggin' queen!

Don't take it too hard when you lose to me, I always win.

Spoiler! :
August 1, 2015 - April 21, 2016: BlackCatXx
April 21, 2016 -- Desdemona

Reviews: 1
Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:03 pm
View Likes
serialquiller says...

I started another social media account for writing, and I just sat down one day with my witty dad and we brainstormed clever usernames. I wanted it to be a play-on-words sort of thing, and I thought something to do with quills or ink would be nice. I was cycling through my mind trying to come up with something clever when I thought of "serial quiller"! So that's the name I decided to use for this site as well.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:19 pm
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

I really liked soup. I am also really stupid.

StupidSoup
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:49 pm
Chappiez says...

I wanted my username to be book-related, so at first I thought

Chapters

Then I was like "Really? That's the most boring username ever."
So then I was feeling Z-ish so then I thought

Chapterz

And I was like "Better, but still nah."

And then "Chappiez" just randomly popped into my head.

Yep.
I want money to make art, not make art to make money.

We live in a beautiful world
Yeah we do
Yeah we do

No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face.
— John Donne