z

Young Writers Society

How Did You Come Up With Your Username?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:25 am
View Likes
hyperview says...

I, uh, literally just ripped this from an album.

Creativity at its finest.
Be careful, you are not in wonderland.

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:57 am
View Likes
deleted21 says...

It's just the blended version of the few names I love! xD

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:01 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I'm pretty sure most people know mine already, 'cause I've been asked a fair amount... but might as well explain it here!

Basically, when I was a cucumber, I was looking around YWS thinking of what I would use for a username, and I saw a member named "soupinacan" or something, and I thought "I could totally be HoleySocks". So then I asked my mom which was the proper way to spell "holey", and she gave me the spelling I have.

The other reason I chose it is because when I was just a kiddie, I used to think it was hilarious to have "holy" undergarments. It still makes me giggle, actually.
100% autistic

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:59 am
View Likes
MissLyricz says...

Interesting question.

No one's really asked, but I'll explain it anyway. ;)

Pretty simple, really. I'm a "miss" and I have a knack for writing song lyrics and poems! Which, in turn, created: MissLyricz. The reason for the "z"? I just wanted to do something different! :D

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:16 am
View Likes
artybirdy says...

A friend on YWS calls me birdy and I'm an artistic person. I combined both elements and I got "artybirdy".
[center]Previously known as ArtStyx[/center]

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:33 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

There's this book called Deenie by Judy Blume and I finished it just before I joined the site when I was 12. I loved it, and needless to say still do love it. But the name Deenie was already taken, so I simply changed one of the e's into an a and figured it would still be pronounced the same way.

If I ever need a pen name probably won't I'm definitely going with Deanie.
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:08 pm
View Likes
DrFeelGood says...

There's this film director I really admire (I have been such a big fan of his story-telling technique that I literally tried to imitate him by writing my plots in his trademark style. Some sort of a fan-fiction without using his characters but his techniques)

I was reading a review of one of his films and that reviewer called him 'DrFeelGood' as he believed this man had mastered the art of delivering optimistic cinema. I really liked that name and it stayed with me for quite a long time.

Fast forward four years, I adopted this name on YWS.

Interestingly, I had changed my name from DrFeelGood to DivineFool for few months. 'DivineFool' also comes from this man who once said all the characters in his films are 'divine fools' (for they basically ask extremely philosophical questions in the most innocuous manner.)

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:53 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

It was late at night when I was creating my account to join the YWS (although I'm not sure why I was creating my account at that time. After all, I had known the YWS for a few days already, and I had certainly had a lot of spare time that day. I'm also sure why I just didn't decide to wait until tomorrow to do it. Ah, youth. And probably procrastination :P), and I didn't have much time left before I had to shut down my computer for the day and go to bed. Worse yet, I couldn't figure out what kind of a username I wanted.

I was debating, in my head, whether or not I wanted to use an old username. After all, I had visited and been a part of a couple of sites in the past, and had liked the usernames that I had created (in particular, the one place where I was called TwoEdge (another long story, to be honest. :P); I still associate myself with that name even now, as a matter of fact). On the other hand, because of the fact that I was changing my focus to a place that was quite different from all the others I'd visited, I wondered if I wanted to find a new username.

Needless to say, I eventually decided to choose a new username, and, after some time spent deliberating, I went with the first name that came into my head - TheSilverFox (although, apparently, it is this name that causes a lot of confusion. For some reason, people assume I'm a girl. :P). I though it described me nicely, and, like I said, I didn't have much time.

So...yeah, that explains how I came up with my username.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:10 pm
View Likes
Tuesday says...

Okay so the story behind my name:

At the beginning I was CapitalMonday. It was on a Tuesday (which is ironic, i know) and thought of doing something out of this world. It worked for the most part, and stuck with it for 2 months. As after those 2 months, I went by Tuesday since I was decided to go with the weeks and it was next in line. Now with CapitalMonday, people mistaken me for being a boy. Tuesday was more carefree and wondrous.

Anyway, not the point of story! So after sometime I became bored of Tuesday and wanted something more different . Some people were like "Don't change your name again, Tuesday! We are going to miss Tuesday." I didn't listen as being a cruel king. So I decided upon Blaspherica- which, at the time, was a sudden idea of thinking Blasphemy was a guy's name and Blaspherica was a girl's name.

So that is the story of how I got CapitalMonday to become Tuesday, who was killed by Blaspherica :)
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:42 pm
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

TimmyJake was a name given to me by this old guy who liked me when I was a little guy. A Jake is another name for a young male turkey, and my name is Timmy, so that was his nickname for me. I loved it then, hated it for a few years, and then decided a few years ago to love it again. Lol
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:51 pm
burninhell says...

I basically use Burninhellforalleternity as all my usernames. I dont know why... But then that was too many characters, so I got to burninhell.
At some point in time there was probably a reason for it, but I just can't remember it anymore xD
I like it anyways, it makes me sound all happy and cheerful you know :)

25 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 25
Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:36 am
View Likes
Gringoamericano says...

In my middle school, people jokingly threw around the name "AG" for some reason (which means American Gringo/Gringa depending on who you're speaking to). I just stole it for myself because I found it to be very fitting for my appearance (as I am a very white looking Hispanic person).

I just changed it to Spanish because I felt that the words flowed better that way.
"Can't break an omelette without making a few eggs"

From the ashes of the old YWS Chat; it's the Unofficial YWS Discord server. Come join us!: https://discordapp.com/invite/UhSr7uW

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:23 am
KaiTheGreater says...

I liked the contrast! I was (I think) around 12 at the time and decided I needed a name that was both fearsome and gentle, to reflect my very refined nature. *wince*
Formerly DragonLily and RoseAndThorn

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:34 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Any reader who've read Warbreaker knows why I chose this name. ;) Lightsong is a character from that awesome fantasy novel written by Brandon Sanderson, and while I don't really like him, I find his name unique and has a nice ring to it. :)
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:10 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

I've always likes having a character alias. So first I was Zhia, an OP character that I created at... 11-12? I loved this character with all my heart (Hence username:Zhia) but then I got tired of it and decided to change it to a more mature character, Reneia. @DeeDemesne knows why. We RPed a LOT together and Reneia was my favorite character! So, hence Reneia.

I might change it back to Zhia sometime soon.
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

Half goat, half fish, all goatfish.
— OSP Red