Young Writers Society

Camp NaNo: Post your plots!

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:53 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

CAMP NANOWRIMO IS ALMOST UPON US.

(Wondering what it is? It's like NaNoWriMo but in July - write 50,000 as many words of your novel as you like in a month!)

Share your plot down below, whether it's a long, multi-paragraph description or a short sentence or two.

Go, go, go!
Last edited by Blues on Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:08 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Wooooo Camp NaNo! (To clarify, in Camp NaNo you can actually set your own word count! You can stick to 50,000 words, or do something smaller or something even bigger!)

I'm not sure if I'm officially participating yet. I'm working on my novel anyways, though, and I'd like to make a bunch of progress this month! So maybe I'll aim for 15,000 words and see where I get. xD

My novel is about a girl and her brother trying to survive the post-post-apocalypse. There's death, and guns, and giant corporate farms so you know it's going to be a lot of fun.
Got YWS?

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:19 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Lauren2010 wrote:Wooooo Camp NaNo! (To clarify, in Camp NaNo you can actually set your own word count! You can stick to 50,000 words, or do something smaller or something even bigger!)

Oops - thanks for that, Lauren!

I love the sound of your plot; 'I'm imagining the setting looks a bit like the-outside-the-main-city-bit in the divergent movie in my head xD Have you come up with a name for it?/

Mine is about a drug/book smuggler who is blackmailed into joining the terrorist arm of the organisation he's part of; I'm planning for a lot of shady deals and very messed up ideas of morality. This'll be fun!

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:48 pm
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...

Sounds intense Blues ^^

My novel is a retelling of Little Red Riding inspired by the Norse retelling of Beauty and the Beast (East of the Sun, West of the Moon. Clancy is on her way to visit her grandmother for Yuletide. On her way, while in the middle of a blizzard, she meets the Woodcutter. He offers her shelter away from the cold and the wolf, the supposedly dangerous creature hunting for her. But when Clancy encounters the wolf, she will be thrust into a world where wolfs are not hunters, but the hunted and Woodcutters are both Avengers and Protectors of the woods. In this thrilling retelling of Little Red Riding Hood, the role of woodcutter and wolf will be inverted until the reader cannot tell which is which. And neither will Clancy. Villain becomes hero and hero becomes villain.
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:24 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

I totally need to do this. I need to finish the second draft of my WIP. It's called Release and it's the sequel to another book. I've done 14,000 words already, but I've let school take over and I've been neglecting it. So if I force myself to write 50,000 words in July, I'll be pretty close to being done with it! My goal was to have it ready to read by the time I start school in the fall, so this seems like the perfect way to do that :)

Spoiler! :
It's a YA contemporary, but the plot is top secret. :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:49 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

My plot is [NOT APPLICABLE; USER IS DOING LMS INSTEAD]. It's gonna be amazing, interesting, intriguing, an instant classic!

But seriously, best of luck to all of you, and I look forward to reading some of the stuff y'all come up with! (plots are always interesting in some way, haha.)
stay off the faerie paths

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:25 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

My plot is {I'm doing #LMS too} going to be fantasy,fantastic,including magic and such fun elements. Oh yeah, and they will be a romantic subplot possibly xD

Camp NaNo sounds like it needs a lot of dedication to actually finish it, so I already give a heads up to those who are planning/want to participate in it.

Wishing you the best of luck! <3
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:18 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

I'm so excited and terrified for this. XD
Mine is about a guy who comes to realize that he has super healing after his girlfriend literally backstabs him. He then has to survive military training, avoid being sent to fight a war he doesn't believe in, and expose the corrupt officials in the government supporting illegal human testing.
All good things. XD
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:41 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

I'm not sure I'm officially participating either but if I am then I'm shooting for 15,500 words (500 words a day). I will be working on the final book of my trilogy which I already have some of written.

The general plot of the trilogy:

No Power. No Batteries. No Gunpowder.

2018, the entire world loses power and no one knows why.

Two hundred years later, nothing has changed... Other than the fact that some found they were able to absorb the earth's energy and use it to power amazing abilities. These people call themselves, sorcerers.

Fifteen-year-old Lydia and Daniel have lived in the small village of Aldea all their lives. Training to be a fighter and working as a farmer, life has been pretty calm. But when an evil sorcerer starts a war against the humans to extinguish their race, allowing sorcerers to rule, Lydia and Daniel must go on a dangerous journey and fight along side fighters and good sorcerers--or risk the human race falling into extinction.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:45 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

^^That sounds really cool, @Nightcrawler! I'm totally for standing up for your beliefs and the idea of exposing corrupt officials. :P Let me know if you post any chapters on YWS. I'd be happy to take a look!^^
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:47 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

@LeftyWriter I plan to sometime in August/September once I get around to editing the first draft! Your interest encourages me! :D
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

93 Reviews

Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:49 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Nightcrawler : Awesome! Well, best of luck to you!

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:10 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

A weird, unofficial Camp NaNo this year, as this might actually give me the motivation I need. Trying to finish up what I hope will be final revisions of The Book Man (aside from fine-tuned editing) by July 11, which is the day I'm going to Richmond to visit my grandfather's grave for the first time.

So hopefully I will actually "win" halfway through July, but obviously it's quite different from official participation because I'm mostly revising/rewriting what's already there rather than writing x-thousand new words.

But NaNo always motivates me pretty well, so I think I'll join in.

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:29 am
View Likes
donizback says...

This is going to be so much fun.
My story will be about a teenage boy who is lost in the forest and comes across various problems and supernatural things, finally ending up being trapped in a house with a creepy old lady.
So, yeah! It is horror, pure horror and suspense.
Can't wait to start it.
I shall write a proper plot plus the characters description tonight.
Alone is what I have, alone protects me.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:07 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

Well... I have a plot... but I don't think I can finish the novel. :(

The plot is this: Vien was a silent speaker, a person who had an unusual way to communicate with her clan members. Her family was robbed once, policias kept coming to the house to ask questions, robberies still happened. She was determined to find the robbers. However, one police official died due to unknown reasons and the focus was shifted to finding the responsible murderer as the policias suspected it was a murder. The suspects? All members of silent speaker family. Vien was determined to solve both mysteries but could she do that and stay alive?
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

"You may deem me romantic, my dear sister, but I bitterly feel the want of a friend."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein