z

Young Writers Society

The Last Man Standing: Round II

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:53 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Hah! Already written! *stupid feeling of childish pride rises* I was awaiting eagerly for this reminder 8)
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:45 am
ScarlettFire says...

AdrianMoon wrote:@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Blues, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @lostthought, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @Stegosaurus, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.
I was going to end this with linking the song "Friday", but then I realized that today is Saturday. Anyway, since today is Saturday, you guys should write your chapters.

Adri, did you notice that you missed me? I haven't written anything for week 18 yet.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:23 pm
Evander says...

*blinks* I thought I had gotten everyone.
Sorry about that, @ScarlettFire!
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:08 pm
Que says...

Hmm I also was not tagged... I'm writing right now.
Parlez-vous français?

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:58 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 10

Fallen Warriors - 0

Rogues - 11

Deceased - 26

Awards

The Mage’s Notes - for making it through week XVIII.
@AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Falconer @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenOfHearts @ScarlettFire @Tortwag

Outstanding Opening Line Award

Everett glances both ways as he taps the gas pedal and sends the bus grumbling and rumbling into the street.
- Buggiedude2340

’I Love That Line’ Award

She closed it and looked at us with a toothy smile.
- Lightsong

It didn’t feel right, like at the beginning of the romance novel, the body didn’t feel like mine. Like it was an imposter’s, who I would be forced to wear every day until we got to the bottom of this mess.
- AdrianMoon

Delightful Description

Bygorn began swinging his sword at amazing speed, performing several deadly moulinets with it.
- Tortwag

Their heady perfume fills the air, along with the distant aroma of the meal that is yet to arrive.
- QueenOfHearts

Sunlight turned the baked earth and stone into a furnace, and the few sections of grass and trees did little to relieve visitors to the courtyard of the heat.
- ScarlettFire

Week XIX Commences!

TEN TEN TEN! :D

(AstralHunter - I’ve put you in the Round Up as though you are through for now. But ultimately @Tenyo has the final decision on the lateness factor.)
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

324 Reviews

Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:56 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Blues, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @Lightsong, @lostthought, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @ScarlettFire, @Stegosaurus, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

It's Saturday, which means that chapters should probably be written soon enough. Also, I'm incredibly sorry for the tagging confusion! I hope that all the rogues and warriors that wanted to be tagged are on this list.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:14 am
Lightsong says...

*take a sip of tea and die*
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

324 Reviews

Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:34 pm
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Blues, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @lostthought, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @ScarlettFire, @Stegosaurus, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

Calling all rogues and warriors to post! There is going to be Review day in just a few hours, so depending on your timezone, it might be wise to start writing now.

German rat enthusiast.

324 Reviews

Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:02 am
View Likes
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Blues, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @lostthought, @Meandbooks, @QueenOfHearts, @ScarlettFire, @Stegosaurus, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

Sorry for posting late! Sunday is still just around the corner, so chapters need to be written and posted! If you want to be tagged/untagged, please message me.

German rat enthusiast.

324 Reviews

Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:06 am
View Likes
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Blues, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @lostthought, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @ScarlettFire, @Stegosaurus, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

Hello, everyone! Those chapters need to be written soon. If you want to be untagged, then simply PM me. You all can do this!

German rat enthusiast.

347 Reviews

Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:35 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 9

Fallen Warriors - 0

Rogues - 12

Deceased - 27

Awards

The Goblin’s Map - for making it through week XXII.
@AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Falconer @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenOfHearts @Tortwag

The hounds run ahead of us, baying when they catch the scent of a deer.
- QueenOfHearts

’I Love That Line’ Award

Emily obediently say while Megan brushed through her long, brown silk hair with confident strokes.
- Falconer

Delightful Description

The water from the lake was muddy, but when it slid down his throat he felt like someone had put out a fire in his lungs.
- Pompadour

Scattered bins of wood, scrap metal, and other building materials covered the floor around the multitude of benches that lined the hall.
- Meandbooks

She had pulled back her sleeves after revealing her knives, and Lucius noticed the white lines and scabs of cuts lining her hands and the visible parts of her arms.
- EnderFlash

Week XXIII Commences!

We’re back in full swing! Very impressed at the dedication you guys have shown whilst we’ve been going through a few teething issues.

Can’t wait for next weeks submissions! XD
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

324 Reviews

Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:42 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @lostthought, @Meandbooks, @Pomp, @QueenOfHearts, @ScarlettFire, @Stegosaurus, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

It's week 23, Sunday is nearing, and no one has posted their chapters yet. So this is your weekly reminder to get them posted before the time runs out! You guys know the drill. If you want to be untagged, simply message me.

German rat enthusiast.

347 Reviews

Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:07 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 9

Fallen Warriors - 0

Rogues - 12

Deceased - 27

Awards

The Snake’s Tongue - for making it through week XXIII.
@AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Falconer @Meandbooks @Pomp @QueenOfHearts @Tortwag

After the lesson, Darren was inclined to silence and did not want to talk about it.
- AstralHunter

’I Love That Line’ Award

Yes, she would be guilty of smiling slightly at the children, guilty of telling them stories and laughing at their reactions: the sharp intake of breath at the climax, the laughter and the excitement at the end.
- Pomp

It might have been the acute pain in my hands or just been the weight on my chest, but that thought allowed me to have some sort of clarity that I had been struggling with.
- AdrianMoon

Delightful Description

I glimpse at least half the hunting party standing at the top of the ravine, and although I am concerned for Niall, my blood sings with joy when I realize that if I manage to get Niall back up to everyone, I’ll have won at least some of their loyalties.
- QueenOfHearts

The best part was the tangible silence after Emily stopped singing; Meg could feel it winding through her fingers and tangling past her hair.
- Falconer

Week XXIV Commences!

Quick note: I’m extending this weeks deadline to Midnight, Tuesday 29th December so you can all enjoy Christmas as much as humanly possible!!

Go, have fun & LMS will be waiting for you when you finish opening all your presents & eating all that Turkey.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS. <3

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:32 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

...uhh... Wait. What? @OliveDreams? @Tenyo? Why was I eliminated? Did I not have enough words or something?

EDIT: Just double-checked: I have 821 words, according to my spellchecker. And I submitted my chapter on time - or at least according to my computer + watch's time, which was something around 23:15, I think - for the 23rd submission topic. Am I missing something here...? I don't want to make a fuss or anything, I'm just really confused.

EDIT 2: Welp, a misunderstanding caused by me has been fixed.

Nevermind all of that! Hope we've all enjoyed our Christmas time :smt003
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

324 Reviews

Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:03 am
View Likes
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @Meandbooks, @Pomp, @QueenOfHearts, @ScarlettFire, @Steggy, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

Chapters don't need to be in until Tuesday, the 29th. If you want to be tagged/untagged, simply message me!

German rat enthusiast.

Democracy! Bah! When I hear that word I reach for my feather Boa!
— Allen Ginsburg