z

Young Writers Society

How Did You Come Up With Your Username?

Random avatar

Reviews: 223
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:05 am
View Likes
Mathy says...

Me? Well, I was going for ZeldaIsSheik for obvious reasons and I spelt it wrong...
ZeldaIsSheik

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:41 am
View Likes
SnowGhost says...

I used snowmonkey9 for my webkinz username when I was a small thing and I was like "why not use it for this writing website I just randomly found?" And so I did.
The end.
Just killing time until time kills me.

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:44 am
ajruby12 says...

Well, ajruby was probably my first username ever. AJ is my initials, and the ruby part... Probably just because I thought it sounded cool. (And also I was, like, 10 or 11 when I made my first account, so you can figure that out yourself)
I used to put on the last 2 numbers of whatever year I made the account in (ajruby11, ajruby12, etc), but then that just got too confusing. Now I just do ajruby or ajruby12 (no idea why I like the 12 best... But at least I can remember it!)
"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them." - Ray Bradbury

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:38 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Easy. My favorite color is blue and I really love cats. And I am THE one and only me :D
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:14 pm
CocoaCat says...

Idk, it sounded cool. Also I like cats.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:35 pm
View Likes
Boluk says...

once upon a time there was a Micro transactions ridden game called wizard 101....it was crap. When I first played the game I planned to play it for a long time and eventually become a legend so I needed a kind of old sounding name so I chose Boluk and over a while it just stuck.
[color=#FF0000][/color]

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:47 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

It was a typo of my nickname.

The final typo.

You see, for years I've endured countless misspellings, mispronunciations, and just plain manglings as Kyllorac. I daresay I have the single most misspelled name in YWS history if we go by sheer number of variations of a single username. But most of them were somewhat close to Kyllorac. They were close enough. They'd tried.

This last one though, with Kale instead of Kyll, was just a step too far.

And so now I'm Kale.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue May 08, 2018 4:22 pm
Teddybear says...

I based mine on my book (the one I'm writing, not one I'm reading). In the universe I created a Cyr is like a fairy, well, they are considered fairies, but I digress. The only differences are, 1: They have bird wings, 2: They are human-sized, and 3: They have an incredibly varied color pallet. My MC, for instance, is a cyr. She has red, blue, and green wings, orange hair, and mismatched eyes (one blue the other brown). I just like the idea of having bird wings and as much color on me as possible. At least, some days, other I'm like the goth princess of hell, but you know, that IS why Persephone is my favorite Greek goddess, one day she's the goddess of flowers and springtime and all that happy stuff, the next she's at the right hand of Hades (who is, BTW the most chill of any of the Greek gods) dolling out punishments that would give Hera nightmares. I love her. I love bird wings. The idea is, I'ma kill ya, and be a fluffy little rainbow while doing it. (Anyone else want to fight someone on the Bifrost just so you can slam their face into it and while shouting 'TASTE THE RAINBOW!' or is that just me and my violent little brain)
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Tue May 08, 2018 4:27 pm
Bellarke says...

I am literally a geek and a girl soo... and its my best friends SC name for me.
“Who we are and who we need to be to survive are very different things.”

~Bellamy Blake

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Fri May 11, 2018 11:30 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

well, my original username was Lylas, which is love you like a sister. Just thought it sounded cool.

Then I was looking to change it cause I just returned to YWS and wanted something new, and just searched cool words. The meaning is in my signature below :-)
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:53 am
View Likes
Jezebel says...

When I made my account, I had the website Jezebel open on another tab. As I struggled to come up with a username, my eyes wandered: I happened to look over at that other tab, saw the word "Jezebel" and thought, "Well, I do love that name..."

Yeah, I know. Not a great story—but a true one, at least.

Currently, one of my open tabs says "purple hair," which I Googled for inspo. That means I was one day away from being known on here as PurpleHair. A real missed opportunity. XD

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:02 am
Elfboy says...

As to where my username came from, you get one guess.

Yep, it's my name.

As to the why, because I've heard many a grisly tale of plagiarism, and I wanted to minimize chances of that.
"What is grief, if not love persevering?"

--Vision

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:46 am
aulyasela3597 says...

Me? Oh easy....I kinda took it from my real name Aulia Sheila, so I've shortened it to aulyasela3597 as my username. Fact : the numbers are actually my date of birth. I was born on May, 3rd 1997, so I've shortened it into 03-05-97 :D

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:31 am
TheWeirdoFromBeyond says...

Just sort of came to me, maybe it is because my classmates think I can be weird, and I love outer space. So yeah, that's how TheWeirdoFromBeyond became my username.
I don't act this way to change the world, I act this way so that the goddamn world won't change me!
-Desert Hearts
You don't think I am weird? You don't know me at all.
-TheWeirdoFromBeyond

TheWeirdoFromBeyond is a LGBT+ supporter

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:30 am
EverLight says...

TheWeirdoFromBeyond wrote:Just sort of came to me, maybe it is because my classmates think I can be weird, and I love outer space. So yeah, that's how TheWeirdoFromBeyond became my username.

Wow I'm the same here except I'm more like an alien.
I'm winning at life!

I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.
— Sylvia Plath