z

Young Writers Society

The Last Man Standing: Round II

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:44 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Salutations, rogues and warriors. If you wish to be untagged, then send a message my way~

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Arkhaion, @Auxiira, @Blues, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @Jericho, @Lightsong, @lostthought, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @ScarlettFire, @Stegosaurus, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

Review Day starts in eight hours, so you might want to get working on those posts.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:11 pm
Lightsong says...

Wait, I haven't posted this week's submission? o.o *check club forum*
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

324 Reviews

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:46 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

That's my bad! I didn't check through the forums to see who had posted. xD I'll remember that next week.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:25 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 10

Fallen Warriors - 0

Rogues - 11

Deceased - 26

Awards

The Traveller’s Cloak - for making it through week XI.
@AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Falconer @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenOfHearts @ScarlettFire @Tortwag

Outstanding Opening Line Award

Meanwhile, inside his box, Evian decided to do something impossibly stupid.
- Pompadour

’I Love That Line’ Award

I surrendered, forgetting everything that had happened today, knowing all those things would come back tomorrow.
- Lightsong

Arjana was on his feet before the door hit the wall.
- @ScarlettFire

Delightful Description

When we enter, the girl rises gracefully, but I can tell she’s not fae. Her movements are too heavy, her steps too loud. Still, she slithers towards up, her almost-white hair braided onto her head like a crown.
- QueenOfHearts

His eyebrows furrowed together and it looked like had sucked in all the air from his cheeks.
- AdrianMoon

Week XVI Commences!

We’re still at TEN! :D This makes me extremely happy. When reading through your entries this week, it became so clear how many of you have improved leaps and bounds from your first chapters 15 weeks ago!! Read those first pages & give your selves a pat on the back.

This is making you all better writers. <3
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:27 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Of course it is, that's why we're all here, right? This is a big old RPG, and those EXP points we're gettin' each week are DELICIOUS :D
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

472 Reviews

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:23 am
Lightsong says...

*take the award*

Thanks. ;)
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

324 Reviews

Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:12 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Arkhaion, @Blues, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @lostthought, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @Stegosaurus, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

Sunday is tomorrow and those chapters need to be submitted. If you're a rogue and want to be taken off the list, contact me. If you're a warrior, then write your chapters~

German rat enthusiast.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:33 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I actually submitted mine thirty minutes ago, I just forgot to post the link. ^_^
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

347 Reviews

Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:54 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 10

Fallen Warriors - 0

Rogues - 11

Deceased - 26

Awards

The Fae’s Looking Glass - for making it through week XVI.
@AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Falconer @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenOfHearts @ScarlettFire @Tortwag

Arianna sits in brooding silence as I relate the tale of how Lindon came to me and asked to be bonded.
- QueenOfHearts

’I Love That Line’ Award

Thus, her Ability not only negates her weakness to Water, it also allows her to respond effectively.’
- AstralHunter

Megan stuffed her paper into her backpack and left with a promise of better stories tomorrow.
- Falconer

Delightful Description

In front of them was a much bigger ship, its top sails painted in black with a skull-like shark's opened mouth surmounting two crossed swords.
- Tortwag

My vision was hindered in such a way that everything I looked at appeared to be on the other side of tightly woven chicken wire.
- AdrianMoon

Week XVII Commences!

We’re STILL at TEN! :D This is becoming tense. Who is going to be the first to fall to make it 9?! I don’t want it to ever happen!

All the luck <3
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:53 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh hey, I got another delightful description award, and again because pirates were there.
Neat :pirate3:

It is getting pretty exciting, isn't it! 3 weeks, and we remaining writers are still at ten! It's like a survival show <3

"WHO SHALL FALL? WHO SHALL REMAIN? FIND OUT, on the next episode of...

...THE LAST MAN STANDING."

Every saturday morning on Cartoon Network.

Jokes aside, thanks for so much encouragement by the way, you deserve many hugs for that :smt003
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

472 Reviews

Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:38 pm
Lightsong says...

No award for me. Result of making short chapter. :(

- David L. Ulin

324 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:46 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Blues, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @lostthought, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @Stegosaurus, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

Time to get posting! Sunday is tomorrow.

German rat enthusiast.

347 Reviews

Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:56 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 10

Fallen Warriors - 0

Rogues - 11

Deceased - 26

Awards

The Minstrel’s Lute - for making it through week XVII.

Wila flopped around on the sand like a dying fish with the blank expression to match. “I’m bored.”
- EnderFlash

The train trundled along the track, past Wayshire and under hills, through tunnels and over bridges, crossing over a plateau and huffing and chuffing peacefully as the land undulated and the slopes relaxed.”
- Pompadour

’I Love That Line’ Award

Mellie groans and slumps in her seat, leaning her head back like an exasperated teenager.
- Buggiedude2340

Minerva once pointed out that Darren used too many absolutes, but after he dared her to observe Mr Van der Brunnen for a month, she admitted with much surprise that he had been right after all.
- AstralHunter

Delightful Description

It felt as if it could leap out of the page, bronze mane flowing out behind it, hooves glowing like the night.
- Falconer

It breathed fire and tore flesh from bone with vicious teeth and wicked claws.
- ScarlettFire

Week XVIII Commences!

TEN TEN TEN! :D

I also think the lines this week are pretty astounding…

See you Sunday! ;)

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:27 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Whoo, two loved lines in a row! :D

Great job to all my fellow participants for still being in this! This will be a hard-earned victory for (s)he who triumphs, but none of us seem willing to give in just yet - as it should be. ;)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

324 Reviews

Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:44 pm
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Blues, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @lostthought, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @Stegosaurus, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.
I was going to end this with linking the song "Friday", but then I realized that today is Saturday. Anyway, since today is Saturday, you guys should write your chapters.

German rat enthusiast.

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind