z

Young Writers Society

How Did You Come Up With Your Username?

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:54 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

When I was like five, I created my own language. Sorta. More like my own seven words that meant English words. But anyway, it was a totally garbage language that didn't follow enough consecutive rules to make logical sense, but I stuck with it. I had created a few names in the language before forgetting about it completely, but two names still stay in my head. Vatanai (pronounced Vent-a-nai, see what I mean about how hard to use the language was?) and the other happened to be Sheyren. I liked Sheyren so I kept it.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:23 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

I love anything and everything old fashion! So I got my first typewriter that is a Remington and was made in 1938. It is my baby and I love her so much. She still works and I type on her all the time. It's amazing how things can last over the years with a little bit of love.
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:46 am
Mageheart says...

I already provided the reasons for my old usernames (TheLearningWriter and Magestorrow), so it's time to explain my current one! Mage isn't just a homage to my love of everything magical, though it coincidentally works that way. It's actually because I kept telling people to call me Mage when I talked to them on here. After awhile, I realized the -storrow part of my username had no real reason for existence. So I chopped it off and now I'm Mage! :D
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:20 am
gxldencrxwns says...

I picked gxldencrxwns in honor of my grandfather who passed recently. When I was little, he would make yellow paper crowns and say they were gold. The x's replacing the o's was to put a little spin on it.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:48 pm
View Likes
Poopsie says...

WELL LETS JUST SAY SOMEONE GAVE ME THE NAME

IT WAS PAT BUCHANAN
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:23 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

I like sirens, and I think Cymbaline just sounds cool. I took it from the name of a Shakespeare play (Cymbeline) and changed the spelling a bit because I thought having a cymbal in it would give it a nice kick.
(I haven't actually read that play though, cos I have other stuff to do.)

Anyway, I just thought Siren Cymbaline had a nice ring to it.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

414 Reviews

Reviews: 414
Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:21 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

So far, I’ve had three usernames. I started with PerksOfBeingAReader, as The Perks Of Being a Wallflower is one my favorite books, and I figured a name off a book title is fit for a writing website.

I changed it to JustPerks since I felt my name was too long and just wanted to keep Perks somewhere in my new username. I always say “just” in passing conversations and while writing, so I thought it seemed to fit as well.

Finally, I just changed my name to killeham, which has a kind of funny backstory. I’ve been meaning to change it since the new year, and I finally got around to it. I absolutely love the band The Killers, so that’s where “kille” comes from. And, recently, I decided to listen to all of Hamilton, so that’s where the “ham” comes from.
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:28 pm
StuckOnEarth says...

Well, on the first writing website, my name had "Space" in it, which is what people got used to calling me and that's what everyone new me as. I also love space, so that combined with the memories it holds, I knew I had to put it in my username. As for "Snickerdoodle", I just really like the way the word sounds, and I like cookies. So. That's why. XD
<3 cyberpunk <3 is <3 now <3

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:24 pm
Evander says...

I found Evander on behindthename.com when I was searching for a username. It kept on popping out in my head and I liked the way that it rolled off the tongue. If I recall correctly, then it comes from Greek/Roman mythology. It's my first non-space related username, but I'm definitely enjoying it.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:32 pm
Po5eidon says...

Mine is kinda boring. I just liked Greek Mythology and Percy Jackson, and my favourite God was Poseidon. Just because I wanted it to be a little more interesting, I put a 5 in it

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:42 pm
jimss23 says...

I once tried to type Jimis23. I forgot the "i" in "is" so it became Jimss23. And lo a username was born.
This is the Rule of Three
Every writer's most sacred oath
Two boys to challenge each other
One girl to challenge them both

-Jim

641 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 641
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:07 am
View Likes
Panikos says...

Pandemonium is my favourite word, and I guess I just added the 'Dark' because 2012 me thought the name needed more edge. I'd probably just go by Pandemonium if I was choosing now, but I've had the name so long I don't think I could bring myself to change it.
The backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done.

~Radical Face

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:57 am
Feltrix says...

Once upon a time, I was making a Dungeons and Dragons character. I'd already decided Thørn was going to be the first name for a bunch of reasons, but that's not the name I'm using, so I won't go into that. I was stuck on a last name, though. After toying with a few other names, a friend suggested Feltrix. I was fond of the name and began using it for other things including one of the protagonists of the novel I'm writing. Feltrix has become the name I use for all of my online personas. If you find someone named Feltrix elsewhere on the internet, it's most likely me.
Intrepid Explorer
Squire of the Green Room
Harbinger of the Cosmic Squid
Brief Castaway
Founder of Hermits United
TIME Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Dark Matter Overlord
Kind of a Big Deal

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:39 am
DeerInBacPac says...

My username? Well, I had run across this word, which I fell in love with. The way it was spelled, how it sounded, and the meaning. The meaning fit me as a person. And that word, that word is Flumadiddle.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:49 am
Justlittleoleme2 says...

I'm just little old me. I came up with it because I was too lazy think of something creative. xD

Then, I had to make a new account because I was too lazy to write down my
passwords. v.v

There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He'd wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.
— Terence Brady (dog owner)