z

Young Writers Society

Non-YWS Writing Sites: What are they like?

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:15 pm
KingLucifer says...

This should ultimately tell you, YWS for the foreseeable future will be the top dog writing site.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:26 pm
Stori says...

I've said it before, but it bears repeating. I don't ever want to see Y.W.S go the way of Writing.com. The problem was that the site became so massive it was impossible to find anything specific.

If our fair site runs on a straight line, then Writing.com was a huge spiderweb- enough said. I seem to recall a short-lived spin-off of this site, The Writers Society...

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:38 am
artybirdy says...

I was on Wattpad but I didn't like it. It's changed a lot over the years and feels more like a social media site, such as Twitter or Facebook, than a writer's community. It's also difficult to receive quality feedback/constructive criticism on there. The users I came across said they "loved" my work or told me to "update it soon", nothing else. I ended up deactivating.
[center]Previously known as ArtStyx[/center]

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:12 pm
Carlito says...

I'm a member of AgentQueryConnect.

I think it's great for people serious about publishing a novel or for those that have published a novel. You can fact check (like the ask and expert forum). The critiques are for your query, hook, synopsis, and first 250 words. There are also forums about all of the ins and outs of publishing, and finding beta readers/critique partners which I find really helpful. Members include published and non-published writers which I also really like because you can learn from "veterans". But you can't get immediate feedback on your work like YWS. It's not something I use often, only when I need help with something specific.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls...I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live?
— Homer Simpson