z

Young Writers Society

Post Your Book/Novel/Short Story Quotes

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri May 20, 2016 3:17 am
Lefty says...

The explosion blows me backwards, back down the hill. I land on my back, rolling half a dozen times before sliding to a halt. I have so much adrenaline pumping through me that, luckily, I barely feel it.

I cough and gasp for breath. My lungs are so strained I can barely breathe. I climb to my feet. What used to be the medical tent is now a giant pile of fiery rubble. Big plumes of black smoke rise into the air, embers dancing happily around each other at another successful explosion.

The tent is gone. Which means Nate is gone. After everything he’s been through. After everything I’ve been through and everything I did to save him, I still couldn’t.

I start to lose it. I fall to my knees from exhaustion, pressing my hand into my aching ribs. He was a friend. A friend who risked his life for me and in turn, that’s what it cost him. He was such a good person. And the last time I ever spoke to him was me yelling at him for being out of line. That’s not how your last words to a friend are supposed to be.

I put my hand over my lips and start rocking on my knees, trying desperately to keep it together, and failing more and more with each passing second.

And as I’m about to tip over the edge, two figures emerge from the smoke. My breath catches in my throat.

It’s Nate.

He made it out. He’s alive.

-The Warlord of Yorkshire - Chapter 26 - Lydia's POV
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:46 am
Laurenh6 says...

" He was unseen, but he was watching. Towering over them, and casting a shadow on their lives. "

Watching

93 Reviews

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:38 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

“You won’t do anything crazy?”

“Of course I’ll do something crazy. Who do you think I am?”

He smiles. “God, I’m going to miss you while I’m gone.”

“I guess you’ll have something to look forward to when this is all over, then.”

He looks at me for a moment, then someone breaks the silence. “Okay, it’s time to get moving. Let’s go!” a man in his group yells.

“Goodbye, Lydia.”

“Not goodbye,” I say with a shake of my head. “See you later.”

He nods and smiles at me again. “See you later.” Then he leans down and kisses me, the way I wished he had the first time he left me, riding off into the distance on his horse. He pulls away, but I pull him back for another, not wanting to let him go.

-The Warlord of Yorkshire - Chapter 42 - Lydia's POV
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:06 am
View Likes
TheStormAroundMe says...

“How the hell did you get here?”
“They gave me up,” Lexus says. “I was with the other rookies and they panicked. I stood my ground, earned respect.”
“You got arrested.”
“Potato potahto.”
“No, potato, arrested.”
-from $7,000 by Grace (TheStormAroundMe)

This was one of my favorite scenes to write
“La giraffa ha il cuore lontano dai pensieri. Si è innamorata ieri, e ancora non lo sa.” - Stefano Benni

TheStormAroundMe

There is no quiet. There is only Doc McStuffins.
— Ron Swanson