z

Young Writers Society

How Did You Come Up With Your Username?

Reviews: 0
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:11 pm
View Likes
theelementofkawaii says...

I like elements and fire and water and stuff. I also like kawaii things, and kitsunes and stuff. So I picked my username as a combination.
"I swear to God that it's all in the making!"-Convolk

Thinking of ways to kill someone...

Stream Antihero

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:41 pm
View Likes
AmazingAeris says...

My middle name is Aeris, that's what I wanna go by other than my real first name. I'm told my writing ability for my age is amazing. So, AmazingAeris
._.AmazingAeris._.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:43 pm
View Likes
FireSpyGirl says...

I like assassins/spies and fire.
"Those moments when your in so deep, it feels easier to just swim down"

"I'm erasing myself from the narrative. Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted when you broke her heart

278 Reviews

Reviews: 278
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:28 pm
View Likes
LittleLee says...

Well. My mom made it for me when I asked her to give me a name.
"I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him."

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:22 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Now that I'm no longer Magestorrow, I can finally post in this thread again!

Though many have suspected that my username change was part of the Classified movement, it was actually something slightly more embarrassing: homage to a character I've really come to like. One of my friends got me into DC, and, more specifically, got me hooked on all things Jason Todd.

(He's the second Robin/Red Hood.)

I started roleplaying on a Discord server as Jason, but I used the name "Jaybird" instead of his name - some fanworks have the other characters call him that. It was while I was roleplaying that I realized I really liked the name, and decided to steal it for myself here on YWS!

So that's my origin story. :P
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:39 am
View Likes
sylrie says...

Mine uses a combination of different parts of my name, and has become my go to pseudonym =p
Lost, not aimless. I know where I need to go, I just...don't know how to get there yet.
(they/them)

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:48 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

For me I love princesses, and writing is an important part of my life, so I came up with something fancy like "ink". I put them together and voila! PrincessInk was born. When I first made my account I tried to put a space between them but I soon learned I couldn't :P
always daydreaming, always clumsy

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:59 pm
View Likes
promptlyby12 says...

I was working on a poem called 'Promptly by 12' but never completed it because, well - - - EXAMS. I never got back to it. Ergo, I decided to change my username to Promptly by 12 as a constant reminder to work on it. It hasn't worked very well though

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:36 am
View Likes
tgham99 says...

My username is a combination of my first and last names, and 99 is the year I was born in so I felt it fitting to throw in at the end. I do wish that I'd come up with a more creative one, though, especially after seeing how many interesting usernames are present on YWS!!
"Writing well means never having to say, 'I guess you had to be there.'" -- Jef Mallett

♡ ♡ ♡

Reviews: 1
Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:54 pm
STRvArmory says...

I was originally going to go with my usual one, STR♠428 Armory.
However, special characters cause problems for tagging, so, I had to switch to STRvArmory.

For STR♠428 Armory, STR is an abbreviation of the word Strength, which itself refers to my favorite fictional character, period — as well as a bit of... well not a role model, but a source of constant introspection.
Then, the Ace/spade symbol refers to an expression used by my uncle. "That was ace", which simply means "that was cool" or "good". It's a very old slang that basically nobody uses anymore, but he liked it, so, he did. Whenever he sent me a message telling me he liked something, he sent a ♠ to signify his appreciation of whatever that thing was.
He's dead now, so, it's a bit of a memento. Also, I hid that from him, but I like the expression, so, I added it to my writing style.

For STRvArmory, I liked that the "v" acts as a fun space (and to me, clearer than "x"), but also, it sounds like it's STR Version Armory, like it's a robot upgrade of Strength featuring the word that represents my online identity.
As for Armory, I've always liked the word and its meaning. Figured that linking it to my favorite character would be ace.

It was.
Last edited by STRvArmory on Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings.

Call me Mory.

I'm working on a worldbuilding project called The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago. You can find it here: The Wonders of Pujil Archipelago

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:37 pm
View Likes
VioletFantasy says...

My username came from two things: my middle name and my favorite book genre. My middle name is Violet, and I have always liked it quite a lot. Fantasy is my favorite genre to write and to read. I decided to put these two things together and I thought it had a nice ring to it.

If you receive a bribe, you must report it in your income.
— John Oliver