The Biggest Staff Secrets...

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:08 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

Staff, I think, is known by every YWSer for two things:

1. Their names are big, bold, and brazen.
2. They plan and plot in secret because a.) evil and b.) hehehe.

So the site stays clean, the site stays active and full of people who love it as an internet home. And part of that is the fact that staff tries actively to crank out events to keep our family engaged in both the site and self-improvement...and I guess a third, which is improving others. That's a pretty big one, actually!

But the secret that doesn't leak out that often is that staff members practically dance through our hidden lair in the clouds when YWSers take initiative and passion and plot out events to better YWS. When members of our family show that they love being in the family, it overjoys us. It kinda changes the game a bit.

And it's not just events! If you want to procrastinate that essay you're dreading and crank out twenty reviews in one week, it's going to be noticed. If you join a Storybook and charge so much life into it that other participants level up to keep up with the story, things start shifting in the community!

And you know the secret behind that? That's what attracts us to expanding staff. It's always been a question on YWS that used to be a whispered-like-Voldemort deal that was usually answered with If you ask to be a moderator, you won't.

But the truth is that if you love YWS and show it; if you pour out your passion and make our internet home a better place to be, you will likely find yourself in nice places quite soon.

I'm reminded of this one member--a poet named Navita--who joined in 2010. In her first couple of months of being a part of YWS, she wrote over 200 reviews that majorly impacted the writing of the recipients. The community was so overwhelmed and in love with her activity that it inspired others to do the same. Her passion was paid forward. Her initiative wrought initiative.

And isn't that true for our whole lives? If you put goodness and love into the atmosphere, doesn't your environment change? It's akin to choosing whether to leave your front yard barren and dusty, or tending to it with plants and neat grass. When you nurture good things, it shows to those who look on. It makes them want to nurture good things. After all, jealousy and mimicry are healthy in society. It's how businesses spark. It's how we better our state of being.

Take this away from reading this post, and maybe answer in your own post; it's open to everyone: as a part of our family, where in our house do you think you can shine best? Where do you want to see beautiful things? And finally, if you're a little timid and want a partner to teach you things and help you help others, don't be afraid to ask. We staff members love our family and would do anything for any of you, and it's high time we started telling you!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:54 am
View Likes
Prokaryote says...

i feel so loved

read me a story and tuck me in, daddy

I wish literally anything else I ever said made it into the quote generator.
— CowLogic