10 Reviews

Reviews: 10

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:40 pm
View Likes
Prokaryote says...

Because I have no friends.

This is the only legitimate reason. If you have friends, and you pretend to be a writer, you need to quit that. Stop posing. You aren't tortured enough. You probably don't even experience pain on a daily basis. You probably get free drinks at McDonald's, socialite. Why don't you live alone in a small French city and spend the days loitering and despondently observing people's mechanistic lives for six months, recording your innermost thoughts in a diary you never plan to publish. Then maybe you can say you're a "writer."

PHONY LOSERS

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:58 pm
Chaser says...

So many reasons...I don't think there's any one write answer.

Spoiler! :
To entertain!
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:02 am
Ronald559 says...

I'm not sure if you are joking. But the amount of friends you have doesn't make you a writer. In this case you have none. It means nothing. You should never tell someone else what they aren't. You aren't someone with that kind of authority. And the mentality you have is of a 10 year olds. If you think writing has anything to do with the amount of friends you have please stop calling yourself a writer.
Please stop pretending like you are any better than any of us. There are plenty of good writers on this site. I would name them but I don't want to leave out any one. There are also famous writers who had active social lives, and friends. Here are a couple.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
-Hemingway
-Gertrude Stein
-Ezra Pound
-John Dos Passos
-T.S. Eliot
-Langston Hughes
-John Keats
-Percy Shelley
-Ralph Ellison
-Truman Capote
-Harper Lee
-C.S. Lewis
-J.R.R. Tolkien

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:15 am
View Likes
Prokaryote says...

@Ronald559

You have unfortunately listed a host of PLEBEIANS. They aren't in fact writers -- just extroverted party animals who probably liked getting drunk on the weekends and flailing wildly to Skrillex. Real writers like me know true insight into human nature can only come about through prolonged isolation and finely fermented thoughts. I could probably read you like a book if I knew you in real life. But I wouldn't ever know you in real life, because such would prolong my spiritual and CREATIVE development.

Someday you may understand. Probably not. But there's hope even for the most popular among us.

53 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:28 am
Ronald559 says...

I'm not going to argue with you. Most people are terrible at reading me. I'm a simple person. Not some sort of great writer like yourself. I like understanding people, and empathizing with them. Also the people that you said aren't writers, are part of an eternal literary canon.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:38 am
View Likes
TheDarkWriter says...

It might be stupid but I write because it pretty much saved my life. I was severely bullied when I was younger and it ruined me as a person and I lost everything by the time I was 10, my friends, a family torn apart and myself. I was on the verge of giving up but at school we were given a picture book assignment and I was stuck on what to write about because It was the first story I have ever written so my sister suggested that I should write about myself and put it into another persons perspective. So I did and lucky enough I got an A for the assignment so after that I wrote every single day because as long as I write about my life experiences I will never run out of words to write also I was lucky enough to get my writing published and that's why I write.
"Writing is my way of life, without it I am lost" -TheDarkWriter

53 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:45 am
View Likes
Ronald559 says...

Oh that's cool. It doesn't sound stupid at all, I'm glad you found someway to express yourself at a hard time in your life.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:48 am
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

i write because the words are trapped inside my head have to get out with ink.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:30 am
View Likes
Willard says...

To not be sappy, I write because I have a sense of humor.

Honestly, I have bad ideas, and I'm all about testing them out. I'm not going to say that I find something deep and poetic about it, or that it's the best thing in life, because it's not. Writing is hard, especially when you want to be good at it. Basically, I'm grabbing the idea of writing, looking at it, and saying "I have a dry sense of humor".

Writing is a way of expressing yourself, for better or for worse.

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

25 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 25
Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:12 am
View Likes
Gringoamericano says...

3 Reasons.

1) I saw the Scott Pilgrim movie when I was about 14, and it just blew my mind. So I'm basically just trying to make something that will give others (along with myself) that same emotional high I had when I first saw that movie (and I'm afraid of watching it again because I don't want the initial experience to be ruined).

2) Much like how Scott Pilgrim inspired me to be a writer, I really wanna inspire other people to discover and pursue what they really want to do with their lives. As to how a piece of fiction could do that, I haven't the slightest clue, but I'm gonna do my best.

3) I enjoy making people laugh. Nothing fuels my self-esteem (and my ego) more than getting at least a chuckle out of someone.
"Can't break an omelette without making a few eggs"

From the ashes of the old YWS Chat; it's the Unofficial YWS Discord server. Come join us!: https://discordapp.com/invite/UhSr7uW

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:14 am
Relaxistence88 says...

It might sounds weird and stupid but I really do love writing a lot ! :D I love to create stuffs, if I don’t create, I won’t affect the world around me. If I had a trouble sleeping, woke up in the middle of the night, I grab my pen and took a piece of paper and write what inside my mind, ideas, dreams....all of it! I pour all my thoughts and feelings it in until I feel much better. There’s no despair that can’t be held at bay with words. I also love to share my stories and beliefs I need to share to the whole world.Writing can change lives, and there are lives that need to be changed. It gives us many positive impacts for everyone, even for me. I write to meet people and to connect with others who I might never have had any contact with otherwise. I want people to one day look up to me the way I look up to the writers that I love and respect. I know that sounds egotistical, but I don’t care. It’s honest.

An existential crisis a day keeps the writer's block away <3
— LadyBug