z

Young Writers Society

The Last Man Standing: Round II

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:18 am
View Likes
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @ScarlettFire, @Steggy, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

It's Saturday. You all know what that means. :P (If you want to be tagged/untagged, message me.)
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:29 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 8

Fallen Warriors - 0

Rogues - 13

Deceased - 27

Awards

The North Star - for making it through week XXV.
@AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Falconer @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenOfHearts @Tortwag

Outstanding Opening Line Award

Though dawn struck an hour before, the sun stays low in its winter path.
- Buggiedude2340

’I Love That Line’ Award

There was a tense silence as all three of them dared not speak, none of them willing or sure on how to approach the matter without smashing the ice they tread on with a hammer.
- EnderFlash

He ran a hand through his hair, cringing as it came back wet, and wiped his sweaty palm on a nearby tapestry. That would leave a stain, he was sure, but he really could not bring himself to care.
- Pompadour

Delightful Description

The horizon remains painted with fluffy brushstrokes of pink and orange, and a layer of freezing fog still awaits sublimation..
- Buggiedude2340

The air reeked of blood and antiseptics, and although most of the patients were hidden behind white curtains, the urgent tone of doctors’ voices and the occasional spot of blood on the floor only fueled Verona’s imagination.
- Meandbooks

Week XXVI Commences!

Hope you all had a great Christmas! :D
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

324 Reviews

Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:44 pm
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @ScarlettFire, @Steggy, @ThePhoenix, @Tortwag.

Sorry it took me so long to get this up! It's Sunday, sochapters need to be submitted.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

324 Reviews

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:06 pm
Evander says...

Tagging time!

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @ThePhoenix, @Tortwag.

Sorry that I missed a week! My sister had a wedding.

If you want to be tagged/untagged, message me!

German rat enthusiast.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:16 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AdrianMoon Easily the best reason to miss a deadline. Like seriously, nobody's gonna shout at you 'cause you had your sister's wedding to attend to. Hope that went well :D
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

324 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:23 pm
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @ThePhoenix, @Tortwag.

Switching tagging updates to Fridays around 2pm EST! Hopefully that gives everyone some more time to get their chapters out.

German rat enthusiast.

324 Reviews

Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:17 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @SpiritedWolfe, @ThePhoenix, @Tortwag.

Time to get those chapters in!

German rat enthusiast.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:22 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

For a moment I, panicked and thought, "But it can't be Saturday already!" XD
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:48 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Oh right. I'm doing this again xD
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

347 Reviews

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:19 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 9

Fallen Warriors - 0

Rogues - 13

Deceased - 27

Awards

The Purple Dragonfly - for making it through week XXX.
@AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Falconer @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenOfHearts @Tortwag

The conference room was not a large room, by any standards, but the furniture was arranged artfully enough to feign airiness in a space that would have seemed, otherwise, to be small and cramped.
- Pompadour

’I Love That Line’ Award

I switched my attention from one of the dresses that I was restitching so that I’d have more movement to move around and defend myself.
- AdrianMoon

The Vulpix brought the mallet down with a crash and smirked at the satisfying sound of a shell shattering.
- AstralHunter

Delightful Description

It was punctuated by the occasional hiss from a certain unconscious woman.
- EnderFlash

After her conversation with Analia, Verona spent the rest of the day feeling as if someone had lit a cozy fire in her chest, and she threw herself into training even more than she had before.
- Meandbooks

Week XXXI Commences!
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

324 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:08 pm
Evander says...

It's Friday! Time to start writing all of those chapters!

German rat enthusiast.

324 Reviews

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:58 am
Evander says...

It's Friday again!

German rat enthusiast.

347 Reviews

Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:02 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 9

Fallen Warriors - 0

Rogues - 13

Deceased - 27

Awards

The Emerald Leaf - for making it through week XXXII.

The land remained flat for a great margin, yellow grass springing from the earth in humble lengths, before evolving into a series of hills like a billowing flag held to a gust by a clothesline.
- EnderFlash

’I Love That Line’ Award

They weren’t by any means soundproof, but the other patients usually had the decency to pretend not to hear each other’s more embarrassing moments of convalescence.
- Meandbooks

Then, Pedra broke the spell, and Evian felt as if the dust that danced in the lyte fixtures, too, had settled.
- Pompadour

Delightful Description

The two of them sat there, broken on the shores of the lake as red light washed over them and sirens split the night. 
- Falconer

A chorus of voices erupts in the small tunnel, but I can’t distinguish anything from the crashing of what I hope are just bones.
- QueenOfHearts

I really am in awe of you guys.

Week XXXIII Commences!

324 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:18 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Time to start writing those chapters. It's Review Day this weekend, so be sure to publish them on time!

German rat enthusiast.

324 Reviews

Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:43 pm
Evander says...

It's Friday!

German rat enthusiast.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that life's going to launch you into something great, so just focus and keep aiming.
— Unknown