z

Young Writers Society

You can lead a cat to water

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:59 pm
Stori says...

This is for solving a real-world problem. How do you convince a cat that she can actually drink the water in her water bowl?

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:33 pm
SinisterPotatoe says...

Well, sometimes the only way you can get an animal to do something is if you do it yourself. You should try drinking some of the water yourself, and then possibly the cat will do the same. Chances are, your cat probably wants to drink the same thing you drink, because that's how they know it's safe to drink. I can't say for sure this will work, but it's worked for me in the past, and you should give it a try if you can't seem to get your kitty to drink. Just make sure when you drink it that the water is clean as well as the bowl. And I promise I'm not trolling you. XD

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:42 pm
micamouth says...

What I did with my dog was dab a little water on his nose. He would lick it off, realise I got it from the bowl, and then go to the bowl himself.

I did a similar thing with my rabbit in the summer to remind him to drink - I squirted some water from his bottle onto his mouth, and he would lick it off, and go and get a drink.

I hope this helps <3
formerly Sagitta

I like to create sympathy for my characters, then set the monsters loose.
— Stephen King