z

Young Writers Society

Review Day Special: Agni Kai

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:21 am
View Likes
Big Brother says...

Agni Kai (n) - a centuries old Firebending tradition where one challenges another in a fight for honor, in which one has to successfully burn the other in order to win

For those of you who don't know, Zuko, a main character in the A:TLA series, obtained his scar in an Agni Kai, from his father, who sought to taught him a lesson. The gif seen above is later on in the series, when Zuko's sister, Azula, challenges him to an Agni Kai, which leads into one of the best fight scenes ever seen on tv.

An Agni Kai is a dangerous and serious thing. It is not done lightly. To win, you must burn your opponent, but there are no rules or limitations to how much damage you can do. You could die in an Agni Kai, and your opponent would receive no repercussions for it. The Fire Nation doesn't play around when it comes to honor!

HOWEVER. Here on YWS, we don't challenge each other to a Firebending duel, we challenge each other to a reviewing duel -- and that's what this is!

Challenge someone to a duel! Be it a friend or a foe, someone on your Review Day team or someone on a different one -- it doesn't matter. All that matter is that you challenge them and you win, if you want to uphold your honor, as well as your rep on YWS. OH, and get a nifty badge for winning as well!

But here's the catch: the only reviews that count are the ones you make after you've called your opponent out by posting in this topic! Reviews prior to your post do not count and will be ignored. So if you wanna win, challenge now before you begin reviewing!

Here's the code to fill out:

Code: Select all
[b]Challenger:[/b] @
[b]Opponent:[/b] @
[b]Reason:[/b] Why?
[b]Winning Factor:[/b] (aka how many reviews is required to win)

Go forth and fight for your honor, Benders!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:24 am
Iggy says...

Challenger: @Iggy
Opponent: @Lauren2010
Reason: Because it's almost the end of July and I need a victim. FITE ME.
Winning Factor: SIX REVIEWS. STARTING NOW. >:
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:10 am
BrumalHunter says...

Challenger: @AstralHunter
Opponent: @Buggiedude2340
Reason: We have proven ourselves equal in the quantity of reviews we can produce over time, but let us see who will emerge the victor within the next twelve hours!
Winning Factor: Initially, I had a grand idea in mind, but then I realised neither of us would be able to complete the goal, so I propose the same as Iggy - the first one to write six reviews wins. We have already done some warming up, but the Agni Kai commences... now!

EDIT: I have triumphed. Here is the review that delivered the burn.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:55 am
Pretzelstick says...

Challenger: @Pretzelsing
Opponent: @Pompadour
Reason: Cause I just wanted to challenge another P.
Winning Factor: I really value quality over quantity, so let's agree on 3 top quality reviews. Ready set go!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost