Young Writers Society

How Did You Come Up With Your Username?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:23 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

We don't talk about the Ignorance days, but let's just say that they happened and one day, a benevolent soul bestowed upon me the nickname "Iggy". It stuck, everyone called me that, and finally, I asked for a name change.

#waybackwednesday
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:31 pm
Iamawriter says...

Well I took the sentance I am a writer and deleted the spaces. Not that creative.
"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Isaiah 41:10 KJV

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:20 pm
Remy020 says...

I chose my new puppy's name and added numbers
To write is to write is to write is to write is to write is to write is to write is to write.
Gertrude Stein.

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters.
Audrey Hepburn.

http://www.brainyquote.com

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:44 pm
View Likes
Sevro says...

You take the woooord caterpillar,
and you take the woooord pickle!
You put them together,
And you get...
Caterpickle!!

Anyone know the kindergarten-graduation-compound-word-song?
"They think I'm still a child. The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation."
—Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown<3

Spoiler! :
Formerly olsene and Caterpickle

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:12 pm
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

Sunshine was actually a nickname ish thing irl. It was given to me by my parents because no matter how really awful a situation was, I always looked on the "brighter side" of things.

Originally I had intended my username to be trisarahtops (a nickname with origins from 2nd grade) but that was taken, plain old sunshine was taken, and sunshinegirl was taken, so I added numbers.

And the numbers aren't random, they're from an even older username back when I was in 7th grade. The numbers are actually the ages my brother and I were at the time I made another username. So my brother was 11 and I was 13.
~Sun Goddess~

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:21 pm
View Likes
ChocolateCello says...

To be honest it was my minecraft username (With an underscore) that I made up when I was like ten. I liked chocolate and played the cello so it just kind of stuck as one of my many users that I use.
"I don't know what to put as my signature."
Cello, Chocolate. Cello's Internal Narration. Young Writers Society: Edit Signature, 2016.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:43 pm
View Likes
Brigadier says...

How did you come up with your username?
Hmm. A couple of people have asked about the "1", but never the rest.
-My name is Elizabeth. For all of my life I never used a nickname, but hey I thought it was time for a change. I became, lizzy.
-I have been in one book club since 6th grade but this year I became an official BA in that club and joined another. After that, I joined one more for a grand total of three. That's the book club.
-As far as queen, it is because of three clubs and I lead in two of them a lot.
-The one, I don't really know. For someone reason I always put ones in usernames. I guess I just like it.

-lizzy
:D

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:04 pm
EternalRain says...

Well, my brother was obssesed with Minecraft and got me to play it, and I had to think of a username. So I'm like "Hmmm... Rain is cool... hmm... oh, I love the word eternal!" Slap 'em together, EternalRain.

Now I use it for a lot of usernames on websites c:
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:05 pm
EternalRain says...

ChocolateCello wrote:To be honest it was my minecraft username (With an underscore) that I made up when I was like ten. I liked chocolate and played the cello so it just kind of stuck as one of my many users that I use.

Same O-O
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:22 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

My username is the blandest thing ever, it makes me want to cry.

But no, basically at 14 years of age my favourite TV show was Skins (UK), which is totally age inappropriate but I was a goddamn rebel. That's as complex as it gets, though. I used to get so tempted to change it, but always resisted because I'm almost 7 YWS years old now, and it would feel wrong, really.

Although fun fact I'm 99% sure no one knows: my original username was Megan_White

(My name isn't Megan, nor is my surname White. I'm just as confused by that as you are.)
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:59 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

@Skins I was so disappointed with sixth form after watching the first two series...

Mine used to be ahmadblues which is very similar to my old MSN account - I got sick of the spam with my old email so I made a new one...

"Why not add your favourite colour? Or your pet's name?" screamed the new email form of MSN in 2008 (dear God).

So add my favourite colour at the time I did (it was a dark blue then. Now it's a turquoise/teal) and I thought I was SO clever because we were doing the Blues Brothers for our year 6 production (I was some guy from the record label and they made me look like Gok Wan. I refused to wear the glasses) and look at me, more than one meaning at eleven years old.

And then I used it for everything. And then i chopped off my name. Hence Blues.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:02 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

That's right, I just changed my username. xD

So I got tired of Arkhaion (just a wee bit) and decided to take a break from my usual ancient/archaic bent and focus instead on the now. Toyed around with a few different names, and now I am, quite simply, the queen.

No, literally, it means "the queen" in French.
stay off the faerie paths

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:06 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

@Blues omg same
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

265 Reviews

Reviews: 265
Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:30 pm
myjaspercat says...

I based my username after my first cat Jasper. Thought it could be something that still connected me to him even after he died. So yeah, now you all know.
"So come with me where Dreamers are born and Time is never planned, Just think of happy things, And your heart will fly on wings, in Never Never Land."-Peter Pan

"Life is the art of Drawing... without an eraser."

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:42 pm
TheStormAroundMe says...

I would like to put some sentimental or deep reason for me choosing this name, but those wouldn't be the truth. I thought it sounded cool, so I made it my username. It's my username on dozens of other writing websites, too.
“La giraffa ha il cuore lontano dai pensieri. Si è innamorata ieri, e ancora non lo sa.” - Stefano Benni

TheStormAroundMe

"You're wrong about humanity. They are your greatest creation because they're better than you are. Sure, they're weak, and they cheat and steal and destroy and disappoint, but they also give and create, and they sing and dance and love. Above all, they never give up."
— Metatron