z

Young Writers Society

Biggest Fear?

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:48 pm
mfoley says...

Without any context at all, I have a very simple question for you all:

What scares you the most? It can be a state of mind, an animal, something straight out of a Stephen King novel... What possibility (or impossibility) truly haunts you?

Ready, go.
-- Michael F.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:04 pm
Snoops says...

Heights. My biggest fear is heights.
"Keep calm, drink tea and hide under the bedcovers"

Previously Lau2001

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:14 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Any situation in which I'm out of air - due to a quite traumatic near-death experience I had. Not the only one I have, but it's definitely my biggest fear.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:03 pm
View Likes
Tuesday says...

I think I am not afraid of anything or maybe my fear has yet to be found.
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:28 pm
artybirdy says...

Change. I'm most scared of change. Though, eventually, I adjust myself to it.
[center]Previously known as ArtStyx[/center]

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:58 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Spiders - especially if they catch me off guard or move. Their scuttling or whatever their movement is called is the WORST.

(And the kicker... the few times I've seen them in my apartment, I can't kill them because I'm a vegetarian, so I've spent an agonizing 30-45 minutes trying to get them out..... it's a good life :p)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:59 pm
Demeter says...

My normal "everyday" fears are heights and going upside down. I feel nearly physically ill when I even think about going on a rollercoaster that makes you go upside down. :P

My biggest fears though are that me or one of the people I love would get a terminal illness, or that I would be physically unable to have children. (Although I do want children one day, it's never been a thought that I'm obsessed with, but it would be very hard for me to even just know that I couldn't for some reason.)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:43 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Dying. I see death as many things. amnesia is a death for example. For the me typing this right now would be gone. I alzheimer's as death. I want to exist.

As death would be when I stop existing, that's what I fear most.

(As a agnostic, I have no idea what afterlife there might be if any. I have no faith in that. I have no faith in the beyond keeping my existence in tact. If I loose my memories to be reborn like many believe, then I have still ceased to be. As I am no longer me.)
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:10 am
View Likes
rainforest says...

Chainsaws, spiders, and snakes.
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:12 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Fear of guilt. There was this one time where I felt guilty about everything and it was horrible. Just plain horrible because at that time I simply confessed and apologized every wrong I had done in my life.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:57 am
DrFeelGood says...

Zolen summed it up nicely. My biggest fear is infinite unconsciousness. I'm scared of that day when my soul will leave my body and the 'I' in me would cease to exist. Death is one of the most fascinating-cum-horrifying thing for me.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:38 pm
View Likes
CuriosityCat says...

I think what scares me most is me. I don't know who I am, really. I don't understand myself any more than I do quantum physics. I'm surprised by how I act sometimes, by the words and feelings that come out of the blue and spill into the world outside of my control. And if I don't even know how I feel, how can I validate any decision I make? How can I trust myself? I'm always feeling like I don't show who I really am, but if I did bring her out one day, would I even recognize myself? Would I be ashamed? Would I be scared? I don't know the answers to any of these questions, and that is truly terrifying.
Nothing to see here, puny mortals. Move along.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:42 pm
View Likes
deleted21 says...

Tuesday wrote:I think I am not afraid of anything or maybe my fear has yet to be found.

I just want to repeat this.

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:50 pm
View Likes
Snazzy says...

Public speaking. :shock:
(this includes presenting speeches/projects at school, giving the waitress/waiter my order, talking on the phone to people I don't know well, asking for sauce at McDonald's, saying 'yes, I would like a bag' to the cashier at the gas station, talking to adults, talking to specific teachers, talking in general... :shock: )
Disciple of Christ • Coffee Addict • Poetry Consumer

Formerly SnazzyPencil

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:51 pm
View Likes
WritingWolf says...

I have several fears but none of them are really big so it makes it hard to choose a biggest.

Falling. Not heights, falling. I am perfectly fine being really high up so long as there is some sort of railing or something so I know I wont fall. But if I think I will fall I'm terrified. Hence why people think it's weird I'll go on the big roller coaster but I'm scared to climb a ladder.

Losing people I love. No explanation required.

Machinery. Particularly operation machinery. I always feel like I'll do something wrong and break it and then it'll be really expensive or impossible to fix. Learning to drive is really going to stink for me.
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.
— Stephen King