z

Young Writers Society

Need your thoughts: Might switch blogs to Wordpress format

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon May 11, 2015 10:41 pm
Mea says...

I'd be up for it. I've been wanting to start a blog for a while now, but I wanted it to be easily accessible to both YWSers (since they'd probably be the only people to read it) and the rest of the Internet. This seems like a good way to do it.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Tue May 12, 2015 12:23 am
BluesClues says...

Having had a WP blog before, I think this would be awesome, provided we can manage single sign-on. The customization loss doesn't seem like a big deal, since it's always fun to redesign your blog and WP has tons of different themes to choose from.

(Although I could be saying this because I did the absolute minimum customization on my blog back forever ago, so it's not like there's a lot of hard work lost in my case.)

Plus, that'd mean we'd be able to like each other's blog posts, right? Because I know WP has a "like" button that other WP bloggers can use if they're signed in. And I would so dearly love to be able to like other people's blog posts sometimes.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Tue May 12, 2015 12:35 am
Pretzelstick says...

YES! This is such a good idea, never mind the loss of customization on our old blog(even though I just customized it;it's okay to redo it-quick and fun really)+ there are more templates that we can use. I really think that this will be very beneficial and easy to read and have waaaaaay more features. This will escpecially be helpful for us,more serious bloggers.
BlueAfrica wrote:I think this would be awesome, provided we can manage single sign-on.

I totally agree with @BlueAfrica, I think that we need a single sign-in or else the task will get tedious and we will all be too lazy to sign in every single separate time when we want to access it. ;)
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed May 13, 2015 2:45 am
Nate says...

I neglected to mention this earlier, but if you joined prior to March 11 of this year, then you already have a YWS Wordpress blog. Just go to:
Code: Select all
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/blogs/yourusernamehere

For me, it's:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/blogs/nate

A couple things:
- It's based on account info as of March 11. So if you've changed your username or password since then, use whatever you had back in early March.

- These will be deleted. You can login, post, comment on each other's Wordpress blogs, and it'll all be deleted sometime in the next month.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:43 pm
Stori says...

Quick question, since you mentioned Writing Gooder: we can easily avoid having gray text on a white background, right?

When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.
— Walter Lippmann