Young Writers Society

The Last Man Standing: Round II

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:20 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Greetings, warriors and rogues!
@AstralHunter, @Auxiira, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @IronSpark, @kayfortnight, @Lightsong, @lostthought,@Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @Stegosaurus, @SpiritedWolfe, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

Sobbing, dying, descriptive storms
I can make all the bad guys turn
Ink splattered on my floor

Sunday is approaching fast.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:58 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 13

Fallen Warriors - 1

Rogues - 8

Deceased - 23

RIP
@kayfortnight

Awards

The Sailor’s Rope - for making it through week X.
@AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Auxiira @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Falconer @IronSpark @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenOfHearts @ScarlettFire @SpiritedWolfe @Tortwag

Outstanding Opening Line Award

Malkolm glared at the potted plant on Kelm’s writing desk, willing it to topple over onto the ground.
- Pompadour

’I Love That Line’ Award

The wipers shuddered their way across the windshield, uncertain at first, then finding the groove to their movements.
- Falconer

It cut open my fingertips and made me bleed onto the picture of the family that would never be mine.
- AdrianMoon

Delightful Description

The corridors themselves were ramrod straight, broken only by other corridors or doors every few hundred feet.
- Meandbooks

The crowd thinned as she neared the gates, funnelling into a slow colum that fed itself through the imposing gate that lead out of the city.
- Auxiira

Week XI Commences!

Loving the description this week!! Amazing effort. 13 remain.

“Some journeys take us far from home. Some adventures lead us to our destiny.” - C. S. Lewis
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

347 Reviews

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:07 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 12

Fallen Warriors - 1

Rogues - 8

Deceased - 24

RIP
@Auxiira

Awards

The Stallion’s Saddle - for making it through week XI.
@AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Falconer @IronSpark @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenOfHearts @ScarlettFire @SpiritedWolfe @Tortwag

There were raised eyebrows, there were whispers, there were giggles, and then there were two smiles.
- Falconer

’I Love That Line’ Award

There were white afterimages hovering over everything. Amara had to blink a few times to clear her sight.
- ScarlettFire

Compared to me, the proclaimed Prank King, Kyle was a mere pawn needing my kind guidance to show him the right path.
- SpiritedWolfe

Delightful Description

I unbraid my hair and let it tumble down my back in a dark wave.
- QueenOfHearts

Even the hint of blood in the air filters through his nose unnoticed.
- Buggiedude2340

Week XII Commences!

Naughty Auxii! Those rogues were far too tempting. 12 remain!

“Sometimes it's worth lingering on the journey for a while before getting to the destination.” - Richelle Mead, The Indigo Spell
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

324 Reviews

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:45 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

If you would not like to be on this list, just send me a PM~ (I am tagging Rogues, so.)

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Arkhaion, @Auxiira, @Blues, Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, Ironspark, @Jericho, @Lightsong, @lostthought, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @ScarlettFire, @Stegosaurus, @SpiritedWolfe, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

Keep them second guessing like,
"Oh my gosh, what happens next?"
What I'm writing is a great big mess.

Each character comes back, after they leave.
'cause, darling, I'm an author.
The world burns for me.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

324 Reviews

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:47 pm
Evander says...

...I managed to tag everybody! But two people. Sorry, guys. @Buggiedude2340 and @IronSpark.

German rat enthusiast.

347 Reviews

Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:43 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 12

Fallen Warriors - 0

Rogues - 10

Deceased - 24

Awards

The Serpent’s Tongue - for making it through week XII.
@AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Falconer @IronSpark @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenOfHearts @ScarlettFire @SpiritedWolfe @Tortwag

Franklin High School is a lighthouse in a sea of open sports fields and dark, star-less skies.
- Buggiedude2340

’I Love That Line’ Award

The wind brings the scent of sweet roses with it.
- QueenOfHearts

He had caught a whiff of the combined aromas from the bowls outside, and it was queer and unpleasant.
- AstralHunter

Delightful Description

The sun was hot the first day, and when it finally slipped below the horizon, she kept walking with the comfort that at least it would be cooler.
- Arkhaion

The braziers were burning brightly, smoke billowing into the air in thick, cloying ribbons.
- ScarlettFire

Week XIII Commences!

No fallen warriors this week! This makes me very proud. & do know that I am following every one of your stories as best as I can - Warrior or Rogue :)

“Some beautiful paths can't be discovered without getting lost.” - Erol Ozan

324 Reviews

Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:21 pm
Evander says...

