z

Young Writers Society

How do you guys start?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:34 am
writersblock430 says...

Hello!
So I've been having an extreme case of the writers block blues but I want to start another story. So, out of curiosity, how do you awesome people get out of a creative rut? How do you just start a story??

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:07 am
Steggy says...

If I have writer's block, I tend to stop what I am doing and go for a walk. Walking can easily sort out ideas for whatever you could be writing next. Also listening to calming music such as jazz or whatnot. Or if in doubt, free-write. Whatever comes to your mind, write it down. It can makes things seem easier when it comes to writing or change your environment. From being inside too long, to being outside can work wonders on your mind.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:44 am
BellaRoma says...

Remember you can start with anything.
You'll find inspiration in your natural routine. Don't try and force yourself to write (I know how much I hate that).
But whatever works for you...
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:07 pm
megsug says...

Nothing is created in a vacuum. If I'm struggling with writer's block I read a book or watch a good movie.
Test

“Writing fiction is the act of weaving a series of lies to arrive at a greater truth.”
— Khalid Hosseini, Author