z

Young Writers Society

Does anyone here besides me want to be a librarian?

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:23 pm
View Likes
queenofscience says...

I finaly know what I should do in life ( long story) ....I shale be a high school librarian. It's somthing that I can do that I will enjoy and all of my other science related jobs my vision would creat a lot if probleams. I love books. For what little vision that I have I read a lot, like e-books. And libarians make good money, too. This was a surprise to me.

Because everyone likes to write here, well, does anyone else want to be a libarian?
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:03 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

I wanted to be a librarian for years because a) I didn't think I would ever be good enough to be an author and b) I thought it would be enjoyable for basically the same reasons you do.

However, over this last year I've really become much more serious about trying to become an author. I joined YWS and started writing a lot more. And over the course of the year, I've found another thing I really enjoy - editing. I like working with material that's already there almost as much as I enjoy writing material. Plus, editors are very knowledgeable about the publishing company, and it could help me become published someday.

So now, when someone asks me what I want to do with my life, I say I want to be an editor. But yes, I wanted to be a librarian for years.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:12 am
queenofscience says...

I used to want to be an author for a year, but stoped because writing is kind of a hard way to make a living. Plus, you don't know if your manuscript will be accepted... ( however you can always publish with amazon. )

I love to write and be creative. I have a vivid imagination.
I am the science and science fiction guru.

The mind is beautiful, yet brilliant. You can think, create, and imagine so many things.

Eugenics= scientific racism.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:53 pm
View Likes
RagingLive says...

I actually am a librarian. Well, sort of. I volunteer during the summer and fill in for folks who had something come up and need someone to work for them. It can be fun, but it is far from a 'desk job'. There are always books to shelve, books to organize (because, let's face it y'all, we have all randomly shoved a book back on a shelf for sake of time or just for sake of doing it - and don't get me started on movies) and you also have to deal with some creeps who ask some pretty odd questions.

Overall, it is a nice job, but librarians don't just sit around and read - let me rephrase that - can't just sit around and read. I also found that being at the library and working there as an occupation can sometimes be more of a hindrance than something fun. Because it's work.

But there actually is a shortage of librarians in some places, so if you want to be one, I would say go for it! (the story hour kids are the highlight of my week! :D)
'Cause your own story, is the safest place you'll ever be
~Echosmith

The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451