@AstralHunter, @AdrianMoon, @Auxiira, @Blues, @Buggiedude2340, @EnderFlash, @Falconer, @Jericho, @Lightsong, @lostthought, @Meandbooks, @Pompadour, @QueenOfHearts, @Stegosaurus, @SpiritedWolfe, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo.

Sunday is nearing. Seriously, chapters need to be written.

I said, "I wanna write a book
With a great beginning and really good hook."
Only reviewers can help me now.
Nothing lasts forever --but this is gonna take me down.

German rat enthusiast.

347 Reviews

Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:35 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 12

Fallen Warriors - 0

Rogues - 11

Deceased - 24

Awards

The Seers Sight - for making it through week XIII.

By the time Lucius and the group even started walking, the sky was transforming into a neon orange streaked with yellow.
- EnderFlash

’I Love That Line’ Award

The way his face went from so light and happy to exhausted was a bit worrying, but that’s what happens when you’re sick enough to leave school.
- SpiritedWolfe

She rang the ovular doorbell and took a step back, putting on a bright smile in the silence that followed.
- Falconer

Delightful Description

I then noticed the huge gash that ran down the right of her face. It started right next to her eye and then its stopped right before her cheekbone. The cut – as I remember it now – wasn’t a clean one, but jagged.
- AdrianMoon

Katin's hands wrapped around a slimy grub at the exact same moment a flurry of wings blotted out the sun.
- Arkhaion

Week XIV Commences!

No fallen warriors AGAIN this week! AH! Bursting with pride. Sorry the round up took so long. Life got in the way so it took me some time to read through all the entries.

On to the next chapter! 

“...there ain't no journey what don't change you some.” - David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:40 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

They are some awesome lines. I need to catch up with some of these novels!
We were born to be amazing.

324 Reviews

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:41 pm
Evander says...

@AstralHunter
@Auxiira
@Blues
@EnderFlash
@Falconer
@Ironspark
@Jericho
@lostthought,
@Meandbooks

@MergSword
Pompadour,
@QueenOfHearts, @ScarlettFire, @Stegosaurus, @SpiritedWolfe, @ThePhoenix, @Tenyo, @Tortwag.

It is Sunday, meaning that chapters should be written!
I actually have to go to a , festival so I can't format this.

German rat enthusiast.

324 Reviews

Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:45 pm
Evander says...

@Pompadour

German rat enthusiast.

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:30 pm
View Likes
Pompadour says...

Oh my gosh, Moony, I saw you mentioned my name and it was surrounded by whitespace and I panicked for a full one second before scrolling up.... >.>
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

175 Reviews

Reviews: 175
Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:21 am
View Likes
Harker says...

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to drop out of LMS, as school and life are keeping me busy.

Best of luck to everyone who's still writing!
John. Queer guy, writer, fan of stuff.

~ Some men are born in their bodies, others have to fight for it. ~

347 Reviews

Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:02 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

TIME IS UP.

Surviving Warriors - 10

Fallen Warriors - 2

Rogues - 11

RIP
@IronSpark
@SpiritedWolfe

Deceased - 26

Awards

The Dwarf’s Gem - for making it through week XIV.
@AstralHunter @AdrianMoon @Buggiedude2340 @EnderFlash @Falconer @Meandbooks @Pompadour @QueenOfHearts @ScarlettFire @Tortwag

The first thing Lucius did was to scuttle behind Claud, using the older man as a personal meat shield.
- EnderFlash

’I Love That Line’ Award

With that said, and with a last sign towards Mettrick, Kamikaz brandished her oversized trident and marched out of the inn, her cape floating with determination behind her back.
- Tortwag

Thick boughs stretched overhead, leaves peeping between the wooden spaces, and arching magnificently over the track.
- Pompadour

Delightful Description

Two sets of double doors stood open at the end, but all Verona could see was a large, cacophonous crowd.
- Meandbooks

I looked at him, stuck on the surface of the deep purple light, his own red light waning.
- Lightsong

Week XV Commences!

I feel so sad for those long standing warriors! You were doing so well. Another doing particularly well is Enderflash…You’ve had the most Outstanding opening line award 2 weeks in a row! Keep it up! 

On to the next chapter! 

“Sometimes the people around you won’t understand the journey. They don’t need to. It’s not for them’ - Joubert Botha.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:41 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Congratulations, my fellow Team Striprime comrades! Of the thirty-two who first embarked on this perilous journey, only ten have survived thus far - and all four of us are included in that number! Let our resolve remain unwavering and may we stand to the end!

To the six other Warriors, I wish you the best of luck. You'll need it ;P
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

WHAT'S UP, POTATOES?
— Rudy (Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality)